FPS through the roof since patch!

BaronBS

I've had FPS issues since the beginning, even after upgrading my rig. Yet when I logged in after the 5.0 patch, my FPS have been off the charts. I don't know what you all did, but seriously -- thank you.

Anyone else have similar fortune?

I've had FPS issues since the beginning, even after upgrading my rig. Yet when I logged in after the 5.0 patch, my FPS have been off the charts. I don't know what you all did, but seriously -- thank you.

Anyone else have similar fortune?

My smoothness and lag have never been better since 5.0 the new performance related stuff on the patch notes really helped, so I have no idea what your experiencing

Other people... like me... get better performance as well. But I'm also getting random artifacts, screen tearing, and flashes that won't go the hell away. I've tried everything from rolling back my drivers, to reinstalling them. To disabling vsync/triple buffering... via different monitors and my LED TV. To re enabling. To trying different combos of various things. Nothing goes away. Other games are fine. And swtor was fine on monday evening! But come patch/launch day. Graphic issues!

The increased FPS is nice. But my screen still tears horribly with all that off/on. Doesn't matter. New drivers. Old drivers. GPU temps are fine, too.

It's not just me either. There are a few others describing something similar. Seems to be with mid-range PCs like mine.

Edited by GabbyMe

Shows better graphics quality (a bit subjective, except for some grass effects) than before at High or above settings. The lag is another thing. It is obvious, increasing in busy action during large group fights. In some cases, it is up to 4 Global Cool Downs or longer during an intense encounter. The lag is likely due to the increased player presence on the servers than in the past several months due to the release of the new expansion.

There was one part in the Arcann fight at the end of KoTFE the cut scenes when my FPS dropped right down again to the point that the voices talking even slowed / went all static like. It was horrid. Yet some area's are much improved it seems they broke others so don't celebrate too quickly.

I have much smoother performance when solo in solo/open pve areas, however my fps in pvp and ops has gotten MUCH worse. if there are 8 plus players on the screen in pvp it gets horrendous. still somewhat playable but certainly a disadvantage and less enjoyable.

Yikes, I hope that doesn't happen for me. I mostly pvp, but haven't done it since 5.0.

Other people... like me... get better performance as well. But I'm also getting random artifacts, screen tearing, and flashes that won't go the hell away. I've tried everything from rolling back my drivers, to reinstalling them. To disabling vsync/triple buffering... via different monitors and my LED TV. To re enabling. To trying different combos of various things. Nothing goes away. Other games are fine. And swtor was fine on monday evening! But come patch/launch day. Graphic issues!

The increased FPS is nice. But my screen still tears horribly with all that off/on. Doesn't matter. New drivers. Old drivers. GPU temps are fine, too.

It's not just me either. There are a few others describing something similar. Seems to be with mid-range PCs like mine.

I've noticed something like this. It's not severe enough to cause me alarm, but every now and then I notice a "flicker" somewhere on the screen, like a quick moment of artifacting. Overall performance is way, way up for me though. The best it has honestly ever been. Artifacting happens now and then, but nothing severe or dramatic.

Edited by doelow

I've noticed something like this. It's not severe enough to cause me alarm, but every now and then I notice a "flicker" somewhere on the screen, like a quick moment of artifacting. Overall performance is way, way up for me though. The best it has honestly ever been. Artifacting happens now and then, but nothing severe or dramatic.

>I have the exact same issue since the new patch.

Random flashes and screen tears.

At one point they flare up constantly and then sometimes dissappear for an hour or so before another one flashes up...

Glad to know that it isn't just me, but a solution would be great.

I have much smoother performance when solo in solo/open pve areas, however my fps in pvp and ops has gotten MUCH worse. if there are 8 plus players on the screen in pvp it gets horrendous. still somewhat playable but certainly a disadvantage and less enjoyable.

Happens to me too. Really annoying running the same operations with less FPS than before with the same settings :(

FPS is amazing. Too bad there's no content left to be excited about.

Hahah I hear that. I find myself playing just to get to the next cutscene. It's like the gameplay is closer to the commercial break than the feature presentation. It's strange because I hit up WoW after Legion, and it's as fun as ever.