Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Snowflake Revolution

Foambreaker

you should try ESO crafted gear is actually viable there.

One of the many reasons I love ESO.

I still play SWTOR because that is where some of my favorite people to game with are, but with this Galactic Gambling System I believe that I will be leaving SWTOR very soon.

I still play SWTOR because that is where some of my favorite people to game with are, but with this Galactic Gambling System I believe that I will be leaving SWTOR very soon.

At least ESO the devs are listening when it comes to gambling... those new crates are a prime example.

yep, same to all. i love it that I can craft a full set gear for myself. it takes a while to get to a point of champ 160 (though from the way I'm leveling right now, even when all I'm doing is running around Kenarthi's roost, lockpicking chests, not nearly as much swtor is taking), but there is a clear set goal, rng is actualy minimized since I don't even have to rely on drops to learn the traits I want - I can just buy EVERYTHING from guild traders and learn it that way... relatively cheaply too.

its seriously nice.

but honestly.. I wouldn't mind crafting gear in SWTOR like that, I would be happy actualy - I enjoy crafting as a rule. but this rng + ridiculously long grind nonsense is making it even less fun that gearing in ascended gear in GW2.

At least ESO the devs are listening when it comes to gambling... those new crates are a prime example.

to be honest, as questionable as those crates are.. they are still fluff. I admit. I bought a pack of 15. actualy got lucky and got most of the things I wanted out of them - no astronach mounts, but I wasn't too keen on them anyway, so... (I love my wolfies too much). but.. they are still fluff and a chance of getting items no longer sold directly (I missed out on this high color dress they used to sell, but got it from one of the packs, so - happy). most of the stuff though is still sold directly. its not awesome. but fluff I'm a lot more willing to give a pass on than actual gameplay. its why cartel packs don't bother me nearly as much as CG crates bother me

Edited by Jeweledleah

Raiders in crafted gear...

:D:p:):rolleyes::o

What is this world coming too :)

You didn't play much in 1.0 did you? Or at least, you didn't do NiM Ops.

Some of the best gear was crafted because augment kits weren't added until later.

You couldn't augment non-crafted gear.

yep, same to all. i love it that I can craft a full set gear for myself. it takes a while to get to a point of champ 160 (though from the way I'm leveling right now, even when all I'm doing is running around Kenarthi's roost, lockpicking chests, not nearly as much swtor is taking), but there is a clear set goal, rng is actualy minimized since I don't even have to rely on drops to learn the traits I want - I can just buy EVERYTHING from guild traders and learn it that way... relatively cheaply too.

its seriously nice.

but honestly.. I wouldn't mind crafting gear in SWTOR like that, I would be happy actualy - I enjoy crafting as a rule. but this rng + ridiculously long grind nonsense is making it even less fun that gearing in ascended gear in GW2.

to be honest, as questionable as those crates are.. they are still fluff. I admit. I bought a pack of 15. actualy got lucky and got most of the things I wanted out of them - no astronach mounts, but I wasn't too keen on them anyway, so... (I love my wolfies too much). but.. they are still fluff and a chance of getting items no longer sold directly (I missed out on this high color dress they used to sell, but got it from one of the packs, so - happy). most of the stuff though is still sold directly. its not awesome. but fluff I'm a lot more willing to give a pass on than actual gameplay. its why cartel packs don't bother me nearly as much as CG crates bother me

I lucked out with the New Champion point system. I was already high enough in the Veteran ranks when the Champ System went in I didn't have any extra leveling to do. I'm sitting at Champ 398 now. The buffs are pretty incredible at that level. I have a 20% buff to Max Magica, Magica regen and reduction is spell cost. I still run low on some of the really hard stuff, but it ain't like it used to be and nothing like what happens if a sage runs out of force in a vet mode Op in SWTOR...

As a matter of fact healing in ESO is 100% more fun than in SWTOR...

I used the money I would have used for my sub here and bought ESO at DL Gamer for $13.99. Gonna see what that's all about.

If you are on the North American Server I hope to see ya around!

