Where are our romanced companions!?!?!?!?

XEROKYOUNO

Ever since KoTFE when we lost our companions we regained some of them back, however I never got Mako back. It was said that they would return in the new expansion. That was a lie!!! Your character is the leader of the alliance, your romancable companion wouldn't have that hard of a time finding you or searching you out. Did you guys just forget about them? What the hell were you thinking, you completely ignored an entire great part of the game? I figured you could have brought them back in the story or at least you could make a patch where you search for your long lost love. I really dont wanna play anymore because of this....

Ever since KoTFE when we lost our companions we regained some of them back, however I never got Mako back. It was said that they would return in the new expansion. That was a lie!!! Your character is the leader of the alliance, your romancable companion wouldn't have that hard of a time finding you or searching you out. Did you guys just forget about them? What the hell were you thinking, you completely ignored an entire great part of the game? I figured you could have brought them back in the story or at least you could make a patch where you search for your long lost love. I really dont wanna play anymore because of this....

I dunno ... pushing up daisies ??

You...you know she isn't real right? She doesn't actually love you.

Bioware bit off more then they could chew when they made that promise (really more of an insinuation since they said they "could come back" but details details...). If they were to come back it would be cheap and hollow. I know y'all want them back NOW but I think in the long run you'll appreciate it more given the reason they gave a few weeks ago. From a storytelling perspective, trying to jam as many characters into a story doesn't work well. And business wise a separate story tracking down the wifey would be a waste. Why include that when they can market it?

if you bothered to watch a live stream in the livestream they said companions wasn't coming back in KOTET because during KOTFE they were slated for having too many filler chapters that recruiting companions.. so this time, they decided they would just focus on story.. all this confirmed by the devs during a live stream.

and tbh IT WAS A PRETTY DAMN GOOD STORY :D:p

if you bothered to watch a live stream in the livestream they said companions wasn't coming back in KOTET because during KOTFE they were slated for having too many filler chapters that recruiting companions.. so this time, they decided they would just focus on story.. all this confirmed by the devs during a live stream.

This, and honestly the story we got for KOTET was worth it. I'd much rather have the KOTET storyline than 30 more "go off on some random side mission that has nothing to do with anything just so you can have a companion back" chapters.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting our old comps and LIs back as soon as possible, but not if it means having a ton of boring filler chapters like we did in KOTFE.

Edited by heythereqt

This, and honestly the story we got for KOTET was worth it. I'd much rather have the KOTET storyline than 30 more "go off on some random side mission that has nothing to do with anything just so you can have a companion back" chapters.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting our old comps and LIs back as soon as possible, but not if it means having a ton of boring filler chapters like we did in KOTFE.

I agree ! I know we'll have to do some grinding ... but in all honestly that is the nature of this sort of game. I'd rather wait and have a "party" so to speak when we do get the rest of the companions back.

Besides, I'd like to have the option to pick and choose what companions I enjoy the most: some of the new ones are great (Vette for LS players as an example). Obviously, for those who have chosen the option of "romance" for their companions that they still do not have back in the story will feel differently.

Bottom line: better to wait and have a BETTER story leading up to a BETTER reunion in the end!

(In my opinion).

Held hostage so you will stay subbed. Like ransomware

I finally unsubbed and wish I had done so at the end of KOTFE when it was becoming clear that my character's husband wasn't returning to the story... alas, I think I was in some kind of denial or misplaced optimism in believing that there was a chance for them to return in KOTET. Also, I feel that by EA waiting until a approximately a week before KOTET launched to reveal that no companions were returning in KOTET was a chump move. I stuck around this long only for the missing companions and this just resulted in an attitude of, "I made it this far, might as well give the 9 chapters a run through on my main." I'm on Chapter 9 now, and really wish I could have had a choice in who I brought with me in these chapters, such as my characters original 5 companions. Like KOTFE, it's hard for me to get engaged in the story at all when I can't relate to practically any of the companions EA has forced me to use in each chapter.

I hate that my favorite part of the game was taken away with no clear answer on what's going on with returning that content to the players, if ever. This is an awful way to run a game, in my opinion: provide popular content to players, take that content away, then bait them on for a year by never giving any straight answers about if/when that popular content will be returned to the players.

You...you know she isn't real right? She doesn't actually love you.

Bioware bit off more then they could chew when they made that promise (really more of an insinuation since they said they "could come back" but details details...). If they were to come back it would be cheap and hollow. I know y'all want them back NOW but I think in the long run you'll appreciate it more given the reason they gave a few weeks ago. From a storytelling perspective, trying to jam as many characters into a story doesn't work well. And business wise a separate story tracking down the wifey would be a waste. Why include that when they can market it?

Dude I am married, grow up. Its about the story and the connections you make with your companions. I spent a lot of time getting her up to 47 of 50. Removing them from the story is unrealistic, sure one or two of them may die, but that's not the point. Basically it just comes down to Bioware and EA being lazy. The expansion was not all that great, started out good but the end was really quite uneventful. It would have been nice if they actually spent the time to wrap up a lot of loose ends.

So I am magically supposed to know about a livestream? I kept looking for information about what was going to happen but found nothing. The story was ok at best, everything was so rushed and the fights were extremely repetitive. Most of the story was predictable and lackluster, they left so much untold. Frankly the story was not worth loosing the relationships you had with your companions. That's what really made the game fun at first at least for me. Had I known that they would not be returning I would have just used the damn console to get her back. What a waste of a good story.