Well it looks like some of the new content for KOTET has been leaked.....

JessicaWolf

Can someone please explain to me how these guys one YouTube whose channels are called "Voice of the Emperor" and "IGN" have access to the new chapters and content ? They posts scenes of the new chapters spoiling a lot of stuff for us players. The new expansion has not even been released yet how do they have access to it ? Appreciate an explanaion ~ Edited by JessicaWolf

Media usually get early access to to games in order to make an early review and then post that on their sites in order to draw up attention to the game and the media sites. mostly through opinion on what it would be like along with some pictures and maybe a few spoken lines put in speech bubbles on the site. i have no idea of the relationship between the media and the game company that invited them, but it's possible that the media are not allowed to reveal many details and they may ask permission to release some bits of this future content.

i can't imagine the media flunking on their responsibility to the game company and post it all like that, they wouldn't be trusted in the game world if they did that.

There was some "polygon" event where IGN had an access. Given how bioware didn't announce this it must have been rather private or menial. Dunno about thhe voice guy but IGN has the capacity to be a sponsor or sumtin

I see so IGN could be a sponsor, makes sense somehow still it's worrysome that they had access to so much and that voice guy too. BW could have done that themselves if they wanted to show us teasers or so..

Media usually get early access to to games in order to make an early review and then post that on their sites in order to draw up attention to the game and the media sites. mostly through opinion on what it would be like along with some pictures and maybe a few spoken lines put in speech bubbles on the site. i have no idea of the relationship between the media and the game company that invited them, but it's possible that the media are not allowed to reveal many details and they may ask permission to release some bits of this future content.

i can't imagine the media flunking on their responsibility to the game company and post it all like that, they wouldn't be trusted in the game world if they did that.

I see but still so much posted so many spoilers ! They are somehow ruining the fun of the game to any players who are not careful to check out these videos and then get angry that it has been spoiled. I did not look at them I don't want to spoil anything for myself but the titles already spoiled a few things :/

I see but still so much posted so many spoilers ! They are somehow ruining the fun of the game to any players who are not careful to check out these videos and then get angry that it has been spoiled. I did not look at them I don't want to spoil anything for myself but the titles already spoiled a few things :/

well, the simple answer to this is to not go looking for details on ET. if you are not, then try ignore some of the titles in the youtube videos. otherwise there is not a lot you can do about it.

well, the simple answer to this is to not go looking for details on ET. if you are not, then try ignore some of the titles in the youtube videos. otherwise there is not a lot you can do about it.

I guess so but I posted it so that SWTOR support knows it too, that is if they ever check the forums ;3 and I was confused