Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

More Love interest choices for Women?

Kiradcattan

- SI, really struggling to recall a male from the story line aside from Andronikos.. my heart says Darth Marr ;)

There's that one Sith on Alderaan,

where Nikky encourages you to go for it while he gets busy with one of the Thranta handlers. I mean, he's kinda meh (from the POV of a straight guy playing female), but I guess you could go for it. Except I have this vague recollection that he pays the highest price somewhere.

And some people seem to have a thing for Harkun. :confused: :confused: :eek:

There's that one Sith on Alderaan,

where Nikky encourages you to go for it while he gets busy with one of the Thranta handlers. I mean, he's kinda meh (from the POV of a straight guy playing female), but I guess you could go for it. Except I have this vague recollection that he pays the highest price somewhere.

And some people seem to have a thing for Harkun. :confused: :confused: :eek:

Yeah, he becomes deader than dead iirc. Don't think it's even an option for your SI to save/protect him.

As for Harkun, I enjoy his VA. The same guy who does Arkous, Cytharat and General Rakton. I'd probably not want Harkun himself though, I prefer to make him cry and beg.

LOL. I love Theron and all, but whenever you get one of those long shots of him standing there I think to myself, "Damn, Theron. The 80's called and they want their shoulder pads back."

His coat is kind of ridiculous*. Why the shoulder pads? Why is it so short? Why can't Bioware make normal looking clothes?

*ETA: On the males. On the females those shoulders are not nearly as prominent and the jacket looks pretty nice.

Yeah I don't know what they were thinking with those puff-shoulders but they're downright tame for BioWare! Just be glad he's not decked out with a surfboard on each side like Darth Baras :D

BioWare just doesn't understand fashion or hairstyles.

Yeah I don't know what they were thinking with those puff-shoulders but they're downright tame for BioWare! Just be glad he's not decked out with a surfboard on each side like Darth Baras :D

BioWare just doesn't understand fashion or hairstyles.

I laugh every time Vash becomes a Darth in the Inquisitor's story because in one scene she looks normal, then the next scene, after she meets with the Council and becomes a Darth, she had shoulder pads that are as wide as she is long.

I imagine the conversation went like, "Congratulations, Zash. Here's your gigantic shoulder pads." And they pull them out of a box that's hiding behind one of their thrones.

I laugh every time Vash becomes a Darth in the Inquisitor's story because in one scene she looks normal, then the next scene, after she meets with the Council and becomes a Darth, she had shoulder pads that are as wide as she is long.

I imagine the conversation went like, "Congratulations, Zash. Here's your gigantic shoulder pads." And they pull them out of a box that's hiding behind one of their thrones.

I thought it was some unofficial Sith Order rule of the more important the Sith, the longer the shoulder pads.

I can just envision some Imperial officer hearing the scuttlebutt about an arriving Sith and that their shoulder pads are so long they have to go through the doors sideways and everyone's more twittery on their toes more than usual.

I thought it was some unofficial Sith Order rule of the more important the Sith, the longer the shoulder pads.

Always reminded me of the Time Lord High Council on Doctor Who, the more important they were the bigger their head/crest thing they wore seemed to be. Bigger is better right? ;)

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I romanced Theron at first, but he's a "Mary sue" The guy has no flaws at all, and seems pretty okay with everything you do. And when he's not, he still isn't exactly upset about the poor decisions you made.

I rerolled as I didn't want such a boring character as a LI.:rak_03:

But I guess it appeals to females, not much people will have something against someone "perfect"

Edited by Eshvara

I romanced Theron at first, but he's a "Mary sue" The guy has no flaws at all, and seems pretty okay with everything you do. And when he's not, he still isn't exactly upset about the poor decisions you made.

But I guess it appeals to females, not much people will have something against someone "perfect"

He has some pretty major flaws, actually. He's bitter about not being Force Sensitive. Workaholic. Mommy Issues. Abandonment Issues. Commitment Issues (for fear of being abandoned). He's a solitary character, by choice, because everyone he knows in his life has abandoned him. If you actually romance him and watch him from SoR to KotET, you can see his character evolve, which is pretty awesome.

