Merc's/Commandos to OP?

Makinmoney

I have seen in my warzone's that every imperial now only really plays the mercenary because of the insane amount of self healing and massive dps in one class. The Mercenary and commando can literally beat anyone in a 1v1 and some times even a 2v1 becaue of the fact they can self heal to full health three times. They have massive damage reduction and can reflect the damage back at the attacker on top of getting healed per hit. This is absurd and needs to be changed those classes have way to much power in damage and healing for a dps spec.

Your thoughts please comment.

So one of the several threads about this on the pvp forum was not enough? And no, they can be beat 1v1 but normally not by a scrub that can't figure out to stop attacking when they are hurting themselves.

Well the fact of the matter is that you have to stop attacking or they get healed and you die, all the while they can put out a lot of damage on you without any repercussions. That is the problem I have at least

Well the fact of the matter is that you have to stop attacking or they get healed and you die, all the while they can put out a lot of damage on you without any repercussions. That is the problem I have at least

save your mez (stun that breaks on damage) for when they reflect - same as juggs/guardians.

One vs one against a good mara player and they'll still give the merc a run for their money. Perhaps it's a learn to use your own DCD issue?

As for the part about lots of Merc players? Funny how many games I've played where I was the only Merc on my team. Odd how this perception bias thing works.

Anecdotal evidence at best from both of us. I'm sure the combat team are watching their metrics closely, they'll decide if the changes have made Merc / Mando players over effective. Personally, I'm just enjoying not being obliterated by Immortal Juggs in DPS gear, or being the auto focus target in an arena.

One vs one against a good mara player and they'll still give the merc a run for their money. Perhaps it's a learn to use your own DCD issue?

As for the part about lots of Merc players? Funny how many games I've played where I was the only Merc on my team. Odd how this perception bias thing works.

Anecdotal evidence at best from both of us. I'm sure the combat team are watching their metrics closely, they'll decide if the changes have made Merc / Mando players over effective. Personally, I'm just enjoying not being obliterated by Immortal Juggs in DPS gear, or being the auto focus target in an arena.

Well in every warzone I have been in on Jedi covenant there are at least 3-4 mercs every round and in 4v4 ranked and 4v4 normal's there is always at least one or two on the enemy team. I have played over 800 games of warzones and this is the most played class of recent that i have seen since the beginning of this game. It is true that a sentinel or a marauder can give a merc a run for their money but in general the sentinel or maurader will lose due to how many times the merc/commando can heal themselves to full. I'm just saying they seem to have a bit to much dps or a bit to much healing potential a small tone down would be enough to balance it out in my opinion.

Well in every warzone I have been in on Jedi covenant there are at least 3-4 mercs every round and in 4v4 ranked and 4v4 normal's there is always at least one or two on the enemy team. I have played over 800 games of warzones and this is the most played class of recent that i have seen since the beginning of this game. It is true that a sentinel or a marauder can give a merc a run for their money but in general the sentinel or maurader will lose due to how many times the merc/commando can heal themselves to full. I'm just saying they seem to have a bit to much dps or a bit to much healing potential a small tone down would be enough to balance it out in my opinion.

please don't nerf mercs... they are in a good place atm... what I would like is return madness, boost lighting, and give the guy/guys that retooled mercs the chance to work on PT and Jug.