ESO is a lot different from SWTOR, but once you get the hang of things it is SO much Fun!

Oh I can't agree more.

The Crown Crates have some really cool stuff in them and none of it is related to gearing, Crafting (with mimic stones, yes. Gear, no) I was really lucky and got the 2 hats I wanted from the first 2 crates I opened. Admittedly I spent $50 in crowns expecting to have to buy a bunch of crates, but since I lucked out early I decided to save my crowns for the nest crate. Or housing... :)

If you are on the North American Server I hope to see ya around!

ESO is a lot different from SWTOR, but once you get the hang of things it is SO much Fun!

One Tamriel is how Bioware should have done Level Sync - so that gathering nodes scale to skill level as well, so that no matter what you are doing in a specific zone it is always of use to you.

ESO still has problems, but it is in a lot better shape now that it was IMO.

All The Best

I lucked out with the New Champion point system. I was already high enough in the Veteran ranks when the Champ System went in I didn't have any extra leveling to do. I'm sitting at Champ 398 now. The buffs are pretty incredible at that level. I have a 20% buff to Max Magica, Magica regen and reduction is spell cost. I still run low on some of the really hard stuff, but it ain't like it used to be and nothing like what happens if a sage runs out of force in a vet mode Op in SWTOR...

As a matter of fact healing in ESO is 100% more fun than in SWTOR...

I pre-ordered it, but I don't know what it was between Beta and live, but... I ran out of steam very quickly back at release so I didn't pick it back up well after f2p went live. by that point it was practicaly a different game. of course, it also meant that I'm starting well behind everyone else, but I feel like I have a chance to actualy catch up, at least to the point of max gear. I do love it that champ system is accountwide and that even my lowbie alts are benefiting from it and one tamriel is amazing, I love how it literally opens up the entire world to me, regardless of what levelmy character is (and at first I was actualy worried about scaling crafting nodes, but I've come to love it). haven't tried healing since launch and back then - I actualy didn't like it? I enjoy healing in swtor, usually, in part because of full control over triage that I have. but... I put one healing staff ability onto my dagger bar (I'm playing dual wield/bow nightblade right now :) ) so its leveling up slowly. just need to get around to collecting more skyshards (I'm that crazy nerd who decided to have all 6 crafting professions on a single character :p which is very much possible to do, but also means I pretty much need ALL the skyshards), just keep getting distracted by other stuff :p especially stealing. totally saving my crows for housing. not as broke as I used to be, but not exactly rich either, so... just in case :)

but aaaaanyways.

I don't think SWTOR should completely emulate ESO. its a different kind of game with a different tone (although ESO gives SWTOR run for its money with the storylines and then some, IMO). as cool as I am with having to use specific crafting stations, one of the things i do appreciate about swtor and had since release is that I don't need to be next to crafting station to craft, that I can send companions off and then keep playing. but there are so many ways that current system could have been made better - up to and including tokens instead of specific gear items (and if they were going to copy way, they could have copied the whole "click on token - chose which item to turn it into without going to vendor" system), chests that say every 5 for the first 30 levels, then every 10 - guaranteed a set token, legacy wide leveling of the GC, etc. what they have chosen to do is the absolute worst possible thing they could have done, short of selling gear on cartel market outright

I'm actually looking into ESO to see if I want to give it a try.

I pre-ordered it, but I don't know what it was between Beta and live, but... I ran out of steam very quickly back at release so I didn't pick it back up well after f2p went live. by that point it was practicaly a different game. of course, it also meant that I'm starting well behind everyone else, but I feel like I have a chance to actualy catch up, at least to the point of max gear. I do love it that champ system is accountwide and that even my lowbie alts are benefiting from it and one tamriel is amazing, I love how it literally opens up the entire world to me, regardless of what levelmy character is (and at first I was actualy worried about scaling crafting nodes, but I've come to love it). haven't tried healing since launch and back then - I actualy didn't like it? I enjoy healing in swtor, usually, in part because of full control over triage that I have. but... I put one healing staff ability onto my dagger bar (I'm playing dual wield/bow nightblade right now :) ) so its leveling up slowly. just need to get around to collecting more skyshards (I'm that crazy nerd who decided to have all 6 crafting professions on a single character :p which is very much possible to do, but also means I pretty much need ALL the skyshards), just keep getting distracted by other stuff :p especially stealing. totally saving my crows for housing. not as broke as I used to be, but not exactly rich either, so... just in case :)

but aaaaanyways.

