PvP regs vs Ranked CXP

TrixxieTriss

So it seems that reg pvp gives only slightly less CXP than ranked pvp. But regs give you more more credits, DvL.

For the small sacrifice of a few CXP points, you actually come out better doing reg pvp.

So unless you are a ranked player and play ranked pvp for competition and not CXP farming, you don't need to do ranked

So it seems that reg pvp gives only slightly less CXP than ranked pvp. But regs give you more more credits, DvL.

For the small sacrifice of a few CXP points, you actually come out better doing reg pvp.

So unless you are a ranked player and play ranked pvp for competition and not CXP farming, you don't need to do ranked

Depends on the warzone and who is in it. Arenas can take anywhere from five minutes to ten minutes to complete the best of three matchup. Warzones can take anywhere from ten minutes to twenty minutes to complete if you are in a contested Alderaan Civil War or Ancient Hypergate. On average, I'd still argue ranked arenas are the way to go as you are likely to accumulate far more CXP every hour than going into a warzone that could potentially take twenty minutes if neither team has enough killing power.

Depends on the warzone and who is in it. Arenas can take anywhere from five minutes to ten minutes to complete the best of three matchup. Warzones can take anywhere from ten minutes to twenty minutes to complete if you are in a contested Alderaan Civil War or Ancient Hypergate. On average, I'd still argue ranked arenas are the way to go as you are likely to accumulate far more CXP every hour than going into a warzone that could potentially take twenty minutes if neither team has enough killing power.

Queue time can be longer for ranked than regs. Especially is less skilled players trickle in. Then all the skilled ranked guys leave the queue. Or on the flip side, the skilled guys stomp the less skilled guys and everyone unqueues. I did three reg WZs today in the time it was taking to get 1 ranked pop.

If all things were equal, especially on queues, then you would get a better return in ranked. But they aren't, the best return will be in regs.

I feel like maybe this isn't a general PSA and is more of a "Please stop bringing down my ranking by being crap in ranked PVP."

I've never once stepped into a ranked match just for that reason (and I hate PVP), but BW seems to want me to troll ranked players now for CXP, so I might as well.

Hell, it'll probably go faster due to my fail.

Can you imagine if GSF had ranked? It would just be launch fighter, engage afterburners, crash into spawn vessel, repeat. I can practically taste the rage.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

I don't think it is a bad thing that less skilled players are joining ranked. Some will get better, the less skilled tend to get frustrated and leave. It's good for the long term health of ranked that more players join.

That being said, if you are not going to try then don't join.

Not going to work. Everyone knows that arena is finished in 5 minutes so cxp/hour is way bigger in ranked :D

Edited by Tsetso

Not going to work. Everyone knows that arena is finished in 5 minutes so cxp/hour is way bigger in ranked :D

I don't know, an Arena with healers- we had that pop (got to actually play with the person who kept bragging on Fleet, they were really good) and we played out until an instant death all three rounds. We won but it was a real tug of war and neither of side wanted to give it up. Those Arenas are pretty fun.

I don't know, an Arena with healers- we had that pop (got to actually play with the person who kept bragging on Fleet, they were really good) and we played out until an instant death all three rounds. We won but it was a real tug of war and neither of side wanted to give it up. Those Arenas are pretty fun.

cxp grinders don't care about winning - they get their medals and throw it off.

cxp grinders don't care about winning - they get their medals and throw it off.

I know but... but- the point is to help your team win. Frell, I hate CXP- we need it to gear up but that's no excuse for ruining matches for other people. I think too light sided, they don't care but it makes me so sad. I was incredibly happy to win two out of three matches after today's reset, and the one lost was one where it took longer just because we didn't want to give up and almost won.

Edited by AllisonLightning

I know but... but- the point is to help your team win. Frell, I hate CXP- we need it to gear up but that's no excuse for ruining matches for other people. I think too light sided, they don't care but it makes me so sad. I was incredibly happy to win two out of three matches after today's reset, and the one lost was one where it took longer just because we didn't want to give up and almost won.

Yes, i agree with you. Hell, that's one of the reasons i unsubbed. But that's the system BWA implemented.

I don't think it is a bad thing that less skilled players are joining ranked. Some will get better, the less skilled tend to get frustrated and leave. It's good for the long term health of ranked that more players join.

