Possible to do Dread Master storyline without operation?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish! I wanted to see the ending of those Jinchuriki story myself for years now . I was hoping they could at least turn the Story oriented OP to Single players like they did with Flashpoint . But no luck....

I haven't seen any way to do it without grouping . :(

I wish! I wanted to see the ending of those Jinchuriki story myself for years now . I was hoping they could at least turn the Story oriented OP to Single players like they did with Flashpoint . But no luck....

Well that sucks. I hate playing with random people and nobody I know plays :( I guess I'll just have to watch it on Youtube. Never the same :( Seems like a great story too. Unlike these crappy new expansions. They need to stop blending all 8 class stories it sucks sooooooo hard.

It would be nice if they did it like what they did for the Revan operation. There is a solo mode for story, and operation mode for raiders.

For solo players, maybe make us work for it by grinding heroics to increase the War Readiness score (like Mass Effect 3). Once it reaches 100%, then we can access Revan solo mode. This can be a weekly thing.

Edited by ConradLionhart

No, you actually need to do Dread Fortress and then Dread Palace to end the story line.

That is because it is "older" content and has not been changed. BW "learned" only afterwards to not combine Solo and Multiplayer pieces or at least offer a Solo alternative.

But: DF and DP have been nerved so much, it really is a walk in the park in SM and unless you really are completely opposed to joining any group you should easily find one. And you get the Strike Force Tauntaun-Mount and "Epic Hero"-Title. ;)

No, you actually need to do Dread Fortress and then Dread Palace to end the story line.

That is because it is "older" content and has not been changed. BW "learned" only afterwards to not combine Solo and Multiplayer pieces or at least offer a Solo alternative.

But: DF and DP have been nerved so much, it really is a walk in the park in SM and unless you really are completely opposed to joining any group you should easily find one. And you get the Strike Force Tauntaun-Mount and "Epic Hero"-Title. ;)

I'd only annoy people in a group xD I like to move at my own pace in the game and other people tend to rush through everything :( What's DF DP and SM supposed to mean? I'm really not that versed in the terminology

What's DF DP and SM supposed to mean? I

LF 2 tanks 4 DPS 2 healers DF SM GF-looking for 2 tanks 4 DPS 2 healer dread fortress story mode group finder

LF 2 tanks 4 DPS 2 healers DP SM GF-looking for 2 tanks 4 DPS 2 healer dread palace story mode group finder

I'd only annoy people in a group xD I like to move at my own pace in the game and other people tend to rush through everything :( What's DF DP and SM supposed to mean? I'm really not that versed in the terminology
Sorry, just used the abbreviations for the names I used earlier - DF = Dread Fortress, DP = Dread Palace, SM is story mode.

I understand that joining a group is a bit frightning at first. My recommendation (if you want to try) is to either ask in chat yourself (like: beginner looking for group to finish story - or somthing like that) or join a group and tell people that you're a firsttimer. You should DPS (or maybe heal) though, because in said operations lack of DPS shouldn't be an issue, so even if you fail to "perform" the group should do fine.

Aside from animal demons possessing human hosts, what does the word in bold refer to?

The Dread Masters aren't possessed, they're corrupted by Fear and the Dark Side. Their mental state is a homicidal hive mind gestalt, not infection by external sentients.

Aside from animal demons possessing human hosts, what does the word in bold refer to?

The Dread Masters aren't possessed, they're corrupted by Fear and the Dark Side. Their mental state is a homicidal hive mind gestalt, not infection by external sentients.

It refer to this : http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Jinch%C5%ABriki

When I played my Sorc on Belsavis and saw them , I was also watching Naruto Shippuden . And couldn't help but chuckle since they reminded me something in the Manga .

They have nothing in commun , but on Belsavis when they are shown all together..lol....just couldn't help myself . :D

Yeah, I'd love soloable modes for Ops as well. Or a ghost-mode... why do MMOs not have ghost/spectator modes?

That would be a great way for people (like me) who don't want to group up to at least get to see the content. Of course we'd get no loot, we'd not be able to interact at all with anyone/anything, but we'd see what it's all about.

Maybe we'd even get motivated to do the ops properly when we know at least a little about the tactics.

...and no, watching a video is not at all the same.

Have you ever run Flashpoints, OP?

Dread Fortress and Dread Palace on story mode aren't really much more difficult than that, it just involves a larger group.

