Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Just awesome RNG

Quraswren

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, lets be honest here, its the same ten or so people posting this crap all over the forums and then flocking to each other's posts. At what point does it just become useless spam?

oh you're a new face in our RNG cauldron i think. (more or less at least). i think at some point we realized that forum pvp was more fun than the CXP grind in game lol. so here we are. :D:D

Well, lets be honest here, its the same ten or so people posting this crap all over the forums and then flocking to each other's posts. At what point does it just become useless spam?

It's the general forum of a computer game. If you come here for more than useless spam, I kinda feel for you. Useful discussions are few and far between, particularly in the general forum.

For most it's just about forum pvp and reminding the devs that we haven't given up on our ideas. And a good laugh of course.

To be fair, the OP has done nothing but complain about how hard it is to get set pieces in every complaint thread she's made and/or posted in. It's not hard for Furh to draw that conclusion.

In actuality that is incorrect.

I've complained about all current gearing in the RNG. Not just set items or secondary items but all gearing.

At least get that right. RNG sucks, its just that simple.

Put in the effort to clear content no matter what it is sounds good on paper but in the reality of swtor. It sucks. We put in a fair amount of time and in past years that would have amounted to crystals for gear, random drops, secondary drop and possibly set items.

Now all that time got me, nothing. So yea, I got a problem with RNG while we do years old content and very little new.

There is no praise to be had in what bw has implemented.

Edited by Quraswren

Yes, this is a place to chat about the game. That is entirely the reason this forum exists.

One could argue there are other things we do here, and perhaps that definition is too broad...but I would contend it is the most obvious one.

So chatting about the game, even if it appears to have little consequence, is exactly why I believe most folks are here.

Yes, this is a place to chat about the game. That is entirely the reason this forum exists.

One could argue there are other things we do here, and perhaps that definition is too broad...but I would contend it is the most obvious one.

So chatting about the game, even if it appears to have little consequence, is exactly why I believe most folks are here.

eloquent as ever my friend =):)

That's all well and good, but does everyone need their own special complaint thread? This entire thread has been posted and rehashed in countless threads already.

That's all well and good, but does everyone need their own special complaint thread? This entire thread has been posted and rehashed in countless threads already.

Sure. Why not? No harm in having threads about it and individuals scenarios and dealings with the massively flawed RNG bw has created.

Well nobody's forcing you to open these threads and post in them...

Yea, I've actually refrained from doing so for the last few days, but I figured I'd give some white knight support since you guys constantly gang up on anyone who dares to disagree with your opinion that GC sucks.

Yea, I've actually refrained from doing so for the last few days, but I figured I'd give some white knight support since you guys constantly gang up on anyone who dares to disagree with your opinion that GC sucks.

and again, this time i'll be the one to say it:

it's not about the GC. the GC we don't mind. it's the lack of new content to go along with it.... and the RNG gearing =):D:D

Well I'd be happy to have a civil discussion with them if they stop coming in with terms like "crying", "doom and gloom" and many non-arguments to "prove" us wrong.

But let me ask you a question. What happens to a thread when you post in it?

To be perfectly fair, this thread is somewhat unique in that it presents an example of a player not obtaining any gear with stats at all.

In Aowin's thread, he has made the claim that that was completely impossible. (Of course, this was just a guess on his part as he isn't privy to the game's source code).

So ... with the OPs post we now have a new direction of the discussion.

1. Did this happen because of a bug in the game?

2. OR, did this happen because the loot table includes the possibility of ONLY cosmetic gear?

If it's #1, I hope this bug is fixed.

If it's #2, this means that the available pool of gear choices is even wider than originally suspected. Something worth discussing.

it's the lack of new content to go along with it.

That I completely and firmly agree with, without a doubt. The RNG thing, on the other hand, seems to be blown way out of proportion. As has been pointed out many times already, getting purple 228's is easy, and those are more than sufficient to sustain you while you play the RNG game.

You didn't come off like that. Defending the system and attacking those opposed to it are 2 different things. And when you're in the minority in a group discussion, prepare to be ganged up on. Think of a Republican at a Democratic rally... you're gonna get 10 opposing statements. If you come in swinging fists, 10 of those are going to be hostile, but if you come in reasonable, maybe 2 of them will be.

In theory, I think the system is potentially flawed, worst case. In my personal experience, it's been rather nice, rewarding me with better gear than I had for doing things I'd be doing anyway. It's also got be back in the Starfighter cockpit for the first time in ages. But I'm not a hardcore raider or PvP'er and I'd hate to be made to do other styles for a mere chance of getting what I needed to succeed in my chosen activity.

What do you like about RNGearing?

To be perfectly fair, this thread is somewhat unique in that it presents an example of a player not obtaining any gear with stats at all.

In Aowin's thread, he has made the claim that that was completely impossible. (Of course, this was just a guess on his part as he isn't privy to the game's source code).

To my understanding, and everyone else's I assume, it was supposed to be impossible.

Edited by Vember

You didn't come off like that. Defending the system and attacking those opposed to it are 2 different things. And when you're in the minority in a group discussion, prepare to be ganged up on. Think of a Republican at a Democratic rally... you're gonna get 10 opposing statements. If you come in swinging fists, 10 of those are going to be hostile, but if you come in reasonable, maybe 2 of them will be.

In theory, I think the system is potentially flawed, worst case. In my personal experience, it's been rather nice, rewarding me with better gear than I had for doing things I'd be doing anyway. It's also got be back in the Starfighter cockpit for the first time in ages. But I'm not a hardcore raider or PvP'er and I'd hate to be made to do other styles for a mere chance of getting what I needed to succeed in my chosen activity.

What do you like about RNGearing?

Come on now...how many personal attacks and insults has Aowin suffered in his thread? And that dude has been very well spoken throughout.

That I completely and firmly agree with, without a doubt. The RNG thing, on the other hand, seems to be blown way out of proportion. As has been pointed out many times already, getting purple 228's is easy, and those are more than sufficient to sustain you while you play the RNG game.

doesn't seem that easy to me.... i don't craft myself and over 5 years i've gather about 10 mil across my 42 toons. yeah i'm VERY bad at making money. so if i can't craft my gear and can't buy it wihtout getting broke, i need to play the RNG game. plus. my 224s are only a few points behind the 228s anyway, so what's the point of getting them to begin with? 0.o:eek:

doesn't seem that easy to me.... i don't craft myself and over 5 years i've gather about 10 mil across my 42 toons. yeah i'm VERY bad at making money. so if i can't craft my gear and can't buy it wihtout getting broke, i need to play the RNG game. plus. my 224s are only a few points behind the 228s anyway, so what's the point of getting them to begin with? 0.o:eek:

Well, I craft and I've made around 35 million in the last week...if I can do it, it can't be that hard :p

And yes, you've got 224's, I assume augmented, so just play the game and enjoy. Keep gaining command levels and opening crates, you have the whole world at your finger tips. Hallelujer!

Edited by Vember

Come on now...how many personal attacks and insults has Aowin suffered in his thread? And that dude has been very well spoken throughout.

Well I just checked the whole thread and unless there is some bug, I'd say the reason he has been very well spoken throughout this thread is because he hasn't posted in it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.