WARNING Major XP Bug.

TheCardinal

IF you repeat some KOTFE mission and some say even others your XP will be granted with 1/10

I should get 737.000 I got 73.000

Tried on 4 char all with the same result, without XP boost, With XP boost, RE-logging, Travel to Flagship.

so BEWARE......

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=904333

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=904367

:mad:

Not sure if it is a bug or just expansion XP scaling as it appears KotFE chapters stop giving full XP after 65, so doing them at 66 or higher results in much less XP.

At 66, move on to KotET (chapters with full boosts give over 1 million XP) or do other activities that grant level appropriate XP if leveling speed is a concern.

Edited by DawnAskham

Not sure if it is a bug or just expansion XP scaling as it appears KotFE chapters stop giving full XP after 65, so doing them at 66 or higher results in much less XP.

At 66, move on to KotET (chapters with full boosts give over 1 million XP) or do other activities that grant level appropriate XP if leveling speed is a concern.

but if you skip those chapters, do you lose out on the companions? or are they all there in KOTET?

I have noticed the same thing with Heroics and Space Missions too. The Purple XP number that is in the middle of the screen shows Low XP (as low as 5). I look up to the writing for the "Mission" in my chat box and it says Like "you have been rewarded with 127,978 XP for completing the Mission". On the Screen it showed Maybe 14,000 XP in purple. I have been accepting the printing in my Chat Box ..... but who knows which one I got .... If any ... Maybe we ought to make BW do an accounting each week for all our numbers so we can check ... /lol

T

R

U

S

T

Sinking

Edited by Wahala

but if you skip those chapters, do you lose out on the companions? or are they all there in KOTET?

Don't skip chapters. That's ludicrous. If you really need to level and aren't happy with the XP you're getting from the early chapters, take a break and do something else (heroics, warzones, etc.), then resume the storyline where you left off.

IT's not only KOTFE that's have this problem.

And for speed leveling, thanks but I'll pass, draged the main thrue it, the other 26 level 65 char will NEVER finish the story, NO reason what so ever.

But, since XP is broken all over the place it's a problem for all that needs XP so my though was to post it here since not all reads the Bug Section :D

• 5 weeks later...

A full month later this is STILL happening. It just happened to me. I have submitted bug reports, opened a ticket, and receieved an email suggesting I post in the "Suggestion box."

I was told:

"We appreciate the time you took to send us your impressions and ideas, and we can assure you that our Development team is always interested in receiving constructive feedback from our players."

Well this goes beyond constructive feedback. We are being CHEATED out of promised rewards, leading to a waste in our time. I've put up with a lot of crap over the four years I've been an active subscriber. But this is the first time I've been so pissed off I want to leave. My constructive feedback is to PLEASE get your act together. Before you put out more stuff, please fix current problems. A 90%...let me repeat that in text so I can do it in all caps and you can feel just how furious I am...NINETY PERCENT reduction in promised XP...IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. FIX IT.

Edited by humandisaster

A full month later this is STILL happening. It just happened to me. I have submitted bug reports, opened a ticket, and receieved an email suggesting I post in the "Suggestion box."

I was told:

"We appreciate the time you took to send us your impressions and ideas, and we can assure you that our Development team is always interested in receiving constructive feedback from our players."

Well this goes beyond constructive feedback. We are being CHEATED out of promised rewards, leading to a waste in our time. I've put up with a lot of crap over the four years I've been an active subscriber. But this is the first time I've been so pissed off I want to leave. My constructive feedback is to PLEASE get your act together. Before you put out more stuff, please fix current problems. A 90%...let me repeat that in text so I can do it in all caps and you can feel just how furious I am...NINETY PERCENT reduction in promised XP...IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. FIX IT.

I get this if I submit a few tickets within 24-48 hrs. The first gets answered by a real person. The next few get this automated generic response.

• 2 weeks later...
Make sure it's not just the purple text. Like others have said look at the amount that shows in your chat window. The fly text in purple is wrong, what the chat window says is the correct amount. I've seen that on heroics as well where I see one amount in my chat window and a different amount in the purple fly text.

Oh it's definitely not giving XP properly. I saw both texts and watched my xp bar actually move, rather than almost filling to the next level, it barely budged. That was my first clue something was wrong, then I checked the chat window as you suggested and couldn't believe it when I saw I'd been cheated out of 90% of my xp.

I take it there's still no word on a fix? or any acknowledgement from developers that this is an issue?

Im not sure but i think you guys are talking about doing KOTFE as level 66 and higher, well please note that KOTFE is for level 60-65, if you are above 66 you get reduced xp just like when you got +7 xp for old class missions when you were overleveled.

If you want to get proper XP you need to do KOTET from level 66 onwards!! I was doing the trick with finishing chapter 9 3x in order to get to level 67 and a half (not turning in the mission) but after you get over level 66 the xp gain drops to your mentioned level as you are overleveled for the content.