I don't think SWTOR should completely emulate ESO. its a different kind of game with a different tone (although ESO gives SWTOR run for its money with the storylines and then some, IMO). as cool as I am with having to use specific crafting stations, one of the things i do appreciate about swtor and had since release is that I don't need to be next to crafting station to craft, that I can send companions off and then keep playing. but there are so many ways that current system could have been made better - up to and including tokens instead of specific gear items (and if they were going to copy way, they could have copied the whole "click on token - chose which item to turn it into without going to vendor" system), chests that say every 5 for the first 30 levels, then every 10 - guaranteed a set token, legacy wide leveling of the GC, etc. what they have chosen to do is the absolute worst possible thing they could have done, short of selling gear on cartel market outright

I was in the same boat, I played Beta, was with it when it went live and I just wanted to play SWTOR more. Then about a year ago I went back and I haven't been disappointed. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I enjoy SWTOR.

It does have it's own issues and it isn't perfect.

No SWTOR shouldn't emulate ESO they are 2 different beasts, however taking something that works adjusting it to work in SWTOR would be really cool. The Champion System and ESO's style of gearing would never work in SWTOR, but an adapted version could work and would be better than what we have right now...

I was in the same boat, I played Beta, was with it when it went live and I just wanted to play SWTOR more. Then about a year ago I went back and I haven't been disappointed. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I enjoy SWTOR.

It does have it's own issues and it isn't perfect.

No SWTOR shouldn't emulate ESO they are 2 different beasts, however taking something that works adjusting it to work in SWTOR would be really cool. The Champion System and ESO's style of gearing would never work in SWTOR, but an adapted version could work and would be better than what we have right now...

oh definitely.

one of the things I appreciated about it (and partly its what inspired me to subscribe) is that ESO doesn't treat its non subscribers like leppers. yes you would need to buy every expansion pack separately and crafting mats clog up the inventory like there's no tomorrow, but otherwise even with slightly slower leveling and gold acquisition - there are no restrictions. and subscription comes with the same amount of crowns as just buying them directly for $15. I do feel that its more than worth it to subscribe and that bonuses are fantastic (especially crafting bag) but while I was playing without subscription, I felt slightly inconvenienced and gently encouraged, but NOT penalized. swtor free/preferred restrictions are just... ridiculous. I know, I know - ESO is buy to play, but honestly.. I wish that's what SWTOR had gone with. B2P, buy expansion packs separately, etc. /shrug I'm enjoying myself in ESO right now, and while I missed out on getting a boost from vet levels - given how quickly I'm gaining champ levels right now, it actualy feels like I'll be able to at least be on par. (I did start to play again, just before they switched over to new champion system, but was too distracted with Thieves guild to make any actual leveling progress :) ) GC system I don't even want to keep going anymore.

You didn't play much in 1.0 did you? Or at least, you didn't do NiM Ops.

Some of the best gear was crafted because augment kits weren't added until later.

You couldn't augment non-crafted gear.

I did play 1.0 and I think it is great that crafted gear has a place now that everyone can't gear up in 3 days.

yep, same to all. i love it that I can craft a full set gear for myself. it takes a while to get to a point of champ 160...

Last time i played it(that was before the champion system) there was a dungeon in Craglorn i think where the boss was a werewolf and he continuously spawned a couple of adds. People were farming the adds for hours.

Last time i played it(that was before the champion system) there was a dungeon in Craglorn i think where the boss was a werewolf and he continuously spawned a couple of adds. People were farming the adds for hours.

