Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Just awesome RNG

Quraswren

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, what I do to counter you is provide data, and logical reasoning.

What you do to counter me is provide opinion and illogical reasoning.

Logical reasoning? Haha yeah that doesn't work with you guys it's way over your head.

well, Furh, i've been quoting people for 109 pages in Aowin's thread lol, but my bad. i thought your reading skillz were good enough to spot your own name. my bad, sorry.:D

okay. horrid RNG talk engaged: 45 boxes opened on my main + 5 on my alt = ONE PIECE that is an upgrade to my current gear. :(

Oh that's so horrible maybe if you complain enough they will send you a couple of other pieces to make you feel better..

well, Furh, i've been quoting people for 109 pages in Aowin's thread lol, but my bad. i thought your reading skillz were good enough to spot your own name. my bad, sorry.:D

okay. horrid RNG talk engaged: 45 boxes opened on my main + 5 on my alt = ONE PIECE that is an upgrade to my current gear. :(

50 boxes...I'm impressed by such persistence. But this is the reality of it.

As I told a particular person whose name shall not be mentioned (but it starts with an "a") about the equality of this RNG system:

The moment we gain gearboxes we are all equal; the moment we open the boxes we are no longer equal.

This is the reality of the current system and that's why I don't feel it's a fair system at all, because progression into harder content that we already played for years before, is in part dependent on what happens when we open the boxes.

Edited by Tsillah

Boy I really struck a nerve with you didn't I. This must have been your favorite safe space to come to and feel all included and stuff...yeah here is this mean guy who is already to like 10 other bad posters ruining your safe space.

To be fair, I think you're assigning more importance to your opinions or viewpoints than I think actually exists Furh. I think it is more likely folks are responding to your vitriolic posting style, not your actual viewpoint on the matter.

That is not to say you have not suffered vitriol as well.

I think you would find folks much more accepting of your opinion if it was not so often laced with diatribe.

Again, it is your choice, but I tend to wonder why someone would post if they knew if was likely their opinion would be mocked and/or ignored based on their posting style...it seems counterproductive to me.

You have a strong basis for your argument in support of the current system, but any strength is lost in the lack of self respect you demonstrate in your combative posts IMO.

Edited by LordArtemis

Oh that's so horrible maybe if you complain enough they will send you a couple of other pieces to make you feel better..

well it could be worse....... it also could be better. which is exactly what we're upset about - that we do not have even a rough estimate to base our expectations on. if i knew i could say complete my 230 gear set within 2 months i wouldn't be bothered whether my first piece came in crate #1 or crate #101. it's the randomness of the whole thing that's not appealing. .... and certainly not exciting. and YES i know it's not gonna go away. i would however prefer if they would drop unassembled tokens instead. so that after i reach rank 300 i could continue farming them on my main and any doubles of token that i get i could just turn in and mail over to an alt.

As I told a particular person whose name shall not be mentioned (but it starts with an "a") about the equality of this RNG system:

The moment we gain gearboxes we are all equal; the moment we open the boxes we no longer are equal.

This is the reality of the current system and that's why I don't feel it's a fair system at all, because progression into harder content that we already played for years before, is in part dependent on what happens when we open the boxes.

"Equality" "Fair" let me guess the college you are in supplies play-doh when you are sad things didn't go your way...if they gave you a participation trophy would that make you "equal"?

The moment we gain gearboxes we are all equal; the moment we open the boxes we no longer are equal.

damn, i know i read this before.... hmmm i wonder where............ oooo i know ! do i get a cookie for guessing the name right? :D:D

"Equality" "Fair" let me guess the college you are in supplies play-doh when you are sad things didn't go your way...if they gave you a participation trophy would that make you "equal"?

The college I used to attend gave me a diploma upon completing it. I didn't have to roll a die to see if I could get my diploma or had to go back to kindergarten to start all over with exactly the same courses based on a die roll.

