Class Stances are Doubling

FlavivsAetivs

Bioware Devs,

Currently the #1 Parsing DPS spec is Infiltration Shadow/Deception Assassin. However, it also technically isn't. You see, what's happening is that when you changed the discipline stances from active to passive stances, it causes some of them to double, which happens to have a particularly strong effect on the Shadow/Assassin burst discipline in particular (this is the discipline I always play). This can be fixed temporarily by respeccing to another discipline, and then going back, but changing instances or relogging undoes the fix and once again doubles the stance.

Here is a comparison of the bugged DPS output (pick any above 9000) vs the correct DPS output. As you can see in the logs, the bugged output is generating stacks of breaching shadow (surging charge for assassin) twice as fast, resulting in twice as many force breaches, and 1000 extra DPS for the class.

However, my point is that this does not just affect Shadows. This is affecting all classes including Guardian/Juggernaut, etc.

For a little bit more info you can see this thread here.

I've written this post in order that unnecessary nerfs to classes might be avoided, as this is an issue caused by a bug with stances. Therefore, it's also less work for you guys. :p

EDIT: Edited so not to go against the rule about posting about a specific player.

Thank You,

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

I logged a tanking bug as I wasn't investigating DPS

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=902970

But I guess that's the same more or less. The interesting thing is that while it shows doubling the stance in the character sheet, parse tells me that I don't receive any bonus to shield chance and it looks I have double stance for skills/utilities(e.g. mass taunt works) but I don't get this for anything else(e.g. shield chance is 20 + 0 from stance + 18 % from dark ward)

I haven't bought field respec and honestly I hate respecng because it messes my skills all around. That's why I have 2 assassins :)

I will post there link to this thread too :)

I also PMed Tait few days ago so it gets more attention.

Edit> so many errors from me... too long at work :(

Edited by Deaconik

That's really strange, my level 65 Shadow tank has 121% accuracy, yet my guildy's level 70 Shadow tank has 111% accuracy, and relogging/changing instances doesn't change this. Maybe it depends on your level? Have you also tested this for level 70 Shadow tanks? Edited by Jerba

I don't tank but I can ask. But to be honest it seems to change daily. Saturday my level 70 Infiltration Shadow was building stacks of force breach every 6 seconds, today it was doing it normally. It in fact seems to vary from login to logout and instance to instance. Nevertheless, something clearly isn't working right.

~ Eudoxia

I've heard now that this is doubling the shielding percentage on vanguards as well, and another Shadow DPS who parses very high confirmed the numbers I did (roughly 8150 DPS) are correct for the class, and that numbers 9000+ are a result of the bug.

This does appear to be affecting every class.

Tait? Eric? This is a pretty big issue, especially considering it's affecting Vanguard Tank shielding among other things.

~ Eudoxia

The only time I had noticed was on hits that hit more then once, i.e. PKB, CS, and SS... It's more like instead of per hit chance to trigger, if you trigger for one hit, it triggers for both (or all 3 in the case of SS).

I looked at that parse, Breaching Shadows only proc'd at a rate of 4.5s.. While lower then the 6s, it's not by much... It only allowed FB to be used 7 more times over 2.5 minutes.... But I also did not break down how many times FB was used with Potency and Shadow Stride (if at all), as both proc a full stack.

EDIT: Note I'm not saying it's not bugged, as it clearly is... I know how this got missed during testing, which is why I hate their testing procedures...

The problem is, if they fix it, they may have to retune instances because they were all tested with, and have been played with this increase to damage and resistances...

Edited by Psychopyro

I don't know if they have been tuned to this bug... I mean we can do HM ops in 220/224 gear because of this and down them.

The reason this happened was because they converted the stance from active to passive yet somehow left it so the active stance can still trigger giving you two stances...

I mean 8100 is pretty low, it's what Shadow is supposed to be doing (about 8350 is what it's supposed to be doing in 230 or 236 gear). Which puts it at 10th place, instead of the bugged 9000+ which puts it at 1st.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

However, my point is that this does not just affect Shadows. This is affecting all classes including Guardian/Juggernaut, etc.

Maybe you should put it at the first line, because they can nerf sins and then mark this bug as fixed. Do you really want them to nerf sins and only sins? :rak_02:

The problem is, if they fix it, they may have to retune instances because they were all tested with, and have been played with this increase to damage and resistances...

Sure they will do this... :o

Edited by Glower

Maybe you should put it at the first line, because they can nerf sins and then mark this bug as fixed. Do you really want them to nerf sins and only sins? :rak_02:

Sure they will do this... :o

So I just found out that this bug has been known about since the PTS, along with several other of the major issues in the game, and they let it go to live.

So there's that...

~ Eudoxia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bump, this should be HOT FIXED and still no comment from Bioware.... creates player imbalance and advantages to who has the bug (any class with cylinders / stances) can potentially have it. Some of the players in soloQ ranked are profiting from this. Been Notified on pts since september. Edited by Siniaera