Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

XP reward from chapters broken

Menetes

Doing Veteran Chapters says i get 584,306 XP per hand in, but im only getting 58,430XP

is this Working As Intended ? which one is correct, the 584K or the 58K ?

[Edit - Should add that this is the case with Chapters 1/2/3, im not doing any more chapters to test them because this XP is garbage]

Edited by Menetes

You may want to double check the experience points listed on the XP bar before and after you turn in the chapter quests. In the past, the amount of experience points you get was correct even though the amount of XP that was displayed on the screen was 1/10 of that amount.

It's a bug either way, but slightly less important if it's just "printed feedback" issue instead of a problem with what you actually received.

You may want to double check the experience points listed on the XP bar before and after you turn in the chapter quests. In the past, the amount of experience points you get was correct even though the amount of XP that was displayed on the screen was 1/10 of that amount.

It's a bug either way, but slightly less important if it's just "printed feedback" issue instead of a problem with what you actually received.

Well, chat logged my XP gain as the 58K. I didnt check the bar before and after, but it barely moved

I'm getting the same bug. Was doing Chapter 7 from KOTFE and it was supposed to give me 545K XP but I only got 54K.

No, it's definitely not a "printed feedback" issue, I looked at my bar before and after, I went from 361K XP to 416K. I even logged off and back in just to make sure.

• 1 month later...

It also maybe the case that the xp adjusts automatically depending on what level you are and what chapter - as one changes levels quickly during a chapter.

I'm pretty sure the goal of the chapters is to get you to level 70 at a certain point.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Is that what it says in the chat window or in the purple fly text above your character. I know there is an issue with the purple fly text is far lower then what it says you got in the chat window. That's what I usually go off of. I've seen that even in heroic 2+ Edited by Nightblazer

Is that what it says in the chat window or in the purple fly text above your character. I know there is an issue with the purple fly text is far lower then what it says you got in the chat window. That's what I usually go off of. I've seen that even in heroic 2+

Yea, it's been working fine for me... The flytext has been wrong since at least RotHC, maybe even before then. I've had no problems with FE or ET quests in regard to getting the correct amount. I've pushed 4 characters to 70 before getting to Chapter 10 of FE.

I suspect that there may be more to this issue then people are letting on. It's hard to get a gauge on what is going on when people say ZOMG there's a bug without details...

Were you wearing the XP gear?

Did you have a boost active?

Did you have any legacy unlocks?

What part of the quest exactly? Bonus part or main part?

What class was your character?

When did this occur?

How did you start the quest since GC is not available till Level 70? Was it already active, or did you work around to get it to start?

Basically everyone always forgets the who/what/when/where so they can figure out the why.....

Also a screenshot of what it shows you earned in your chat window for the chapter and a screenshot of the chapter says it will give you. I as well haven't noticed getting the wrong XP amount. Only issue is the purple fly text but the chat windows shows you the right amount.

It is a level issue. If you are under 65 you get normal xp. At either 65 or 66 (not sure which) you get reduced xp on the KotFE and it goes back to normal once you start KotET. Not sure if that was intentional or not and they just forgot to correct the numbers in the mission log. The mission reward when you look at the quest will say something like say 600k but you only end up with around 60k.

It is a level issue. If you are under 65 you get normal xp. At either 65 or 66 (not sure which) you get reduced xp on the KotFE and it goes back to normal once you start KotET. Not sure if that was intentional or not and they just forgot to correct the numbers in the mission log. The mission reward when you look at the quest will say something like say 600k but you only end up with around 60k.

It's not just a level issue... I have had 0 problems with this. All of my characters that I stopped at level 65 at chapter 9 got experience just fine in the rest of the chapters in FE.... So again, it's not just a level issue. Either something about my characters are special, or something about other people's characters are screwed up.

A matter of note, my wife has not had problems with it either...

EDIT: The reason for the Chapter 9 stop point on my characters was because I quit after FE cause I was unhappy with it.

Edited by Psychopyro

I can confirm that, its bug or did i miss something? KOTFE until chapter 10 was ok, now quest log shows around 600k XP reward for completing chapter XI, i completed chapter XI and get only 60k XP.

So in same day i got from chapter VI - X around 600k XP as reward, but chapter XI and XII only gave me 60k and quest log still shows 600k. Also XP bar fill only with 60k XP, so its not visual bug.

Response from CS was " that I could park the toon till a fix is realised or do side missions or flashpoints though not as rewarding" with nothing said on forums by anyone from Austin, you would think BW would know their game is a story bound level grind and to get 10% of expected xp during " the awesome story content " is not acceptable. Not hard for a dev to post "guys something is wrong with story missions, the xp rewarded is not correct, we investigating and fix should come with 5.1"

Bioware - hahaha renound for their SWTOR story, bugs, bots and all!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.