Did not receive Shae Vizla customization kits.

Aowin

I did, pretty much same situation as everyone else. I redeemed the item from my mail after confirming I could still do her recruitment mission. Finished KotET and nada, no recruitment mission, no customization kits. Is this the same situation with Master Ranos?

Not exactly. Master Ranos' mission alert did not appear for legendary level players. It's fine for eternal level players. Shae's mission alert seems to appear but I didn't realize I had it. Redeeming her in the mail obviously made the mission disappear, taking the customization kits with it.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also happened to me, I never saw an alert and summoned her as soon as I saw she was available in my companion list.

I'm not sure whether I had an alert or not. I think I may have, but I wasn't thinking about it at the time after reading the mail and just wanting to have Shae since it wasn't supposed to impact her in the story. Of course, it's not working as intended and a lot of players unknowingly lost out on her mission and her customization kits.

Not exactly. Master Ranos' mission alert did not appear for legendary level players. It's fine for eternal level players. Shae's mission alert seems to appear but I didn't realize I had it. Redeeming her in the mail obviously made the mission disappear, taking the customization kits with it.

I finished Eternal level and didn't get the alliance alert, it's behaving exactly like Shae for me. I pulled them both out of the mail, read if you redeemed them you could still do the recruitment mission but it's never popped up for me at all.

I finished Eternal level and didn't get the alliance alert, it's behaving exactly like Shae for me. I pulled them both out of the mail, read if you redeemed them you could still do the recruitment mission but it's never popped up for me at all.

Strange. Well I guess the Master Ranos issue is more widespread than I thought. The Shae Vizla mission definitely stated that you would get her alliance alert regardless of whether your used her summon. I don't remember the mail for Master Ranos saying the same thing. I'd assume she'd work the same, however. I haven't used my summon for Master Ranos though as I'm waiting for BioWare to fix this mess.

Producer Live Stream is happening Thursday. I hope many of you will join me in asking about Shae Vizla's mission alert in the twitch comment section and making sure we get an answer from BioWare about this widespread issue.

^bump^

Same happened to me, one customization. Put mission bug report in.

Between Shae Vizla issue, imho, and GC... think most ppl on the stream chat will be raging about Galactic Command and RNG.

That's my fear. I don't want nasty bugs being overshadowed by the vocal minority raging about Galactic Command. That system is something that can easily be tweaked and refined. We don't know if the Shae Vizla bug is going to be fixed as BioWare hasn't even acknowledged it.

Last night I logged in to my non-DvL character who already cleared most of the early alerts including Star Fortress ones. He too was able to claim Shae as I read the email and saw the attached summoning device. But before I right click it, I opened the alert list and there it was... Her alert from Theron. :(

I'm going to assume that my character who's already summoned her through the device will get a chance to do her alert after I clear up some alerts, hopefully. If there really is no way to do her alert anymore after using the device... well, I just have to be content with doing her alert with that non-DvL character, I guess. :(

I used the token when I opened the game on 5.0 day :eek: so I am missing items?

Yes. You missed out on Shae Vizla's mission alert as well as her two vintage customization kits and credit in her bio for joining the Alliance.

Last night I logged in to my non-DvL character who already cleared most of the early alerts including Star Fortress ones. He too was able to claim Shae as I read the email and saw the attached summoning device. But before I right click it, I opened the alert list and there it was... Her alert from Theron. :(

I'm going to assume that my character who's already summoned her through the device will get a chance to do her alert after I clear up some alerts, hopefully. If there really is no way to do her alert anymore after using the device... well, I just have to be content with doing her alert with that non-DvL character, I guess. :(

It's a bug. Her mission alert is not supposed to disappear. She is supposed to function as Nico does. Obviously, that's not the case currently. This is why it's important we continue to make this a visible issue so that BioWare sees it and addresses it. As I said before, a lot of people have this bug and don't even realize it. BioWare needs to fix this for everybody.

Shae Vizla is pretty useless for the story line makes you use Lana and Theron and since Shae Vizla is the last Companion u get b4 or after SWTET u do not get a chance to use her in the story at all. Sure u can use her after the fact but then she is like any other com. So useless as i said.

