Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So how are you gearing up?

khsolo

3 characters so far, 2 sorcs and sage. First sorc, 0 set bonus gear ranked 24. Sage dropped helm at rank 4. Second sorc dropped chest at rank 4 and offhand at 7.

I have 2 more of each to get to 70 and continue this way. Awful way to do it, but after hitting rank 24 on first sorc and getting 9 earpieces and zero set bonus pieces I knew I'd have to do something different. A new sorta grind.

Putting the gear into legacy armor works fine. Got offhand and saber from Gree for them to share too.

I keep fearing that will be declared an exploit.

If it get's declared an exploit they'll probably lose me as player, been using legacy gear since the old stats existed, sharing sorc with sage, PT with Vanguard, etc., then once Mastery took over sharing both PVE and PVP sets where I could.

I was petrified the 5.0 gear would be similar to the DvL XP armor, i.e. the bonus and armoring being fixed to the armor (but not legacy like that gear), and then once I saw it wasn't, petrified that the gear wouldn't work in legacy outfits.

I got a lot of toons and if they expect me to grind individual gear for all of them, after reading about some players hitting rank 95 and getting one piece of set bonus gear, I'm gone. I love playing my sorc in PVP more then anything, but I'm not exclusive to it, I'm already not looking forward to the grind for my other classes to get on par with my sorcs/sages.

Even gave my main sorc the chance to earn his but after getting to rank 24 and receiving no set bonus pieces I was pretty depressed. Grinding for a chance at something isn't the same as grinding for something.

I have two pieces of set bonus gear that seem to synergize with my old PvP set and and offhand... other than that, very slowly. I'd have a full set already under the old system, even starting from zero comms so I'm a bit frustrated. Also have three characters I like PvPing with and just the idea of running CXP for all of them makes me miserable. I'm rank 24, I think.

I'm not concerned with the gear grind, I'm not even interested in it. i'm taking my time. Got my Sorc and Merc to 70 did some Ranked for CXP but i haven't focused on trying to get any gear. Now I'm leveling my sin and doing crafting across all my characters whenever i feel like logging on. I work 7 days a week 12 hours a day right now..I'm just over this game.....I need to focus on real life goals, this buggy ***, always broken game can't hold my attention anymore.

Pvping when I'm in the mood and just trying to not think about gearing. It seems too early to tell what difference there will be between 230s and the new top tier gear, but right now everyone seems to be at about the same place. Much better than when we had ppl coming in with 1000 expertise, at least.

Same here

Would be nice if you could get like a token each box and then exchange those tokens for gear

I know! I know! I have a bulletproof idea to fix everything.

In 6.0 they could add these tokens (call them, I don't know, "commendations" or something) as rewards for doing things. And I can't help but notice there's a few empty rooms on fleet where they could put vendors to sell things for these commendations.

Just so the PvE crowd is happy they could add a second currency for them too!

This would fix EVERYTHING. You might say it would even make this game stand out as a player-friendly leader versus historical RNG-based MMOs. BRILLIANT! HIRE ME BW!

Edited by stoopicus

I'm keeping my 208 pvp gear on at the moment because it bolsters well enough. I'll keep doing that till we find out what the Bolster cap is.

In the the mean time I'm destroying anything under 230 and only keeping things that look cool.

The only set bonus item I have is a 230 wrist, which seems very low.

ugh. I didn't consider bolster cap and have just been upgrading gear with the blue 230 mods. lol@me if the cap is like 216.

I think it will be higher. But until enough people get the highest gear and are willing to test it, then we'll have to wait and see.

Our usual Bolster vs gear tester, Icykill, may never come back to the game. She is so disgusted by the changes that she has only logged in to send me lots of her stuff. I know she's unsubbed. So I wouldn't expect any testing from her.

I had 2 set pieces and 3 other purple 230s by command 17, now, at command 62 I just got my 3rd set item and I think I got 2 of the same relics during that time (230 purple) which means I could only use one. I really love RNG.

Destroyed everything that's not 230 purple.

Bought a bunch of stuff off the GTN tho, some MK-4 stuff (not as good as purple MK-3, but close) and some mods/enh to switch out some 208s (keeping my set bonus armorings).

Pvpers are in a really good spot. Not only does pvp give a huge amount of cxp compared to other game modes but your 208 gear is adequate mostly. It's alot better than it could have been.

Well not that much, Ranked gives huge cxp true, but PVE players had 224 gear which is much better than the 208, they just took out accuracy stuff for crit/alacrity.

I got several characters with the old 208 SB PVP gear.

But for my main, I managed to get head, chest and trousers with SB before CXP rank 16 so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. - I use these and the 208s and with the left-side it's all crafted stuff. I only put a level 10 augment in stuff once it's upgraded.

It's probably screwing the bolster and not very optimised, but I only play regs and I don't see a huge amount of difference TBH, since most people seem to have old PvP gear, mix and match or comms PVE gear anyways, and there are a lot of newbies that are easy pickings for a DD.

If a good piece drops for a different character I might rip the mods, but I can't really be bothered that much. I had comms enough for about 8-10 full PVP sets, but didn't spend them in time, and since 5.0 seriously isn't alt-friendly, why bother grinding out loads of CXP levels, when they'll up the cap in a year, making everything obsolete.

:rak_02:

Edited by Storm-Cutter

I'm keeping my 208 pvp gear on at the moment because it bolsters well enough. I'll keep doing that till we find out what the Bolster cap is.

In the the mean time I'm destroying anything under 230 and only keeping things that look cool.

The only set bonus item I have is a 230 wrist, which seems very low.

This is pretty much me. I started the expansion this weekend after things had calmed down slightly and then went into pvp with all my old 208/augmented gear. I was doing extremely well, much better than expected. I inspected others and at most they had some 230 stuff on. They had no set bonus and most of them are unwilling to augment these blues. The 208 might carry my shank tank much longer than expected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.