A calculation about CXP

HawkOfDarkness

I am playing since the release on T3M4, but I post here because EA stopped the support for the German servers some years ago.

Ok, what do we know about CXP from posts and streams?

1) There are 300 levels

2) To get one CXP level will take ~1 hour

3) We will get one command crate with armor (green to legendary). Depends only from your luck during RNG. Don't know something about weapons?

4) CXP level is character specific

If you play 24 hours/day it takes 12,5 days to get CXP level 300 with one character. But how plays 24 hours a day?

So it is very simple:

Playtime per day CXP 300 after

1 h 300 days

2 h 150 days

3 h 100 days

4 h 75 days

5 h 60 days

6 h 50 days

7 h 73 days

8 h 37,5 days (you are now a professional SWTOR player)

10 h 30 days

So it takes at least one month if you play 10 hours a day. It is not a problem that it take some time to reach this level. If I am lucky I can do it in 100 -150 days for one character.

But I have 14 characters and there are a lot of people who have more than that.

So in year one after the update I will have one Republic and one Imperium character at CXP 300. And after 7 years of grind all my characters will be at CXP 300.

To do this I can grind the old content in a never ending DvL event and play the new uprising, KOTEF and KOTET again and again. For me playing the KOTET story one or two times were sufficient. Maybe I will do it one the other levels.

Especially if i can not influence what kind of equipment i will get by RNG command crates. Last time i used green equipment was at the start planet.

This is really stupid and frustrating. And the only solution EA have is to sell a 20% boost for faster grinding the old content. But hey I can save a year and it take only 6 years if I pay a lot of money.

I my opinion EA have really to rethink this strategy. It is not possible to handle several characters in a sufficient time.

And maybe it make sense to do something better with my time than grinding all characters to CXP 300 to put tem in green equipment.

Maybe I see everything a little bit hopeless and you have other opinion?

Simple solution:

Don't waste time with alts.

So a question. What about the LvD event where new players, who wanted to get to legendary status. They level 8 classes. They get to the point of not being to sure which they may enjoy more. Smuggler or PT. Now we have this new system coming out which run opposite of an event also created by BW and is limiting their "Choice" to play as they want to.

Do you honestly think this is a model for success?

Edited by Alphahorizon

Thanks for that well-thought-out response Swtordevolution.

Come now, it wasn't that hard to figure out.

So a question. What about the LvD event where new players, who wanted to get to legendary status. They level 8 classes. They get to the point of not being to sure which they may enjoy more. Smuggler or PT. Now we have this new system coming out which run opposite of an event also created by BW and is limiting their "Choice" to play as they want to.

Do you honestly think this is a model for success?

Pick the class you most like to play.

Play it.

Simple.

Edited by Swtorevolution

Dev said it could be less depending on the content you are doing. Also depending on how you play...

First thing in pre-release to do get a character to 70.

Evaluate at 70 what kind of CXP I get in FP / Warzones / Heroic Planet Missions / ETC... (Keep in mind elites give you CXP so my best bet is Heroic Planet Missions will give you the most if you are soloing content and even if you are with people. Also you can teleport directly and from each and everyone of them.)

Trust me People on reddit will find the quickest way to get a Level and if you can do it within 20 minutes... which I highly believe people will if you have ALTS just do a bit of reading or check yourself.

*Gasp*, what if they have no BiS for classes they enjoy? And they like multiple classes equally?

Oh no! No characters with the best gear in the game! How will people ever manage?! I know! Why don't you roll 13 other characters that don't have BiS gear!

But what good would that do? Those rerolls won't have BiS gear either!

Ummm I don't know! I don't even know what I'm talking about!

Well how can I possibly enjoy this game without BiS gear holding my hand?

But, didn't you level all those 14 characters without BiS gear?

Yeah, but I absolutely hate playing this game and I only leveled those characters for some silly achievement on a game I hate playing! Did I mention I absolutely HATE PLAYING THIS GAME and the only way I can even STAND to play this TERRIBLE GAME is with BiS gear?!

