Curious About the Engine Improvements in 5.0

Saregon

As mentioned in the patch notes, improvements to the engine/shadows/etc. in 5.0 today...would like to hear some people's thoughts or observations while I'm stuck at work all day. I know you want to play the new content, so any info would be greatly appreciated!

I'm always happy to see more optimizations.

I'm also REALLY happy to see improvements to character facial expressions. In the livestream, it looked like an actual kind of simulated wrinkle system (raise eyebrows, forehead wrinkles appears, squint your eyes, get those wrinkles around your eyes.) It'll really help make faces look much better.

Didn't notice many improvements. I'm on a low end laptop that gets lots of popin and fps drops when stuff spawns and I guess I noticed some improvements since I played chapter 1 and most stuff actually loaded in pretty quickly and ran alright even with all the scripting and tons of mobs.

Biggest improvement is my character face looks normal now where before I would get strange clipping bugs of people's eyelashes freaking out and going through their face and stuff.

There is almost no object-load-stutter anymore when you move fast in an object-heavy environment with high grass settings. (e.g. speeding on hutta or belsavis grassy areas) There used to be stuttering while the FPS were constantly high.

Also the loading screens where you can already move around in the background while the game is loading models are almost gone. Very noticable when loading to fleet.

Objects pop up at a much longer range, if at all visible. Again fleet was very bad at this, especially in 140 player instances.

I really like these improvements.

Edited by Mubrak