Dear Devs: the KOTET story is great. Thank you.

jstankaroslo

The story is so great, it makes the Jedi vs Sith saga look like a children's bedtime story.

See I completely disagree...this story was basically about a bunch of force user children coming of age and somehow they find a way to splice you into their lives........Inevitably this story would have played out the same without you.....all we did was complicate things and add dps to the end fight.

I also enjoyed the story. But the quest mechanics I did not. The relays in chapter 6 on a 3 min timer was not fun. Nor was the running around all over the place at the party in chapter 8 (I think 8). I felt like i was in The Winter Palace playing DAI. Only worse.

Also way too many bugs... not in the story but in the quest mechanics. It's clear these chapters needs seasoning.

But the story was fun. But I do have a few lore questions.. like what happened to the Scions? Weren't they suppose to come back and help? I didn't see any. Also the timing.. according to Scorpio, Iokath was built 1000 millennium ago. That would make it 1 million years ago. So before the Infinite Empire, before the Gree, and the Kwa - so how? I know the "planet" , which is really a Dyson Sphere, gets it power from the star it emcompasses. And, of course a million years is noting to a star. But still, you telling me a power as great as Iokath escaped the notice of the Infinite Empire?

Edited by cagthehack

as the title says

@jstankaroslo this thread is really a red herring. The "haters" do not hate KOTET, they hate 5.0's game mechanisc changes - the toon based CXP grind instead of legacy based, the removal of unassembled Operations armor tokens dropping from Operations bosses, the removal of PVP gear, and the implementation of RNG gearing after removing a very solid gearing system from 4.0. You may not be a raider or PVPer but these changes are very bad for Raiding Guilds and operations progression groups and we would be remiss to not object to these negative changes and request them to be corrected.

I may be a 5.0 hater hater but I've always loved Biowares stories from KOTOR, Dragon Age, Mass Effect and SWTOR. I was very happy that they've returned to the excellent story telling in KOTFE and KOTET.

Story was much better than KotFE and the variety of gameplay between the chapters was a nice change. In my personal opinon, still not up to the level of the original class stories, but until we return to a more Star Wars like storyline I probably won't be very happy with the direction of the story. It also still felt broken when playing a non-force using class.

Enjoyed it for the most part but did not care for chapter 8 at all. Yet again BW made the choice of which characters we could lose and only gave us two options. Kill one or the other. No save both or kill both. Yes we got the choice of who we lose but is that really a choice as we had zero say on which companions we could take?

Other than that I did enjoy the story.

Like to see where the story is going to go next.

they got moaned at at their choices didn't bare a consequence.. now they are being moaned at because it did..

they got moaned at at their choices didn't bare a consequence.. now they are being moaned at because it did..

'The choice' makes no sense here. (Or at least It didn't to me.) If I've got three people in my team and two paths, I would have sent 'X' companion to go help 'Y' victim. While me and the other companion go and save the other person.

Edited by Paulsutherland

'The choice' makes no sense here. (Or at least It didn't to me.) If I've got three people in my team and two paths, I would have sent 'X' companion to go help 'Y' victim. While me and the other companion go and save the other person.

Especially considering we have an entire alliance, most of whom were on the same planet as us.

It makes no sense that the choice was so stark and simple.

All The Best

@jstankaroslo this thread is really a red herring. The "haters" do not hate KOTET, they hate 5.0's game mechanisc changes - the toon based CXP grind instead of legacy based, the removal of unassembled Operations armor tokens dropping from Operations bosses, the removal of PVP gear, and the implementation of RNG gearing after removing a very solid gearing system from 4.0. You may not be a raider or PVPer but these changes are very bad for Raiding Guilds and operations progression groups and we would be remiss to not object to these negative changes and request them to be corrected.

I may be a 5.0 hater hater but I've always loved Biowares stories from KOTOR, Dragon Age, Mass Effect and SWTOR. I was very happy that they've returned to the excellent story telling in KOTFE and KOTET.

@RagnarAugustus I think you concentrate too much on galactic command and RNG and associate everything with it. My title says it all: I praise the story. Thats it. I don't discuss RNG or gearing etc, I don't confront the 'haters'.

What I'd like to do here is express my admiration for this story -they finally equaled or even surpassed what we had in vanilla game. Revan expansion, or Hutt don't come even close. Mind you: not 3.0 or 4.0 to 5.0 but ROTHC and SOR to KOTET :)

IF they ever decide to do next story expansion, I'd like them to know what we like.

