Are CXP boosters a slap in the face?

FluxFader

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they be any worse than XP or Valor boosts?

From another thread:

XP boosts get you to max level faster, at which time every player has the same access to end game gear. There was no way to buy high end gear faster.

CXP boosts grant those players who buy them more chances to acquire high level gear, than players doing the same content at the same speed at the same max level. Given the nature of RNG in this game, the advantage is a huge variable, but it is a purchased advantage nonetheless... thus, falls under the definition of Pay to Win.

Why would they be any worse than XP or Valor boosts?

Getting a toon to max level in SWTOR has been extremely easy for a long time, and valor never really affected anything other than cosmetics. Now there are CXP boosters for sale, which literally gets you end game gear faster than those who don't use them.

I warned about this back when the reputation system got hijacked by the cartel market. It's a slippery slope, and EA and Bioware Austin have now slid to the bottom.

From another thread:

XP boosts get you to max level faster, at which time every player has the same access to end game gear. There was no way to buy high end gear faster.

CXP boosts grant those players who buy them more chances to acquire high level gear, than players doing the same content at the same speed at the same max level. Given the nature of RNG in this game, the advantage is a huge variable, but it is a purchased advantage nonetheless... thus, falls under the definition of Pay to Win.

All the boosts get you something faster. There are unending levels of CXP to go through to gear up. Anything that makes it go faster is a good thing.

This is NOT pay to win. IMO. You're still not buying the actual gear and you still have to RNG and grind to get what you need.

Yes. The subscription no longer is supreme. Probably why they changed it to play premium up there

and regular xp boosts are easily acquirable from questing through the levels so there is no comparison. these are straight up pay to accelerate/pay to win on top of something that is only accessible from a sub

All the boosts get you something faster. There are unending levels of CXP to go through to gear up. Anything that makes it go faster is a good thing.

This is NOT pay to win. IMO. You're still not buying the actual gear and you still have to RNG and grind to get what you need.

It's barely P2W but it's still on the wrong side of the line. Not as egregious as selling top gear in the CM, but still gives an advantage in exchange for real moolah.

You're not buying the gear with CXP boosts, you're buying the currency it takes to buy the gear.

There is no difference. It's pay to win.

You're not even buying the currency. These boosts could really help people who don't do the most rewarding activities.

Not that I care one way or the other. All I'll do at end-game is some WZs, so I'll never see a full set of the best gear anyway. But I, personally, have no problem with them being available.

Notice though it says it does not work with any other boosts... While I would think it would work with the bonus, given the fact that the bonus does not work, I almost wonder.... I'm not gonna be the one to try it though... But considering it does not work on disintegration, A 1 hour boost is good for like a couple PvP matches or a couple FPs at best... Not worth it really... The 3 hour 5 pack, maybe, but... meh...

You're not even buying the currency. These boosts could really help people who don't do the most rewarding activities.

But isn't that the point of the system, to reward those who do the most rewarding activities?

Not that I care one way or the other. All I'll do at end-game is some WZs, so I'll never see a full set of the best gear anyway. But I, personally, have no problem with them being available.

I mean, for other group activities, it's more like Pay to Succeed, but for PvPers it's literally Pay to Win. They'll pay to get better gear faster than you, thus giving them an advantage. I'm surprised you're not bothered by that.

Edited by eriksarcasm

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your subscribers, up there on the sanctuary moon, are walking into a trap, as is your Preferred/F2P fleet. It was *I* who allowed the Elitists to know the location of the CXP Boost Generator. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best PvP'rs awaits them. Oh, I'm afraid the 5.0 changes will be quite buggy and over powered when your friends arrive.

Give yourself to the CXP Boost Side. It is the only way you can save your EA income. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for... subscribers. So, you have veteran subscribers.*

Your feelings have now betrayed them, too. Bioware was wise to hide them from me. Now BW's failure is complete. If you will not turn to the CXP Boost Side... then perhaps they will...

Edited by Liquor

In a way yes. As subscribers we get cartel coins each month. Which can be used to purchase these command experience boosts.

So why the thread and complaints?

It's laughable because it's just something for the drama queens to complain about.

:rolleyes:

I don't see anyone complaining about valor boosts or xp boosts

Edited by Liquor

In a way yes. As subscribers we get cartel coins each month. Which can be used to purchase these command experience boosts.

It's laughable because it's just something for the drama queens to complain about.