Yeah I easily run through solo flashpoints I just assumed Ops would be waaaaaaay harder and I also assumed you couldn't start them alone but if they really aren't much more difficult maybe I should give it a try thanks for the heads up

Kinda late to the party, but this is still an option: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=900926

Take a look, make a book :D

Thats seems like an interesting thing because coincidentally I am on The Red Eclipse. I may contact you if I can't run through it solo like the previous poster suggested. What your doing is exactly what I'm looking for. A way to run through and not miss any story due to a rushing group.

Have you ever run Flashpoints, OP?

Dread Fortress and Dread Palace on story mode aren't really much more difficult than that, it just involves a larger group.

Oh or do you mean have I done them with groups? Because nope I literally NEVER play with anybody. I think I played with some guy for a few days one time about 2 years ago and thats pretty much it xD I only play for the story. Not nearly keyboard savvy enough for multiplayer stuff I'd just die all the time. This is the only game I play with keyboard and mouse lol it really isn't my area xD

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Personally I don't see the harm in adding a solo mode to anything.

I don't group, I play at a reasonable speed but no where near the pace groups like to go at, skipping cutscenes (like how am I supposed to know what to do if I don't see the scenes).

I imagine it's frustrating for those that see them time and time again but still, it's just as frustrating not being allowed to see them.

Sticking these thing behind group content does not encourage some people to play them, and those that don't mind grouping would still group if there were a solo mode, it would just allow those of us that dont wish to group a chance to see the content.

Personally I don't see the harm in adding a solo mode to anything.

I don't group, I play at a reasonable speed but no where near the pace groups like to go at, skipping cutscenes (like how am I supposed to know what to do if I don't see the scenes).

I imagine it's frustrating for those that see them time and time again but still, it's just as frustrating not being allowed to see them.

Sticking these thing behind group content does not encourage some people to play them, and those that don't mind grouping would still group if there were a solo mode, it would just allow those of us that dont wish to group a chance to see the content.

Dude this is exactly how I feel. I hate when story content is locked behind multiplayer requirements too groups always go way too fast, I mean I ain't THAT slow but damn groups be in an unholy hurry, no-one ever cares about the cutscenes and the very few times I've done a multiplayer mission my character has stood during the conversations and got to say absolutely nothing thanks to the conversation system being based on chance... Kinda makes you more a supporting player than it being your story. Definitely should always be a solo option. As you say people who group won't be discouraged anyway so it really shouldn't matter.

Well, I can save you the trouble

You kill them all

Wow your so funny. Ever thought of going into standup? Really don't get why people like you even bother. The fact that you've got nothing better to do than post unhelpful messages on forums is sad really. Funny that your not even right too xD As far as I've ever seen on the Republic side (which is what I'd do first anyway) you don't "kill them all" you can save one... So yeah.

Uhh, man too much posts to respond to here, but I'll try in 1 go.

1: story is not locked behind group content. Just accept it.

2: you can't solo OPS and I'm quite sure there won't be an option to solo the OPS we have

3: don't come with the Revan fight, because it is the single most retarded fight in the game.

4: even so, because you have to do it even if you completed the OPS instead

5: I know it will pop up, so here it is: Oricon is not a story planet. It's a daily area.

6: There are 6 of the Dread Masters and you have to kill 5 of them on Oricon.

7: so if one is interested in the Dread Master arc, one should do ALL of the OPS to get the picture.

8: it's still not locked, you can pretty much ignore the DM story arc.

9: no such thing as solo OPS

10: yep, they die, what did you think?

11: imagine the scenario where you mop up the floor with 4 DMs in 1 fight. That's just ruins it.

12: this is still an MMO(?)

I might sound harsh, but trust me, giving solo options to these fights would ruin the experience.

Yeah I easily run through solo flashpoints I just assumed Ops would be waaaaaaay harder and I also assumed you couldn't start them alone but if they really aren't much more difficult maybe I should give it a try thanks for the heads up

They were more difficult, that's why they added Bolster to SM Ops, so that they'd be on par with Flashpoints.

Uhh, man too much posts to respond to here, but I'll try in 1 go.

1: story is not locked behind group content. Just accept it.

2: you can't solo OPS and I'm quite sure there won't be an option to solo the OPS we have

3: don't come with the Revan fight, because it is the single most retarded fight in the game.

4: even so, because you have to do it even if you completed the OPS instead

5: I know it will pop up, so here it is: Oricon is not a story planet. It's a daily area.

