TANK spec *NOT* dropping tank gear from cmd crates

Decidion

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They never said the crate related to your current spec, only that it related to your advanced class.

Yes they did. There was a **** storm about it originally and then announced it would be relevant to your spec as well as long as you were in that spec when opening the boxes.

Edit: Here's a link for the unbelievers.

Around the 3:30 min mark.

Edited by Tsillah

They never said the crate related to your current spec, only that it related to your advanced class.

The October 20th Developers live stream stated crates would drop gear related to your discipline and not your advanced class as was originally planned. Obviously that hasn't happened.

I can't find the gold post but they actually said exactly this. It originally dropped according to your AC but they changed it to the discipline you're in when you open the crate when players complained.

Its on my Darkness Assassin...

In the livestream I recall them saying it was relative to the role you had selected in the drop down in the Galactic Command window and they specifically pointed out this drop down in the upper left hand corner of the GC window.

In the upper left hand corner of the command page there is a option for it to drop DPS Tank or both. DPS is auto selected. Change it and stop ranting before you know what's going on.

It IS set to tank. Stop making assumptions and whining about posts like these before you know whats going on. Did you even read the thread or the post right before yours?

Edited by Decidion

Its on my Darkness Assassin...

In the livestream I recall them saying it was relative to the role you had selected in the drop down in the Galactic Command window and they specifically pointed out this drop down in the upper left hand corner of the GC window.

I've had no such issues on my Assassin, now the 3 identical belts are another story, but they were tank gear.

I've had no such issues on my Assassin, now the 3 identical belts are another story, but they were tank gear.

Ok, I finally got a crappy 228 MK1 tank implant. I think its because I actually switched to tank discipline instead of just setting the "role" on the GC window to tank. This is not what they said in the livestream. I guess its no surprise Musco doesnt know how the developers actually do things.

Yes they did. There was a **** storm about it originally and then announced it would be relevant to your spec as well as long as you were in that spec when opening the boxes.

Edit: Here's a link for the unbelievers.

Around the 3:30 min mark.

Shockingly I was receiving critical gear on my op then I respec'd to healer and started receiving alacrity gear. I had thought I was just lucky. Maybe not? Maybe this is bugged for tanks?

Ok, I finally got a crappy 228 MK1 tank implant. I think its because I actually switched to tank discipline instead of just setting the "role" on the GC window to tank. This is not what they said in the livestream. I guess its no surprise Musco doesnt know how the developers actually do things.

Yeah I started getting the gear after setting the spec

yea, you need to be in that spec, setting that role isnt enugh in the upper left corner of GC window to get the gear. that role i thnk is more for if you que up for fps/ops/uprisings through the GC window then its gonna que you for that role. Edited by LadyHF

I actually think that just has to do with group finder via command console. The gear drop is purely based on spec.

This.

If anyone states it has to do with crate drops, please link a dev source.

Who the hell would want to drop tank AND DPS gear, when it's hard enough to gear up as one of those?

When gear actually drops for me, few and far between, it's dps gear which is good but the schematics have all been tank gear. Anyone else have similar (un)luck?

Same, but schematics are Bind to Legacy, so luckily, you can send them to the toons with the right crew skills.