The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Your choice of past Star Wars game to get the Remaster treatment.

Fyurii

The extensive back catalogue of old Star Wars games, games 10 years old and more, is littered with so many good, classic titles that didn't get much attention after the prequels (and a few born of the prequels too), and the rise of the console dominated cash cows.

So many classics that some fans never played, either because of platform or age, and some that had their potential wasted or stifled before they could properly get off the ground.

So, I'd like to see people's ideas for past Star Wars games that they'd like to see given the now popular "Remaster Treatment".

Edited by Fyurii

KOTOR, Republic Commando.

A sequel to Empire at War would be better than a remaster. Old one was kinda clunky.

That being said, if the plot points surrounding Thrawn in Rebels is any indication, we could be getting hints of an "X-Wing" and "TIE Fighter" (new canon) remake.

~ Eudoxia

Anyone still remembers Star Wars Rebellion/Supremacy, that old strategy game?

For me it's still the best strategy in SW setting by far, Empire at War borrowed many elements from it but was much more simple and limited, mostly because of the multiplayer focus. In no other official SW game you could encounter a fleet of 11 superdestroyers and command hundreds of fighters in single encounter. It deserves a modern iteration that has the epicness/empire building feel that EaW lacked. :)

Anyone still remembers Star Wars Rebellion/Supremacy, that old strategy game?

For me it's still the best strategy in SW setting by far, Empire at War borrowed many elements from it but was much more simple and limited, mostly because of the multiplayer focus. In no other official SW game you could encounter a fleet of 11 superdestroyers and command hundreds of fighters in single encounter. It deserves a modern iteration that has the epicness/empire building feel that EaW lacked. :)

I enjoyed the hell out of the game - although I don't think it was particularly good by any critical measure. Definitely sunk hours and hours and hours into it over the years.

Empire at War

mods for Sins of a Solar Empire just aren't the same...

Have you tried Thrawn's Revenge II: Ascendancy yet? It's not fully out, but it's quite good.

There's also Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War, which is an older mod by the same team, but for EaW (It was the original, then they switched over to working on Sins)

Have you tried Thrawn's Revenge II: Ascendancy yet? It's not fully out, but it's quite good.

There's also Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War, which is an older mod by the same team, but for EaW (It was the original, then they switched over to working on Sins)

Nope, I've done Requiem and SoGE

I would highly recommend Thrawn's Revenge (Either mod, though Ascendancy still is going through balances... they are trying to eliminate the end game spam-lots-of-capitals, and keep the battles small and spread out.)

I'll have to look into that. I've been meaning to try out the rebuilt SoGE anyway, though the Galactic Conquest forum game here has been sucking up an impressive amount of my free time.