Of course, most of these issues are brought up in the book, Annihilation, so if you haven't read it a lot of his characterization in game can look rather bland. Not your fault, obviously not. BW shouldn't rely on people acquiring knowledge about their characters from sources outside of their game.

He's not super duper broken like Arcann, but he's far from perfect.

Edited by AngFour

He has some pretty major flaws, actually. He's bitter about not being Force Sensitive. Workaholic. Mommy Issues. Abandonment Issues. Commitment Issues (for fear of being abandoned). He's a solitary character, by choice, because everyone he knows in his life has abandoned him. If you actually romance him and watch him from SoR to KotET, you can see his character evolve, which is pretty awesome.

Of course, most of these issues are brought up in the book, Annihilation, so if you haven't read it a lot of his characterization in game can look rather bland. Not your fault, obviously not. BW shouldn't rely on people acquiring knowledge about their characters from sources outside of their game.

He's not super duper broken like Arcann, but he's far from perfect.

I suppose I don't see the things you mentioned as flaws. What I mean is that Theron won't probably ever do something you'd disapprove of. Lana did and would, so does Koth and enough of the vanilla companions, but theron doesn't seem to.

I doubt you'll ever going to be in a situation that gets heated because theron did something. He never does anything! He is a "good" guy.

Edited by Eshvara

I suppose I don't see the things you mentioned as flaws. What I mean is that Theron won't probably ever do something you'd disapprove of. Lana did and would, so does Koth and enough of the vanilla companions, but theron doesn't seem to.

I doubt you'll ever going to be in a situation that gets heated because theron did something. He never does anything! He is a "good" guy.

Ah, I see what you're saying. In that case, yes. You are correct. He's very much about playing it safe.

Though I am highly disapproving of the fact that he's supposedly the "Best Spy the Republic Has to Offer" yet he's unable to find the one person in the galaxy who is probably the most easy to find (or at least find out ABOUT): Vector. Hive. Mind. Go up to a Joiner near House Cortess and ask about Vector. They should be able to point you in the right direction. LITERALLY POINT YOU THERE.

Newp. That's just crazy talk. More "important" things to do and worry about. Blizz needs more scrap metal and Qyzen needs more Wampa Buttholes. THAT'S what's truly important.:rolleyes:

Though that's not fair to blame Theron for that. Theron is written by BW, and BW came up with the stupid story. Or that lack thereof in the case of our missing spouses.

/rant (I will NEVER stop ranting about this. I will keep punching holes in that plot hole that's so big, a Stormtrooper can launch a missile through it AND NOT MISS.)

Sadly, this is true. Even if in your head-canon your character is 40 something and you gave them wrinklyface and grey hair, in the story they start out as a young, gifted padawan, sergeant, bounty hunter, initiate, etc... Pretty much the only case where the age range of the character isn't specifically mentioned as "young" is the Smuggler, if I remember correctly. A lot of people have a problem with the romance of Nadia and Ashara because it's seen as taking advantage of a much younger person, for example. Story-wise, though, those romances take place within a year or two of you being a padawan / apprentice. You're only a year or three older than they are... because BIOWARE WILLS IT SO!!! So, if you find the relationships disturbing you've only really yourself to blame.

It's not the age, it's the master/padawan dynamic and the apparently emotional immaturity of most of the women (only Kira seems remotely adult in any of her interactions). Sleeping with an emotionally adolescent Nadia or Ashara (or a bratty Jaesa) feels wrong to me, just like it did with Mako.

Hey still better then Rey from Episode 7.

It's not the age, it's the master/padawan dynamic and the apparently emotional immaturity of most of the women (only Kira seems remotely adult in any of her interactions). Sleeping with an emotionally adolescent Nadia or Ashara (or a bratty Jaesa) feels wrong to me, just like it did with Mako.

Kira and the JK is less Master/Padawan and more "You got promoted a few months before me and they said we'd work well together."

With that, they fall into what they've known...Master and Padawan.

Ashara and Jaesa you're teaching them the dark side while also the boss. I'd call it less teacher/student and more boss/employee.

Nadia is the one who feels most Master/Padawan and with her, you at least meet her long before that happens and I'd say her feelings for you like started developing long before the Master/Padawan situation.

Edited by SithKoriandr

The Bh and Mako relationship felt more appropriate as a Brother/Sister relationship in my opinion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.