I am playing since the release on T3M4, but I post here because EA stopped the support for the German servers some years ago.

Ok, what do we know about CXP from posts and streams?

1) There are 300 levels

2) To get one CXP level will take ~1 hour

3) We will get one command crate with armor (green to legendary). Depends only from your luck during RNG. Don't know something about weapons?

4) CXP level is character specific

If you play 24 hours/day it takes 12,5 days to get CXP level 300 with one character. But how plays 24 hours a day?

So it is very simple:

Playtime per day CXP 300 after

1 h 300 days

2 h 150 days

3 h 100 days

4 h 75 days

5 h 60 days

6 h 50 days

7 h 73 days

8 h 37,5 days (you are now a professional SWTOR player)

10 h 30 days

So it takes at least one month if you play 10 hours a day. It is not a problem that it take some time to reach this level. If I am lucky I can do it in 100 -150 days for one character.

But I have 14 characters and there are a lot of people who have more than that.

So in year one after the update I will have one Republic and one Imperium character at CXP 300. And after 7 years of grind all my characters will be at CXP 300.

To do this I can grind the old content in a never ending DvL event and play the new uprising, KOTEF and KOTET again and again. For me playing the KOTET story one or two times were sufficient. Maybe I will do it one the other levels.

Especially if i can not influence what kind of equipment i will get by RNG command crates. Last time i used green equipment was at the start planet.

This is really stupid and frustrating. And the only solution EA have is to sell a 20% boost for faster grinding the old content. But hey I can save a year and it take only 6 years if I pay a lot of money.

I my opinion EA have really to rethink this strategy. It is not possible to handle several characters in a sufficient time.

And maybe it make sense to do something better with my time than grinding all characters to CXP 300 to put tem in green equipment.

Maybe I see everything a little bit hopeless and you have other opinion?

If you don't want to put forth the effort and time, you do not have to do so. No one is forcing you to do it.

If you want the rewards(those command crates), you'll have to put forth the effort to earn them.

If you are going to make vague threats about quitting this game, then feel free to move on to another game that will simply hand you what you want immediately and with little to no effort, provided you can find one.

I am not blaming that I want good equipment in a few hours or days. And I am also not saying I want quit the game if thy do not change that. I am think how I can play also my alts with sufficient gear. All my characters are in 216/220 gear and this took a longer time. With the changes I am afraid that I never have a chance to do it again.

Also I have the hope that it will be maybe not so bad as I calculated. But I am also afraid that with the RNG luck it will take over one year to put to get a good gear for one character. From my point of view this is a very long time, because with SWTOR 6.0 they will do the next changes and put the level to 500 or something.

I am not blaming that I want good equipment in a few hours or days. And I am also not saying I want quit the game if thy do not change that. I am think how I can play also my alts with sufficient gear. All my characters are in 216/220 gear and this took a longer time. With the changes I am afraid that I never have a chance to do it again.

Also I have the hope that it will be maybe not so bad as I calculated. But I am also afraid that with the RNG luck it will take over one year to put to get a good gear for one character. From my point of view this is a very long time, because with SWTOR 6.0 they will do the next changes and put the level to 500 or something.

I did not realize that it was impossible to play the game without BiS gear.

I'd expect that you will still have your 216/220 gear. I doubt that will be taken away from you. While it may not be BiS, it should be more than adequate since level sync is likely here to stay.

I did not realize that it was impossible to play the game without BiS gear.

I'd expect that you will still have your 216/220 gear. I doubt that will be taken away from you. While it may not be BiS, it should be more than adequate since level sync is likely here to stay.

Exactly.

I can see a main character that is playing OPs, HM FPs, and competitive PvP needing/wanting the best gear. But beyond that... the rest of this games content is pretty well tuned to NOT need the best gear. Even Uprisings are apparently tuned for mid range gear at 70 and a companion at 20 influence. The game remains alt friendly in 5.0, just without a pathway to welfare armor and weapons from tokens gathered on a main and not actually based on any real effort by the alt character in game.