Shae Vizla is pretty useless for the story line makes you use Lana and Theron and since Shae Vizla is the last Companion u get b4 or after SWTET u do not get a chance to use her in the story at all. Sure u can use her after the fact but then she is like any other com. So useless as i said.

Fascinating but what exactly does that have to do with this thread?

This isn't about her use in the story. This is about getting what we paid for. Everybody who received Shae is entitled to her alliance alert and her customization kits. It's not right that some of us got less due to a bug. BioWare needs to address it. That is all we want.

Fascinating but what exactly does that have to do with this thread?

I'm guessing his rationale is because Shae doesn't add anything to the story we shouldn't care about her customization kits. It's a rather weak argument, but that's what I believe he's trying to argue. Either way, hopefully Ben or Charles will directly address this during the Live Stream on Thursday. I'll make sure to put the question into Twitch chat several times.

I'm aware. I've already done that. It was the first thing I did. I also posted in the bug forums and I've posted on general discussion obviously. The best way to ensure exposure is to bring attention to the issue on multiple fronts. Given that this is affecting a large portion of the community, I'm certain BioWare is aware of the issue.

Don't forget Twitter @SWTOR. Maybe they listen there... SMFH. They have a live broadcast coming up. I wonder how much of everything will be ignored. I know they answer questions from Twitter on there I think while broadcasting, but they will probably ignore our concerns and just take questions that are like, can Senya be a romantic option...

Don't forget Twitter @SWTOR. Maybe they listen there... SMFH. They have a live broadcast coming up. I wonder how much of everything will be ignored. I know they answer questions from Twitter on there I think while broadcasting, but they will probably ignore our concerns and just take questions that are like, can Senya be a romantic option...

I could try Twitter. My concern there is this question would still likely be overshadowed by those complaining about Galactic Command currently. I'll definitely have to post a question there and just maybe BioWare will respond.

You all want some cheese with your whine. Lighten up tell them nicely you didnt get Shae and i am sure they will fix the issue for ya and make it right.

Take Care & Be Well.......

One would hope. However, we shouldn't have to ask at all as this issue should be obvious and widespread enough that BioWare is aware of it.

Only one more day until we finally see the Live Stream. I really hope the Shae and Master Ranos issue are addressed and this isn't something we'll have to keep bringing up on the forums just so BioWare notices it.

This issue obviously isn't as widespread as others (as easily seen when comparing replies/views on this thread to ones with Galactic Command) though I hope Musco has at least come across it and mentioned it to the peeps that handles bugs. As a sub reward, I'd hope it takes some type of priority. Then again, Nico had a bug at Fallen Empire's launch that wasn't fixed until Eternal Throne's launch, so.... :confused:

This issue obviously isn't as widespread as others (as easily seen when comparing replies/views on this thread to ones with Galactic Command) though I hope Musco has at least come across it and mentioned it to the peeps that handles bugs. As a sub reward, I'd hope it takes some type of priority. Then again, Nico had a bug at Fallen Empire's launch that wasn't fixed until Eternal Throne's launch, so.... :confused:

You don't seem to understand. Many folks don't even realize this is a bug, so of course they wouldn't be on the forums addressing it. As far as an "issue," this is definitely high priority considering it's a bug that is taking away content people paid for. Galactic Command is not an "issue" as it's not a bug and it's working as intended. Whether folks like it or not is an entirely different discussion.

What bug did Nico have? I don't remember any issues with the companion.

The Live Stream is almost here folks! Get your questions ready and make sure to ask BioWare about Shae in the comments section! Ben and Charles will be present, so I expect they'll be talking about quite a few topics tomorrow. Hopefully, Shae Vizla and Master Ranos are one of those topics.

During their twitch stream, I'll donate them a few dollars to make them react against those bugs.

FIX THOSE BLOODY BUGS BW!

We already donated them $15 to have the entire Shae Vizla companion experience! BioWare just has to give us our money's worth at this point!