Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I have a crazy idea! EVERYONE stop doing Veteran Uprisings completely!!

majopucik

Since Bioware needs us to do Uprisings and in order to achieve that they are nerfing everything just to point us in the right direction to what they want us to play, lets make use of that.

They have already increased the cxp gain for Veteran Uprisings by 80% if people still wont do them, they will be forced to increase it again and again. How about trying it? :)

We can also play the game Bioware does!! If people wont do Uprisings then they will be buffed for CXP which will be better for us :D lets try it :D just do dailiy missions, ranked and maybe FPS, if possible :)

Edited by majopucik

[Everyone stops doing Veteran Uprisings.]

BW: "Well, metrics show the players don't want new group content after all - scrap those January plans, it's back to single-player story updates only."

Indeed, however the flipside is that they're not reading those metrics correctly.

1. Players asked for 8-16 man content.
  2. Players get 4 man content.
  3. Players don't play the 4 man content.
  4. BioWare assume players don't want group content.

When in fact, if BioWare had been listening, then we would be playing 8-16 man uprisings. Which would be better than what we currently have, because at least they can say it's 8-16 man content, even if it isn't operations or new PvP maps.

Anyway, I also had early access and have yet to find a reason to go into an Uprising. Not even for achievements.

Someone always has to complain about something, don't they? Uprisings are the new content of course Bioware will promote it as much as they can! They have put time and effort into it so people will play it, if you made something you had worked hard on and people kept doing the things they always did wouldn't you try to make it more appealing for them to do what you have just made and released?

I personally find that Uprisings are a great way to earn CXP, they are short, fast paced, lots of action and a nice way to group up with people more often. They said that some aspects of the game will earn more CXP than others, they kept saying that over and over from the beginning so maybe it would have been wise to pay more attention to their announcements from the beginning. Heroics, dalies and such will reward less and take you longer to rank up, while group content, Uprisings and Chapters will reward more.

I am planning to level up through Dailies and Heroics, will that take a lot more time? Yes. Do I know other players doing group content will level up faster? Yes. Do I accept that others will go faster up the Galactic Command rank than me? Absolutely yes! It is my choice to level up through the content I choose to play, Bioware said it would be less rewarding than others stuff because it is a different form of playing an MMO.

Indeed, however the flipside is that they're not reading those metrics correctly.

The question is HOW MANY asked for 8-16 man content? The 500 ppl on these forums? That is the problem :(

I ran them all enough to get the achievements and then stopped. They're ok, I guess, but kinda boring. I'd rather run a flashpoint. That's ignoring CXP, of course, which I find myself doing more and more. I've gone back to my lower level alts. Disintegrating garbage in every single crate that now takes well over an hour to get after rank 50, has completely sucked all the enjoyment out of endgame.

I ran them all enough to get the achievements and then stopped. They're ok, I guess, but kinda boring. I'd rather run a flashpoint. That's ignoring CXP, of course, which I find myself doing more and more. I've gone back to my lower level alts. Disintegrating garbage in every single crate that now takes well over an hour to get after rank 50, has completely sucked all the enjoyment out of endgame.

Yup people only done the achievements and stopped mostly. Yesterday i spammed them a few times just to see the cxp gain, but i always forgot with how much cxp i started :D

Yeah I heard Dufly saying this, i was soloing Black Talon in 25 min before 5.0 for achievement but still, the you see that the Fractured Uprising can be done in 10 min.

Possibly but if your just spending time what would have been solo heroics or dailies the BT is one of the better sources of CXP since they just upped the rate of the drop boosts by 5 (big wow) and can run 3 or 4 times in an hour which your roughly getting 860-870 per run or if you find 3 other people your are scaling 1,000 per run

BT Vet also didnt seem to get the bolster apply all mobs are level 10 or there abouts you are scaled down but still mincing them mobs with little effort.

Edited by DarthFletcher

Possibly but if your just spending time what would have been solo heroics or dailies the BT is one of the better sources of CXP since they just upped the rate of the drop boosts by 5 (big wow) and can run 3 or 4 times in an hour which your roughly getting 860-870 per run or if you find 3 other people your are scaling 1,000 per run

BT Vet also didnt seem to get the bolster apply all mobs are level 10 or there abouts you are scaled down but still mincing them mobs with little effort.

People will find a way to get cxp again so ill just wait up for them to test stuff. I would be testing myself, but i have limited game time due to RL. What i can do alone is Veteran chapter 1 when they have bonus, which takes 6 min to complete.

