Ravage!!!???

VitalityPrime

Why would you do this?

Change the damage...fine, whatever you think works.

But why would you change the animation?

Ravage was one of the best looking animations, and you turned it into one of the cheesiest, weakest, looking animations for a saber attack.

Why would you do this?

Please, for the love of anything...just use the original animation and speed it up, or make it something better.

This legit ruins the fun of playing my Jugg now.

Edited by VitalityPrime

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely used Ravage before and will most likely take it off my quickbar now.

For Marauders, I am not a fan of pointing two lightsabers in arrow form for the new Gore (old Gore is now Ferocity) and the Devastating Blast (which should be merged into Dual Saber Throw since two sabers should deal more damage than one anyway),

My ideal Gore would be some sort of dual reverse grip stab.

Edited by jimmorrisson

You can't have a 3 point attack animation on a non-chanelled ability. It kind of had to be changed for gameplay reasons.

Aegis Assault...?

From what i saw on the twitter feeds, the Republic version of Ravage doesn't look too bad...unfortunately the Imperial version is yet another front flip lightsaber attack...so dumb.

Edited by Vember

Oh god nooooooo! Is it really that bad?

It's honestly so cheap and weak looking that I might just pull it from my rotation for the time being, despite gimping myself because of it.

I think if they want to keep this animation for it...they should give some weight behind the final jump like they do with Smash, to make the attack seem like it's a bit powerful...but I would much prefer the original animation, just sped up.

Edited by VitalityPrime

Why would you do this?

Change the damage...fine, whatever you think works.

But why would you change the animation?

Ravage was one of the best looking animations, and you turned it into one of the cheesiest, weakest, looking animations for a saber attack.

Why would you do this?

Please, for the love of anything...just use the original animation and speed it up, or make it something better.

This legit ruins the fun of playing my Jugg now.

To be honest I quite like the new animation but I hate the 50% damage nerf.

and they removed death from above. This really does suck, none of the new animations look good at all really.

Not removed, it's just specific to Mercs and Commando only now. Powertech and Vanguard get the new animation.

Flamethrower though has been COMPLETELY removed.. So much for iconic Bounty Hunter.

Edited by Avatarless

Not removed, it's just specific to Mercs and Commando only now. Powertech and Vanguard get the new animation.

Flamethrower though has been COMPLETELY removed.. So much for iconic Bounty Hunter.

Damn, so they straight up neutered and ruined the classes of their game outright.

I never understand how something can be so right, for so long...then all the sudden be so wrong, that they have to remove it from the class completely.

Edited by VitalityPrime

Damn, so they straight up neutered and ruined the classes of their game outright.

I never understand how something can be so right, for so long...then all the sudden be so wrong, that they have to remove it from the class completely.

I can only think it's all for mobility in PVP... which is why I despise PVP.

I can only think it's all for mobility in PVP... which is why I despise PVP.

Players took the root utility in PvP, so it wasn't a huge issue. It was for end game PvE where you frequently had to delay using it or lost multiple strikes due to boss mechanics forcing you to move to avoid losing half your health.

Players took the root utility in PvP, so it wasn't a huge issue. It was for end game PvE where you frequently had to delay using it or lost multiple strikes due to boss mechanics forcing you to move to avoid losing half your health.

While thats fine, I absolutely agree with the OP that the animation itself is horrific. I'm sorry but I play these games to see my character in all her ******ery. I refuse to acknowledge that this was a good design idea. I can imagine in my head several styles they could have went with that would be more immersive but this new animation is just balls.

I mean the game is devolving at this point in certain ways, so lets take the animations shall we? If you look at the vanilla animations before this game was freemium, they were amazing. The original team had cool designs and I liked them. Fast forward to several expansions later and the loss of the original team, it's like they are purposely cutting corners, look at how Lana looked in the Revan expansion she looked aweful. Thank god they made her look tons better in KNOTFE/KNOTEE, but thats one minor plus I give these additions. The animation route they have taken has gone significantly downhill. I almost can't stomach it to play -_-. My character feels different now, I loved marauder and it's like they took a big shat on her and it just feels weird to play. I haven't touched any other characters to see how they ruined them. As for bounty hunter flamethrower as cool as it is and as iconic as it is, I personally NEVER used it. The bounty hunter had far too many damage abilities that I would never use them all so taking a few away for me isn't a huge deal. Long as they don't take away some of the cooler ones I'm good with BH.

EDIT: I will say removing ravage off my bar and putting gore in its place feels better. I like how they changed gore and made 100% armor penetration a seperate ability.

Edited by xeoneex

The animation route they have taken has gone significantly downhill. I almost can't stomach it to play .

This, for sure.

I'm legit going to take a massive performance hit on my Jugg by removing the ability from the tray, just so that I can "stomach it to play".

What really makes it all worse, isn't that the new animation itself is horrid, which it is...but that the old Ravage was just so perfectly perfect for my character. So I'm going to miss that, regardless of my non-use of the new animation.

*sighs*