I believe in being rewarded for work or effort. In fact participation is exactly what GC rewards. You have things completely backwards.

It's no surprise.

Oh no I read it correctly you are just upset not everyone shares your entitlement mentality.

Again you show your ignorance in readying and comprehending skills.

I'm upset bw has limited ability to create a reasonable design when clearly gamers on this very forum have come up with ways to still control gear distribution time and it not be as fast as 4.0

Serious question here:

So today there have been about TEN of us going back and forth on the two or three RNG threads. If the RNG is so horrible why is there only 9 people complaining about today on the forums?

well, it's quite clear that we are the representative minority. a lot of people playing this game don't ever bother coming on the forums, f2p simply can't even. and besides, it's not evening yet.... well... it is where i'm at. but in USA people are mostly at work at this time of day. or at school lol:D.

Edited by Hichitsuki-hime

well, it's quite clear that we are the representative minority. a lot of people playing this game don't ever bother coming on the forums, f2p simply can't even. and besides, it's not evening yet.... well... it is where i'm at. but in USA people are mostly at work at this time of day. or at school lol:D.

Oh I would bet most of the complainers are school age or at least millennials.

Edited by Furh

Serious question here:

So today there have been about TEN of us going back and forth on the two or three RNG threads. If the RNG is so horrible why is there only 9 people complaining about today on the forums?

Who knows? There are very few players that come to these forums to begin with, so why you should assign any value to these numbers is beyond me.

The number of posters here means nothing. Only you contend that they do.

Others prefer facebook, twitter, reddit, whatever. Some don't speak up at all. Others deal with it the best they can but still don't like it. There simply is no way of telling how many people like or dislike this system.

That's why your comments are so pointless because you treat things that cannot be known as facts.

I'm fine with you liking this system. I hope more people do so the game stays afloat long enough for BWA to make enough changes so I can come back again. There is nothing more going on from my side beyond that.

As someone said, the biggest problem people seem to have with you is your style and insistence that your opinions are somehow facts. There never are really a lot of posters here because it's not a much frequented place. That doesn't prove anything beyond the simple fact that not many players visit the forums here.

Here is what the OP was upset about:

This suggests that the loot tables for GC crates in 5.0 include the possibility of not obtaining any wearable gear at all.

A far cry from "set pieces", or "best gear"

And here we have an example of the Ad Hominem fallacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

At least I feel confident in my original estimation that your debate skills could use some work.

To be fair, the OP has done nothing but complain about how hard it is to get set pieces in every complaint thread she's made and/or posted in. It's not hard for Furh to draw that conclusion.

Serious question here:

Again, a fair question. I think you are presenting this question to make a point, but I will answer it as if it is not.

Some folks are possibly just interested in the conversation or your posting style (like myself). Others may feel they want their voice to be heard.

And this forum represents a small fraction of the folks that actually play the game.

One could present this forum as a "litmus" or "canary" of sorts to the overall mood in the game, but I think Reddit is a better indicator of the game population's mood, as it is drastically higher participation numbers (naturally).

I think only Bioware knows for sure how the playerbase is reacting to the change. If I were to guess (and that is all it is) I would say the vast majority of players likely do not care either way, but the system does little to nothing to convince players to keep playing the game.

So, IMO, it does not hurt....but it doesn't help either. Much like most of the recent changes to the game from my perspective.

To be fair, the OP has done nothing but complain about how hard it is to get set pieces in every complaint thread she's made and/or posted in. It's not hard for Furh to draw that conclusion.

And Furh has done nothing but complain about people "crying" about RNG in the threads he made and posted in. And he wasn't just referring to Quraswen.

So what's your point really?

And Furh has done nothing but complain about people "crying" about RNG in the threads he made and posted in. And he wasn't just referring to Quraswen.

So what's your point really?

Well, lets be honest here, its the same ten or so people posting this crap all over the forums and then flocking to each other's posts. At what point does it just become useless spam?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.