Folks still do this. Heck most of the Dolmens, world bosses and dungeon bosses drop real sexy gear depending on region. People spam them to get the set bonuses. Of course they added in a fail safe where you can't get those drops back to back, got at least to have a four minute wait or something.

Regardless, if this wasn't how Zenimax wanted the game to be played they don't care and they let people do it anyway because to them, the customer comes first. and they try their best to have their image of the game also be intertwined with how the 'player' wants to play.

Heck, go onto the ESO forums and see what the players their complain about. You will see how bloody minor it is and how easy they have it.

Folks still do this. Heck most of the Dolmens, world bosses and dungeon bosses drop real sexy gear depending on region. People spam them to get the set bonuses. Of course they added in a fail safe where you can't get those drops back to back, got at least to have a four minute wait or something.

Regardless, if this wasn't how Zenimax wanted the game to be played they don't care and they let people do it anyway because to them, the customer comes first. and they try their best to have their image of the game also be intertwined with how the 'player' wants to play.

Heck, go onto the ESO forums and see what the players their complain about. You will see how bloody minor it is and how easy they have it.

Yes, i loved the game, but i detested the championship system and the experience booster they added so i left. The other thing i hated was how the pvp turned into a huge zergball vs zergball.

Yes, i loved the game, but i detested the championship system and the experience booster they added so i left. The other thing i hated was how the pvp turned into a huge zergball vs zergball.

You should come back. Eh, I remember I stopped playing when the champion system dropped but when I returned I was generally surprised with how enjoyable it was. Alt friendly, benefits all of your characters? Sign me the frick up. Dunno about the experience boosters you're talking about, you mean just general in game experience boosts? Haven't seen any others about.

Pvp has always been about that Zerg. I'll admit being part of it, my pvp guild focused on AD and whenever I needed a a character that needed PvP abilities I had to make sure they were in AD due to DC - the best one in terms of story - and EP always fighting against them. But hey... at least getting bloody pvp gear wasn't stupid! You got yourself in a scrap? Good for you, here have a in game mail with lovely gear. Or just go have some fun in imperial city with low pop and get that sexy gear. But yeah, Zerg isn't going to go away - but there's some control in place for it now, mainly people who aren't stupid and know when to stop zerging to have the others actually play.

All in all, good game. :cool:I need to play it more as I've been lazy and only gotten to 250 but it's easy to level with the alt jumping. I need to get more involved, need to find me a heavily orientated pve guild who's willing to deal with my butt in terms of content.

Point being... They made a game enjoyable and viable end game for alts. Bioware should learn a thing or two.

You should come back. Eh, I remember I stopped playing when the champion system dropped but when I returned I was generally surprised with how enjoyable it was. Alt friendly, benefits all of your characters? Sign me the frick up. Dunno about the experience boosters you're talking about, you mean just general in game experience boosts? Haven't seen any others about.

I haven't checked so they might have actually changed it, but in the initial design the championship grind was almost as bad as the cxp one. Also i think there were several thousands of championship points which required about a year to cap. The exp boost was the same as the cxp boost they added in swtor. For me that's pw2 so i left.

I haven't checked so they might have actually changed it, but in the initial design the championship grind was almost as bad as the cxp one. Also i think there were several thousands of championship points which required about a year to cap. The exp boost was the same as the cxp boost they added in swtor. For me that's pw2 so i left.

Sounds like they listened to the outcry and changed it~

One Tamriel is how Bioware should have done Level Sync - so that gathering nodes scale to skill level as well, so that no matter what you are doing in a specific zone it is always of use to you.

ESO still has problems, but it is in a lot better shape now that it was IMO.

All The Best

This just goes to show that no game is one-size-fits-all. Frankly, I preferred being scaled down in SWTOR to having everyone (and every zone) scaled up in ESO. I disliked that my top tier crafters could only gather top tier mats.

That said, I did enjoy ESO for 6-8 months. Some of the NPC dialogue is quite funny and worth hearing again on alts.

Yes, checking their General Discussion forum (and Alliance War forum for PVPers) to get a feel for the state of the game is not a bad idea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.