No more base classes?

HelinCarnate

I will gladly be able to keep my level 65 bounty hunter, a bounty hunter. Not advanced class!

If I read it correctly you won't be able to keep it; as of tomorrow that class no longer exists. Upon logging into that character you will be prompted to choose either Mercenary or Powertech and will be unable to play that character until you do choose.

If I read it correctly you won't be able to keep it; as of tomorrow that class no longer exists. Upon logging into that character you will be prompted to choose either Mercenary or Powertech and will be unable to play that character until you do choose.

That is the way I read it as well.

Basically, they served their purpose. Now days.. it takes all of 15-20 mintues to level to 10 anyway, so removing such a transitory thing is good, especially since it allows them to do more things with advanced classes without having to deal with the "carry-over" of base skills. Now all skills will be specialized by class and discipline.

On a humorous note..... apparently, by their own admission of trolling fleet... we will have at least one less troll in game. :p

Edited by Andryah

That is the way I read it as well.

Basically, they served their purpose. Now days.. it takes all of 15-20 mintues to level to 10 anyway, so removing such a transitory thing is good, especially since it allows them to do more things with advanced classes without having to deal with the "carry-over" of base skills. Now all skills will be specialized by class and discipline.

On a humorous note..... apparently, by their own admission of trolling fleet... we will have at least one less troll in game. :p

Eh, the only people I know who did this were more mocking game difficulty.

I know one guy who did NiM Operations with his guild as a "buff the Raid bosses" protest rather than trolling.

They could just add titles for undermanning content or doing it with a debuff item, I'm sure that would satisfy the "hardcore!" crowd:rolleyes:.

Edited by AshlaBoga

As I posted many many moons ago (ahem) Biofail is getting rid of classes. Slowly but surely. Players will be like companions eventually, just with gear that actually does stuff. So you can be a "commando" with the skills of a "guardian".. That sort of thing. It sounds incredibly boring to me, but I'm sure that's what they are aiming for.

Game will die before that happens though. Like early next year.

Edited by BounceDK

As I posted many many moons ago (ahem) Biofail is getting rid of classes. Slowly but surely. Players will be like companions eventually, just with gear that actually does stuff. So you can be a "commando" with the skills of a "jedi".. That sort of thing. It sounds incredibly boring to me, but I'm sure that's what they are aiming for.

Stop being so cynical you dummy......the game will actually die mid next year.

As I posted many many moons ago (ahem) Biofail is getting rid of classes. Slowly but surely. Players will be like companions eventually, just with gear that actually does stuff. So you can be a "commando" with the skills of a "guardian".. That sort of thing. It sounds incredibly boring to me, but I'm sure that's what they are aiming for.

considering the changes are actually increasing specialization (for better or worse), I'm calling BS on that.

And BS on the game is dying early next year as well.

Edited by MadDutchman

I will gladly be able to keep my level 65 bounty hunter, a bounty hunter. Not advanced class!

Based on patch notes, no you won't.

All he has to do is never log in with it. If I had gone to the trouble to play through the game without an advanced class like that, I'd at least give it a while to make sure they aren't getting rid of it, maybe a year or so. Nobody is doing this sort of thing on their only character, after all.

Getting rid of them is such a lateral move for this game anyway, seems like a strange choice at this point and a why bother kind of thing to invest some time in. It may end up causing more problems than it fixes and get reverted, you never know.

All he has to do is never log in with it. If I had gone to the trouble to play through the game without an advanced class like that, I'd at least give it a while to make sure they aren't getting rid of it, maybe a year or so. Nobody is doing this sort of thing on their only character, after all.

Getting rid of them is such a lateral move for this game anyway, seems like a strange choice at this point and a why bother kind of thing to invest some time in. It may end up causing more problems than it fixes and get reverted, you never know.

Bioware is trying to simplify the game to make it more attractive to casual players, thereby increasing the number of subscribers, thereby increasing their income. (Whether that will work remains to be seen.) Changes like this, which do simplify the game and therefore fit their strategy, will not be reverted in the foreseeable future. So he has two options: pick an AC the next time he logs in, or abandon the character entirely. Either way he is never going to be able to play that character as just a "bounty hunter" in SWTOR again and the sooner he accepts that and moves on the better.