If you are in the middle of KotFE DON'T try out the new chapter menu!!!

jstankaroslo

Hi,

created a ticket, but I don't know when or if it is gonna be addressed so I thought I'll warn other players here:

So on one of my characters I was between Chapter 14 and 15 of KOTFE. The game (I don't know who thought it was a good idea) forces me from one chapter to the next -like there is a cutscene and then you are in the next chapter instantly.

I didn't want to do it right away, so hit escape, went to my stronghold do to other stuff. I do it often as it is not IMO a good idea to do all the chapters at once as seems to be preferred by the devs.

Anyway, in the meantime 5.0 hit, so among other things I thought to check out the new Chapter system, and clicked Chapter 14. The game warned me that my present chapter will be reset, but no big deal as I haven't started it yet.

And now I cannot get back to chapter 15

As if the game thinks I haven't finished it yet (despite that I have even mails from Khomo Fett and Torian)

Just can't click the Chapter 15 button.

Now:

1. I don't want to do chapter 14 again on this character

2. I don't know what will happen to my choices -IF the Chapter 14 isn't confirmed as finished by the game, I don't know if my choices will be.

Running the chapter again, with the same choices and aligment seems so boring tha I'll be passing on this until my ticket is dealt with.

Anyway: just dont click the previous chapter as the game will roll you back

Edited by jstankaroslo

No, it will not reset everything. I replayed KotFE chapter 1 after maintenance on Tuesday. After I completed it game moved me back fleet where I was before. KotFE progress wasn't changed.

Read my post. If you are in between the chapters. Not if you've finished all of KOTFE.

Just happened to me -erased my chapter 15 and now I'm at the beginning of chapter 14, and can't get back to chapter 15

I was on chapter 8 with my Merc and decided to try out Veteran mode for chapter 1. I got the same warning message. I did Ch1 on veteran mode and was still able to get back to chapter 8. You just have to manually set it back to whatever chapter you want to do via the galactic command window. You click on chapters, then you can manually pick whatever chapter you want and whatever difficulty level.

I was on chapter 8 with my Merc and decided to try out Veteran mode for chapter 1. I got the same warning message. I did Ch1 on veteran mode and was still able to get back to chapter 8. You just have to manually set it back to whatever chapter you want to do via the galactic command window. You click on chapters, then you can manually pick whatever chapter you want and whatever difficulty level.

thanks for the reply.

I can't click 'chapter' through galactic command as it is grayed out -GC will be available once I hit 70 (or is it related to early access, which I don't have?)

I can choose any chapter from 1 to 14 to do again, just have my previously current chapter 15 grayed out. Can't chose it from chapter menu (drop down menu on screen, not Galactic Command menu).

It is as if the game thinks I haven't finished Chapter 14. Maybe it is because I hit escape during the first cutscene? Just wasn't progressing anything in Gemini Deception.

And my little plea to the Devs -I know you get a lot of it lately, but anyway: don't make us autostart next chapters. I always exit them, and I'm sure lots of other people do that.

Look at it from role play pov: at the end of Ch14 I'm on the briefing on Odessen. Next we go to attack the Eterenal Fleet ship -I need to change my clothes, have a little break etc. But the game forces me to go on the Gravestone right away.

I knew this design will be trouble at some point, and here I am: probably will have to do Mandalore's Revenge again (and hoping the game will acknowledge my progress, not thinking I only 're-played' that chapter)

Edited by jstankaroslo