If it's not bound on pickup just like the passes or unlocks, it sure can be sold on GTN right? So you can buy em with your credits. There, no $$$ needed. Just wait for people who are willing to trade their $$$ with your credits, am I right? :)

Valor was pointless other than for cosmetics.

Exp is the easiest thing in SWTOR. You can't avoid it unless you stay very still.

Command points are the ENTIRE ENDGAME GEARINGS MECHANICS.

I do hope that clears things up for you.

I expect players to use credits to purchase the cargo hold of CXP Boosts I have on cool down...;)

Valor was pointless other than for cosmetics.

Exp is the easiest thing in SWTOR. You can't avoid it unless you stay very still.

Command points are the ENTIRE ENDGAME GEARINGS MECHANICS.

I do hope that clears things up for you.

You seem like you have a brain. But let's go through this slowly.

But it's not fair that my buddy levels up faster and gains better gear than me! These xp boosts aren't fair. These guild xp and reputation boosts aren't fair. These security keys on accounts aren't fair, they get 100 more cartel coins per month! These war zone comm boosts aren't fair, they get more war zone comms per match. Subscribers have more credits, more cargo hold tabs, can wear artifact gear, ... :rak_01:

Do you see the trend?

You all sound like a bunch of children.

You're subscribers and get cartel coins each month. Your argument is invalid.

Go act entitled elsewhere

Edited by Liquor

I expect players to use credits to purchase the cargo hold of CXP Boosts I have on cool down...;)

You seem like you have a brain. But let's go through this slowly.

But it's not fair that my buddy levels up faster and gains better gear than me! These xp boosts aren't fair. These guild xp and reputation boosts aren't fair. These security keys on accounts aren't fair, they get 100 more cartel coins per month! These war zone comm boosts aren't fair, they get more war zone comms per match. Subscribers have more credits, more cargo hold tabs, can wear artifact gear, ... :rak_01:

Do you see the trend?

You all sound like a bunch of children.

You're subscribers and get cartel coins each month. Your argument is invalid.

Go act entitled elsewhere

Lets all play chess. Except we'll just take away from you a pawn, a rook, and a knight and a queen at the start of the game because the guy sitting across from you bought a booster and you didn't. Now lets talk about the integrity of the game. No? Don't want to play chess anymore?

When the integrity (fairness) of a game is compromised, it drives people away, which kills the game.

But isn't that the point of the system, to reward those who do the most rewarding activities?

I mean, for other group activities, it's more like Pay to Succeed, but for PvPers it's literally Pay to Win. They'll pay to get better gear faster than you, thus giving them an advantage. I'm surprised you're not bothered by that.

Not bothered because I've done the math and it will take me approximately 600 years to gain a complete set of decent gear.

I've already stated that I'll queue ranked and drag my team's down until they fix the system.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

Not bothered because I've done the math and it will take me approximately 600 years to gain a complete set of decent gear.

I've already stated that I'll queue ranked and drag my team's down until they fix the system.

So essentially if you did that math, then you must play less then ten minutes a day

:mon_trap:

Except they didn't take anything away from you.

You have the same means to obtain these boosts.

All the boosts do is gain 25% more experience points. Just the same as any other boost, DvL xp gear, guild boosts.

Everyone has access to them.

If CXP Boosts are pay to win the. Every xp boost is pay to win.

What about the guys that hit rank 100 and maxed out the weekly CXP cap in 3 days killing golds over and over for hours. That's not fair for a player like you and I. We wouldn't take the extreme dedication and time into doing that. But the CXP Boost would assist us in keeping up.

Or go do master ops or ranked war zones

Oh snap, I used to run multiple operative healers, jugg tanks, pt tanks, and a sniper through ops and WZs for the weekly comms and gear drops. I was able to gear up multiple toons with multiple gear set bonuses. Is that unfair?

I used as comm boosts to gain more as comms faster to get PvP gear faster. But no one complained then. It's the same thing

Edited by Liquor

If you want to compare to XP boost. There are important differences:

1. You get a lot of XP boosts though game standard story chapters. I still have several bound in my cargo hold on several max lvl characters.

2. XP boosts only work for limited time. (Until you get to max level) CXP boost works indefinitely.

They are direct increase to chance to get character geared faster by doing same content in same amount of time and same amount of skill. I am mad because i pay for sub, so why i should pay more to have all GEARING benefits the game offer?

For some who counter with you get free CC you can use them. It is not even close to valid. Since you get like 9h of boost from your free CC.

Edited by ShawDou

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.