6: There are 6 of the Dread Masters and you have to kill 5 of them on Oricon.

7: so if one is interested in the Dread Master arc, one should do ALL of the OPS to get the picture.

8: it's still not locked, you can pretty much ignore the DM story arc.

9: no such thing as solo OPS

10: yep, they die, what did you think?

11: imagine the scenario where you mop up the floor with 4 DMs in 1 fight. That's just ruins it.

12: this is still an MMO(?)

I might sound harsh, but trust me, giving solo options to these fights would ruin the experience.

1. What? I don't get it. I want to do the Oricon story and some of it is DEFINITELY locked behind group content seeing as I can do the first few missions then am prompted to do an op.

2. I never thought you could solo ops someone else seemed to indicate on the thread that you could

3. I never mentioned the Revan fight so I really have no idea what you mean here because it is already solo-able anyway.

4. Same thing.

5. Oricon has a story to it that I want to see I dunno about dailies or anything like that but I do know there are cutscenes and a story to be seen.

6. I've read online you don't kill all 5. One survives and you can let him live on Republic side.

7. Ok good to know.

8. No idea what you mean is locked or whatever?

9. Same point you made in 2

10. Same point you made in 6.

11. Considering your supposed to be some all powerful guy who (depending on class) took down the Emperor himself then I don't see it as unrealistic to be able to take the dread masters. They bowed to the Emperors power after all so if you can beat the Emperor alone it's not out of the realm of possibility that you can beat them alone.

12. Who said it wasn't an MMO? How exactly would including a solo option make it not an MMO? If you enjoy grouping you'd still do it anyway all solo modes would do is accommodate for those who wish to see and enjoy the story at their own pace. Not like it would be a huge job for the devs. if your worried about people getting unfairly good loot from it they could easily have it so on solo mode enemies drop regular stuff. Not even that I know for sure you get better loot in an Op I'm just guessing.

Solo modes definitely wouldn't "ruin" anything. You could still have the missions as they are for multiplayer minded people like you on a harder mode with better rewards and a softer playthrough for single players

1. What? I don't get it. I want to do the Oricon story and some of it is DEFINITELY locked behind group content seeing as I can do the first few missions then am prompted to do an op.

2. I never thought you could solo ops someone else seemed to indicate on the thread that you could

3. I never mentioned the Revan fight so I really have no idea what you mean here because it is already solo-able anyway.

4. Same thing.

5. Oricon has a story to it that I want to see I dunno about dailies or anything like that but I do know there are cutscenes and a story to be seen.

6. I've read online you don't kill all 5. One survives and you can let him live on Republic side.

7. Ok good to know.

8. No idea what you mean is locked or whatever?

9. Same point you made in 2

10. Same point you made in 6.

11. Considering your supposed to be some all powerful guy who (depending on class) took down the Emperor himself then I don't see it as unrealistic to be able to take the dread masters. They bowed to the Emperors power after all so if you can beat the Emperor alone it's not out of the realm of possibility that you can beat them alone.

12. Who said it wasn't an MMO? How exactly would including a solo option make it not an MMO? If you enjoy grouping you'd still do it anyway all solo modes would do is accommodate for those who wish to see and enjoy the story at their own pace. Not like it would be a huge job for the devs. if your worried about people getting unfairly good loot from it they could easily have it so on solo mode enemies drop regular stuff. Not even that I know for sure you get better loot in an Op I'm just guessing.

Solo modes definitely wouldn't "ruin" anything. You could still have the missions as they are for multiplayer minded people like you on a harder mode with better rewards and a softer playthrough for single players

Dude it's like three year old content. The game has areas of the game that actually could use the devs attention. Yes, there is group content in the game. No, you can't solo it.

And as I posted above - the entirety of what you are missing is simply that you kill the rest of them. There is no magical story continuation. You kill them. The end. You're not missing anything.

You can choose to do so or not do so. You seem to want something more and I don't get why.

Personally, I would advise using your time a bit more effectively. In the amount of time it took you to post here, you could have looked at Dulfy's SM guides to DF and DP for a quick and dirty (but completely sufficient) rundown on how the fights go. They are very easy to find groups for via groupfinder once a week or so. Go do them. With a group. They are fun, and in story mode, quite easy. I think you would be far more entertained doing that than engaging in a debate around allocating resources to making three year old content soloable.