When all threads are negative, it's bad.

TrixxieTriss

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that a very small portion of the total population posts on the forums. It's about the same 100 or so people with the same issues who seem to never un-sub.

The poster above is an example of why there are so many negative threads. Instead of looking at the game and realizing there are significant problems, they assume any negativity is due to some ill-define coterie of 'trolls' who are willing to pay money to post bad things about a game.

No explanation for why the sub numbers are gone.

No explanation for why you can EASILY pick dozens of 'unsub' threads and find that, lo and behold, these players haven't posted since they made that announcement, or shortly thereafter.

No explanation as to how it can be the 'same people' when some of the people didn't even start playing until recently.

We saw this behavior in SWG after NGE, where white knights were screaming their fool heads off saying it was going to be great. COH white knights said the game was going to crush DCU and CO. Warhammer white knights actually said negative posts were paid for by other games.

All three of those MMO's are dead.

The poster above is an example of why there are so many negative threads.

Yes the thing with the forums is as that guy stated, you dont really have 10k people coming here. BUT having said that, we are gonna have a stream tomorrow, unplanned by Ben, which is quite an issue. It might be cause of the exploit but it might be because of the dissatisfaction with the system in game.

Devs do look at statistics, in fact thats their only and main concern, the game itself runs without much of a need to maintain it. They have statistics from forums, even you can see those. They dont have a problem to select "unique" posts per day or so to see how many accessed the forums. They must have seen a big number of unique posts and maybe even went over the unsub messages by people who unsubbed since they are making this stream.

Yes the thing with the forums is as that guy stated, you dont really have 10k people coming here. BUT having said that, we are gonna have a stream tomorrow, unplanned by Ben, which is quite an issue. It might be cause of the exploit but it might be because of the dissatisfaction with the system in game.

Devs do look at statistics, in fact thats their only and main concern, the game itself runs without much of a need to maintain it. They have statistics from forums, even you can see those. They dont have a problem to select "unique" posts per day or so to see how many accessed the forums. They must have seen a big number of unique posts and maybe even went over the unsub messages by people who unsubbed since they are making this stream.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of damage control they'll try to use. I don't have high hopes of heavily reducing the grind or removing the RNG honestly.

The 5.0 changes seem to negatively impact hard core raiders, and to a lesser extent, pvp'ers. Which, I believe, is a relatively small, but vocal, part of the player base. While they're good at making a lot of noise, ultimately BW/EA has the game metrics that show them which parts of the game are most popular, and which aren't.

Which likely explains why we got what we did in 5.0, and would also explain why there haven't been any new ops or warzones in years. Command crates lets everyone, not just raiders, have access to the best gear.

Which likely explains why we got what we did in 5.0, and would also explain why there haven't been any new ops or warzones in years. Command crates lets everyone, not just raiders, have access to the best gear.

I don't mind opening rng crates. In fact i open probably 30+ daily while playing SW: GoH. Don't want to do it in SWTOR though.

The poster above is an example of why there are so many negative threads. Instead of looking at the game and realizing there are significant problems, they assume any negativity is due to some ill-define coterie of 'trolls' who are willing to pay money to post bad things about a game.

No explanation for why the sub numbers are gone.

No explanation for why you can EASILY pick dozens of 'unsub' threads and find that, lo and behold, these players haven't posted since they made that announcement, or shortly thereafter.

No explanation as to how it can be the 'same people' when some of the people didn't even start playing until recently.

We saw this behavior in SWG after NGE, where white knights were screaming their fool heads off saying it was going to be great. COH white knights said the game was going to crush DCU and CO. Warhammer white knights actually said negative posts were paid for by other games.

All three of those MMO's are dead.

SPOT ON!!! They pretend to see the same people because they ignore the issue. I'm certain I'm in that group of normal "100" people that guy is talking about, but I don't start many threads at all...maybe 2 threads total in 5 years. These concerns are coming from new people, not the normal ones.

I love it when they fall back to just slinging personal attacks...really drives home who they are.

Yes, rephrasing something someone posted in one of the threads: "I love that kind of threads, after browsing through the first few pages i can ignore all the white knights in no time"

Edited by Tsetso

Yes, rephrasing something someone posted in one of the threads: "I love that kind of threads, after browsing through the first few pages i can ignore all the white knights in no time"

Yup lol, you can usually tell within the first 2 pages (if that), who you can skip. Makes 18+ page threads go much quicker.

Well, I have been playing on and off and to be honest for me the new system leaves me a bit indifferent, if so in a better position. I get crates for doing various stuff instead of just raiding or PvP'ing, and I still have 6 stories to finish so... But of course I understand people who don't like this, my guess is that we will see the reaction if any during the livestream.

Just to know, I was too young when SWG was around so I didn't know what happened with it, why did NGE kill SWG? (if someone bothers to explain me)

Same could be said of the other side though too. Anytime I see the term white knight I skip to the next post. It's just as pointless as a personal attack. I try to stay neutral or reason with one side or the other or even play devil's advocate but sometimes it's too much.

That was me! And it works great! Threads become all reason and substance when the white knight posts are reduced to a single white line of text. Plus, you get to see that it's actually (mostly) the same few white knights who are popping up in every single thread to defend this latest abortion of game development.

That was me! And it works great! Threads become all reason and substance when the white knight posts are reduced to a single white line of text. Plus, you get to see that it's actually (mostly) the same few white knights who are popping up in every single thread to defend this latest abortion of game development.

Totally agree. Would upvote the original post if it was possible