Is Bioware Ea doing the loot and scoot?

DarthDolemite

If you think about it.

No communication with its players on these forums (Odd)

Basic missing MMO features.

Adding stuff to the online store

No communication with its players.

Encouraging players to roll alts instead of do endgame.

All thats missing is the lifetime sub. If you see the lifetime sub within the next 6 months your doomed.

Im starting to think this may be a one time thing. Make a game collect money from fanboi until fanboi realizes what others could figure out sooner, then go FTP.

I hope this isnt a trend for the future but this game is so much like STO with all the instancing and poor communication its looking that way.

Where the hell are you guys coming up with this ****. i thought this was a sci-fi game, but that's one hell of a fantasy you got there, so I could be wrong. But yeah, you are probably right. Two of the biggest companies around are tired of consistently making money so they dumped a fortune into making a game in an effort to screw over the fanbase and soil one of the greatest franchises of all time. Now that I think about it, sounds pretty feasible. Edited by DragonSyn

Where the hell are you guys coming up with this ****. i thought this was a sci-fi game, but that's one hell of a fantasy you got there, so I could be wrong.

The man cites Lifetime Subs and STO. He's been with Cryptic. As a CO player, I understand his paranoia.

You think it's funny or trolling? Cryptic, oi - I wish that life on no man.

I think you should look up how much it cost to make and maintain this game. They're going to have to do a lot more than trick fanbois into subbing for a few months to make it all back. Try again.

Also: "No communication with its players." followed by: "Encouraging players to roll alts instead of do endgame." How are they encouraging alts when they aren't communicating with us? There is actually a community event tomorrow for players: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12/27/swtors-reid-hosting-reddit-ama-tomorrow/

Also, have a look at Twiter, Facebook, Redit or many of the others, they are far more in touch with their community than any other game I have played.

Jesus, I sometimes wonder if you halfwits are playing a completely different game to me. I cant wait for the free month to finish then all the belltowers will leave and stop spamming utter drivel on the forums.

I think you should look up how much it cost to make and maintain this game. They're going to have to do a lot more than trick fanbois into subbing for a few months to make it all back. Try again.

Also: "No communication with its players." followed by: "Encouraging players to roll alts instead of do endgame." How are they encouraging alts when they aren't communicating with us? There is actually a community event tomorrow for players: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12/27/swtors-reid-hosting-reddit-ama-tomorrow/

You have to read closer man...i said no communication on these forums....pay attention open your eyes and stop missing stuff .

You have to read closer man...i said no communication on these forums....pay attention open your eyes and stop missing stuff .

Its written all over their front page that they will use twitter and facebook as well as the forums. Funny old thijng....a moaner picked on the 1 of the 3 he doesnt get right as stuff happens. Jesus.

I'm personally a fan of using Dev Tracker. It's this weird tool that lets you see all their communication on the forums. You should try it, or is your problem that they are not responding to the posts that YOU want them to?

So, because they are answering more questions on other, more popular, media outlets than their forums they are only in this for a quick buck? Yeah, man makes perfect sense.

What about all the $$ they've poured into the game already that they'd need to get back again? You haven't answered that question.

Adding stuff to the online store.

The "online store"?

What online store?

The one that links you to EA/Bioware's retail partners to buy the game and that also offers game time cards and authenticators?

You compare that to an MT store?

Because if that's what you have, you haven't got anything but paranoia.

Edited by Mithros

If you think about it.

All thats missing is the lifetime sub. If you see the lifetime sub within the next 6 months your doomed.

Im starting to think this may be a one time thing. Make a game collect money from fanboi until fanboi realizes what others could figure out sooner, then go FTP.

I hope this isnt a trend for the future but this game is so much like STO with all the instancing and poor communication its looking that way.

The drama is strong in this one.

If you think about it.

The dev tracker is your friend.

Which can be added in patches. Care to elaborate further?

Don't know about this, isn't it just cosmetics? Because many MMOs do this.

Haven't needed their help so far so can't judge.

Some of us don't care about end-game. And besides, more will be added in a month.

Answers in red... I don't think Bioware wants to stake it's reputation and future as a major player in the gaming industry for a short term quick buck. Sure they are a money making business enterprise first and foremost, but I think they have a more long term vision to simply "loot and scoot".

If you think about it.

Very true about the STO instancing and such- sucks bigtime- but even sto which is f2p come 17th january got things better in some areas then this pile of garbage that's a single player game wrapped in a mmo con!

to the op with Ea ultimately controlling things no they are not done doing this. EA has a reputation for milking games as much as possible without adding things. the only things they add to mmo is what they charge for. and your right about how this game will eventually be free top play given EA reputation and record with mmo's.

p.s. i can tell you haven't been in star trek trek online since it was 6 months old. other wise you would not have said what you did about the communication with the devs there. you see the devs talking to the players in game all the time asking for opinions and suggestions as well as on the forums. and you right about the instancing but thats about it the game is nothing like it was when it launched and sad to say this game doesn't have the end game or the amount of content and features star trek online does now.

I just hope EA/bioware don't take a year or more to get this game where it should have been on launch day in terms of content. BUT.....EA will milk the game almost dry before they give bioware the go ahead to develop new content then they charge us for the content pack.

If you think about it.

Well, I almost didn't play this game after finding out EA let Mythic in on this game. Mythic Entertainment's management is notorious for this $hit. Their management do not listen to their customers OR their devs that actually get a feel for the game and where it needs to improve. They've already destroyed two great (imo) MMO's with their poor management. Those being Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Online.

And from what I'm seeing for myself, and hearing from other players. Sounds like some of that bad management is still around. And as it is, I don't know that I'll be renewing my sub. Guess Mythic has suckered me into trying another cash grab.

Don't know about BW, but EA is starting to look like the typical corporate, "Spend the money on Advertising / PR, cheaper than making a good product" type of company.

I really think what happened here is EA never realized that BW was going to make a single player game. BW never realized that EA was going to force them to make an MMO.