I also simply think that good work deserve credit. So Charles Boyd's team did a great job IMO

Edited by jstankaroslo

'Signed' as it were. Brilliant story, really well-made. Appreciated all the substantive choices, the great scenes, the new romance references in dialogue - great job.

I may not be a fan of GC in its current format but I'm not unsubbing in some fit of incoherent rage. Thanks again for the great story!

For me, nothing will ever beat the storyline on Rishi. No matter which class I played, I loved it the most.

Although I did overall enjoy KOTFE and KOTET, I'm glad the story has come to an end. I appreciate the closure and the way it gives the story meaning. If the Emperor returns in any form, I will be completely disgusted.

There was a bit too much family drama for me. The storyline with Senya and her children was my least favorite. The rapid escalation of power levels in the enemy seem to paint the story into a corner. I also strongly disliked having the Emperor in my characters' head.

I loved Koth, Theran, and Torian most of all. Gault was a great infusion of humor. I'm also a fan of Vette. I would have liked to see more Pierce. The best part of the story for me was rebuilding the Gravestone and launching it. I love the design of Zakuul as a city. I know it's silly but little details like the roast gorak vendor made locations come alive for me.

I'm a little worried that the GEMINI storyline is on its way to becoming another Death Star clone. I sincerely hope not. That's been done a few times too many over the years.

I sincerely hope we go back to shorter, stand-alone stories like Tatooine, Rishi, Voss, and Corellia.

Though I do think for non-force player this story makes no sense. I mean, why would the emperor want the body of a bounty hunter who isn't force sensitive? Or why would my bounty hunter want the throne in the first place? Same goes for agent, smuggler, and tropper.

The story is about the force. And a family of force users.

I will not be taking any of my non-force alts through the story (actually, I doubt I'll take any alts through it considering the GC situation).

And about Vette -vs- Torian - that also bothered me. I have a whole team of allies on the planet. Not one of them was close enough to help out? It's almost like, since we all complained of no drama they threw this in there at the last minute. It's so forced that i saw it coming.

Edited by cagthehack

Though I do think for non-force player this story makes no sense. I mean, why would the emperor want the body of a bounty hunter who isn't force sensitive? Or why would my bounty hunter want the throne in the first place? Same goes for agent, smuggler, and tropper.

The story is about the force. And a family of force users.

I will not be taking any of my non-force alts through the story (actually, I doubt I'll take any alts through it considering the GC situation).

And about Vette -vs- Torian - that also bothered me. I have a whole team of allies on the planet. Not one of them was close enough to help out? It's almost like, since we all complained of no drama they threw this in there at the last minute. It's so forced that i saw it coming.

I'm in my first go through with my Bounty Hunter.

And I'm not finished yet, so AVOID SPOILERS!!!

there is a special spoiler tag here too if you can't help but talk about the plot

While KotET had its moments, overall it was a 'meh'. And I liked many of the KotFE chapters folks took exception to. The Vette or Torian choice was especially inept for many of the reasons people have mentioned. It's so artificial that I have little interest in running any other alt through the story.

They almost pulled off the Arcann redemption for me. What he did was more or less unforgivable. Far too many folks suffered at his hands for them to accept that I would accept his help. I did forgive him because that's the story BINO wants to tell.

There needed to be a far more mitigating factor than "Have you rehabilitated yourself?" Like maybe has and leveraged a large numbers of supportters to defend against Vaylin and make some attempt at reparations. Maybe they wanted to do that but that had to be dropped on the floor when the story got streamlined.

The worst sin of KotET is that it makes our character a galactic superpower. That's the sort of end-of-the-line campaign a DM writes when you're about to retire your characters. Worse it's completely invalidated the Jedi vs. Sith struggle. Note: I think that hard factions in MMO's are one of those dinosaur ideas that need to die ASAP.

So much of KotXX would have worked much better if our characters were there to help out instead of being the ones responsible for calling the shots (which we never did).

--

And if they try to make a walker mini-game I will roll up a newspaper, throw it in may car, drive to Austin, and smack each and every one of their designers on the nose and yell "Bad Dog!" while shoving their face in GSF.

I really enjoyed it as well. Am even replaying some chapters now that I found really fun. It is just too bad that the great storytelling is overshadowed by the general dislike of the GC. I am having fun because I don't care about BiS gear. For what I do, the crafted 228 gear was more than enough. It's the story that draws me to this game. Now, here is hoping that future storylines will have more of Arcann!