When in fact, if BioWare had been listening, then we would be playing 8-16 man uprisings. Which would be better than what we currently have, because at least they can say it's 8-16 man content, even if it isn't operations or new PvP maps.

Anyway, I also had early access and have yet to find a reason to go into an Uprising. Not even for achievements.

I'm going to disagree here. I think that given the state of things 8-16 man groups are rather imptactical until thry do something about the servers. Instead of hearing people cry foul that there's no big group content, the forum would be inundated with people upset that the server is so dead that the queue for 8 or 16 man content never pops. Now I'll go out on a limb and say the server doesn't have to be dead to not pop. Raiders likely make up a minority on here (give whatever reason you want but there are several as to why this is the case). So 4 man content is doable on most all servers. This is why they're more focused on it. They focus on the majority and what the majority could do. No need to reply saying bw chased away raiders. Sure, that is one reason, but there are others. Economically, focusing on 16 man content is not feasible. Now thry did say they were releasing their server plans next year. Maybe that will help ops to revive. If they do...

I'm going to disagree here. I think that given the state of things 8-16 man groups are rather imptactical until thry do something about the servers. Instead of hearing people cry foul that there's no big group content, the forum would be inundated with people upset that the server is so dead that the queue for 8 or 16 man content never pops. Now I'll go out on a limb and say the server doesn't have to be dead to not pop. Raiders likely make up a minority on here (give whatever reason you want but there are several as to why this is the case). So 4 man content is doable on most all servers. This is why they're more focused on it. They focus on the majority and what the majority could do. No need to reply saying bw chased away raiders. Sure, that is one reason, but there are others. Economically, focusing on 16 man content is not feasible. Now thry did say they were releasing their server plans next year. Maybe that will help ops to revive. If they do...

Well the thing with 4 man content is that the better players can pretty much solo it and that makes it kinda pointless. THe reason why raiders are a minority the state of the game. The raiding community has been decreasing ever since start!

Well the thing with 4 man content is that the better players can pretty much solo it and that makes it kinda pointless.

So any content that is easy from a subjective point of view is useless, seeing that a small minority of players can easily breeze through it?

Again: SWTOR has become an (MM)ORPG for a very casual audience. The targeted audience is not veteran MMO players that have years/a decade of MMO combat similar to WoW and LOTRO. I've seen quite a few people in my guild who've joined in recent days, and most of them still need the most basic rundown of things. A veteran uprising is actually quite challenging to them.

Just because "better" (please define the subjective term 'better) players can breeze through the Uprisings, they are not pointless per se. They might be boring for the "better players", but pointless is a far stretch.

The problem with raiding is that you have to be good not decent good this is why only a minority of players raid in this mmo and I guess all, most players are decent but there never gonna be good. Of course there are some very good ones but there like the 1% of the player base like awfully bad players are.

So the focus on their limited budget will not be ops it will be what most players play.

Edited by adormitul

So any content that is easy from a subjective point of view is useless, seeing that a small minority of players can easily breeze through it?

Again: SWTOR has become an (MM)ORPG for a very casual audience. The targeted audience is not veteran MMO players that have years/a decade of MMO combat similar to WoW and LOTRO. I've seen quite a few people in my guild who've joined in recent days, and most of them still need the most basic rundown of things. A veteran uprising is actually quite challenging to them.

Just because "better" (please define the subjective term 'better) players can breeze through the Uprisings, they are not pointless per se. They might be boring for the "better players", but pointless is a far stretch.

i believe the word you were trying to find is "sandbox" :D:D

The problem with raiding is that you have to be good not decent good this is why only a minority of players raid in this mmo and I guess all, most players are decent but there never gonna be good. Of course there are some very good ones but there like the 1% of the player base like awfully bad players are.

So the focus on their limited budget will not be ops it will be what most players play.

well of course it's a minority now.... the majority of good raiders left when there was no new raids in 4.0:eek::eek:

Here it is important to define the terms. What is a "better" player? Since i know the dps rotation on my toon, dont stand in red and interrupt when needed am I a "better" player? That should mean that is a "normal" player.

What each player needs to learn is to read the text in the disciplines window to see what causes what, procs etc, that takes care of rotation, then mechanics, dont stand in red, cleanse and interrupt, that is all there is to it. These simple steps apply to all encounters in the game.

Problem is with "lazy" players that dont want to read and learn. Raiders are not Gods, people are too lazy to learn.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.