If someone is in 216/220 already with a character, and is not a main (but rather an alt not doing top end difficulty content), personally I would just up the influence on the main companion and move on. If you happen to get something better in the way of gear great... gravy.

If they were boosting level cap by ten levels, to 75, then I could see some gear issues on alts. But this simply is not the case.

An unstated issue here I think is 4.0 made it too easy to gear alts with leftover tokens and now that this has passed, people are spoiled and don't want to actually analyze what they truly need for each character in their legacy that they will play. I doubt there are very many players that actually need more then one or two characters in the best gear that drops from GC crates. Alts can run fine in crafted/other-drop gear in my view. Bonus set top end gear is gravy, not the meal.

Edited by Andryah

Exactly.

I can see a main character that is playing OPs, HM FPs, and competitive PvP needing/wanting the best gear. But beyond that... the rest of this games content is pretty well tuned to NOT need the best gear. Even Uprisings are apparently tuned for mid range gear at 70 and a companion at 20 influence. The game remains alt friendly in 5.0, just without a pathway to welfare armor and weapons from tokens gathered on a main and not actually based on any real effort by the alt character in game.

If someone is in 216/220 already with a character, and is not a main (but rather an alt not doing top end difficulty content), personally I would just up the influence on the main companion and move on. If you happen to get something better in the way of gear great... gravy.

If they were boosting level cap by ten levels, to 75, then I could see some gear issues on alts. But this simply is not the case.

An unstated issue here I think is 4.0 made it too easy to gear alts with leftover tokens and now that this has passed, people are spoiled and don't want to actually analyze what they truly need for each character in their legacy that they will play. I doubt there are very many players that actually need more then one or two characters in the best gear that drops from GC crates. Alts can run fine in crafted/other-drop gear in my view. Bonus set top end gear is gravy, not the meal.

Unless you happen to enjoy PvP. Or play on multiple servers. Or enjoy playing different roles in combat. :t_mad:

Exactly.

You refuse to accept the notion that players may sometimes need to fill different rolls in the game. Real life issues made it so that some nights you are missing a tank, healer or dps for the operation that you want to do, and it is necessary for someone to switch to a character to fill a specific roll in order to play that night. That is only possible if players can gear alts.

In other cases, people might be on more than one ops team, and both teams might want to do the same content. Unfortunately, lockouts prevent a person from using the same character on both ops teams, and so it is necessary for them to gear multiple toons. Legacy gear helps with this if both characters are the same class, but some people like to heal on one team, and tank on another. Again, this creates a desire to gear multiple toons.

There are of course several more reasons why a person would want to gear multiple toons, and the fact that some people don't want to understand this is unfortunate, but that does not mean that the reasons do not exist.

MOST players will only require one set of legacy gear that may be shared across most alts.

SOME players may want three sets of legacy gear to cover the three roles.

FEW players need BiS relics, ear, and implants, and can use crafted / non-BiS until they happen to acquire BiS.

NO player is forced to min/max every character, that is a choice.

MOST players will only require one set of legacy gear that may be shared across most alts.

SOME players may want three sets of legacy gear to cover the three roles.

FEW players need BiS relics, ear, and implants, and can use crafted / non-BiS until they happen to acquire BiS.

NO player is forced to min/max every character, that is a choice.

As there wont be pretty much anything to do in the game ill find time for option 4, too :)

Mainly if we find and exploit, or rather a no-exploitable but very fast way to gain CXP

Trust me People on reddit will find the quickest way to get a Level and if you can do it within 20 minutes... which I highly believe people will if you have ALTS just do a bit of reading or check yourself.

This ^^^

Also, i think Bioware will be emergency patching to decrease the CXP weekly level cap next week :D

Edited by majopucik

You are a bad little jawa, Sir ! :D

Hehe thats whats fun in the game now and will be the main objective of most people right when 5.0 goes live!! To find a way to grind CXP, whether its killing Killiks on Alderran with a 24 man group, grinding Bestia adds in DP etc