If someone reaching a cap is a problem...

Voblat

Then the cap is too high, not the route to the cap.

That is, after all, the entire point of the cap.

By the way, from early access to now, I've reached 70 and then command level 5. I have not yet received a piece of gear better than the 216 stuff I already had.

If you want it to take me 5 hours plus of heroics for one level at command level 5, then where is the reward to go with the effort?

The entire system is as badly thought out as a chocolate fireguard.

Command Rank 20.

1 piece of purple 230 gear.

2 pieces of blue 230 gear.

Yes, welcome everyone to "the suck."

Wow.

You see that is just bad design, there is no excuse for it at all.

I've been here a very long time, from the first day the forums existed the day the game was announced. I have enjoyed the game all that time, and I rarely post at all, I can't think of the last time I complained about anything really. I play mostly solo, so I don't expect to have the top end stuff, I got 216 gear over time by doing my dailies and so on, and that was fine for me.

But here, if I'm going to be getting basically 20 cxp per heroic, then I am never really going to get any new gear at all. MMOs are all about progression, even if it is slow for casual players like me, but if I have no real chance of gaining anything now, I have to ask what is the point?

I'd love bioware to answer that one.

Command Rank 20.

1 piece of purple 230 gear.

2 pieces of blue 230 gear.

Yes, welcome everyone to "the suck."

The perils of RNG, I suppose. I only have a quarter of your command rank (I'm at 5) and in those 5 crates I've gotten 2 set pieces which has given the first portion of my set bonus.

I think they'd have been better off implementing this in addition to Op drops instead of in place of. That way there would still be a guaranteed route to get the gear for those willing to run through Ops, but then you also have Galactic Command as a supplementary option for those who either can't run through Ops or just have bad luck with drops in pugs.

The bigger question is: why is someone reaching a cap with GC a problem?

Everything's capped in this game: reputation, levels, number of bounties per day. You hit caps all the time. That's why it's a cap. To keep you from going further than the devs want you to. If the devs didn't want someone to hit level 100, they should have instituted a lower cap instead of penalizing the entire player base for a single player's dedication to playing the game as currently designed.

It's garbage no matter what angle you look at it from.