In an elo system the not so good players play against others at their rating level and the people with no lives (like many of us) play only against those in our brackets. Everyone's happy, everyone has a chance, it's mostly fair. That's how many games that are based on pvp work. This one is designed to work that way but there aren't enough players yet - we need merges (or x-server) - it's still way too easy to q sync and otherwise sabotage the qs.

I feel like maybe this isn't a general PSA and is more of a "Please top bringing down my ranking by being crap in ranked PVP."

I've never once stepped into a ranked match just for that reason (and I hate PVP), but BW seems to want me to troll ranked players now for CXP, so I might as well.

Hell, it'll probably go faster due to my fail.

Can you imagine if GSF had ranked? It would just be launch fighter, engage afterburners, crash into spawn vessel, repeat. I can practically taste the rage.

I will queue ranked until I get my gear or they fix the system, whichever comes first.

:t_cool:

In an elo system the not so good players play against others at their rating level and the people with no lives (like many of us) play only against those in our brackets. Everyone's happy, everyone has a chance, it's mostly fair. That's how many games that are based on pvp work. This one is designed to work that way but there aren't enough players yet - we need merges (or x-server) - it's still way too easy to q sync and otherwise sabotage the qs.

Oh I agree, however more players joining will move us at least a little closer to a true elo system.

As others have mentioned. Arena's are much faster in general than the rest of the objective based WZs. Ranked is actually quite quick once you get it to pop actually.

That's my whole point, "if" you get a pop.

You are more likely to get a reg pop and a full match in before you get a ranked pop.

Plus as far as CXP goes, there is barely a difference between regs and a loss in ranked, which most CXP farmers will have.

You have to "actually win ranked" to get a little bit more than regs. Farming it for CXP and losing is a waste of time and ruins Ranked players experience.

There is also the fact that DvL isn't in Ranked and neither are credits. If you take each thing individually it doesn't seem like much, but when you deliver it as a package, the time played works out better in regs.

You'll also have more fun in regs because you'll get more people to play against who have similar pvp skills as you.

They'll never get better doing ranked if they aren't skilled enough to start with. There is no learning curve for underskilled players in ranked, there is just a cliff to jump off.

If they want to get better at pvp, regs is the only place that will happen because there will be equally skilled players to fight against, with a smattering of veteran players to learn off.

Trying to get better by doing ranked is like sending a kindergarten child to university to get a masters degree.

Lowbie bracket pvp = kindergarten, primary school.

Mid bracket pvp = middle school, high school

End game bracket = entry lvl/first year university

Ranked = masters degree

They could triple the cxp rewards for ranked and I still wouldn't do them. I play pvp for fun and to enjoy the contest, not to be abused or see other players abused by what has become a very toxic and intolerant player group.

This has long been a problem with ranked, because players take it far too seriously and losses matter. The ranked player base has dwindled to very few players so much so that it's become almost incestuous, where everyone knows everyone else and any newcomer is easily identified and targeted by the opposing team. Then they are quickly dispatched and told to uninstall or never queue again (with a lot of profanities thrown in).

Honestly that is not true. You get more cxp if you win. Way more.

And a loss is basically the same CXP as doing a reg WZ, but without getting credits or DvL. Plus you'll probably have to wait longer for a pop than you do for a reg wz.

What it comes down to is time spent rewards and enjoyment vs less "total" time spent rewards and no enjoyment as they get ground to dust and abused by everyone.

^This. Depending on the server/time of the day ranked is not going to be a better farming option than WZs. Over time as the population decreases further this will become even more likely the case.

True, time of day matters. But the queue pop starts to get longer when farmers, hackers or Win traders start to appear.

Then you see the same people asking others to queue Ranked, in the mean time you've done 2 reg WZs while they wait for a pop.

Im not the best pvp,er but i do like to fight in arena and in ranked becous i like to meet skilled people.

After every one started to farm KP there is to long quetime for me so i havent played ranked for a few Days.

Whit the 5.0.1 patch i Think the que time will be even longer. So my Days in arena are probably ower.

No point in regs, ranked are arenas, fast and easy and mostly with 4 dps or 3 dps and 1 tank, which means fast matches.