PVE suggestion inspired by another game

Guanfei

Hi.

First, i'd like to apologize about my english, i lack vocabulary to explain precisely what i want, but i'll do my best to make it clear.

I had an idea, which already exist in another game (WoW): a sort of "army ship".

The idea would that after a mission, you would be awarded a commander title, and given a big ship, why not similar to guild ships. You'd start there with a small amount of troops and a poorly equiped ship.

From then, you would have to do daily/weekly missions to recruit more troops and get equipment for you ship. Some class or primary mission could give some too.

You could send your troops on mission on different planets, their efficiency and succeed rate depending on the number you'd send and their equipment. As they succeed, they gain experience and get a better equipment. They could start as simple recruits, and go all the way to elite soldiers.

Something nice would be, for exemple, if you send them on a mission, you could actually land on the planet they are, and help them on the field, allwing them to accomplish the mission quicker and better.

I mentionned ship equipment too. This is the second part. Sometimes, your ship could randomly be attacked by an enemy ship. That's were the equipment helps. With a better equipment (weapons, shield, armor, etc) it could defend itself. If it's not enough, the enemy will board your ship. From then, you'll have a certain amount of time to go back there and help. If you fail, you'll lose troops and your ship will have to be repaired, so you won't be able to use it for a certain amount of time.

And of course, you could customize your ship the way you want.

I know it's complicated but i hope it's clear. What do you think?

It's a unique idea, though I don't think it will happen. Our character's "Power base" is directly tied into the story, right now being the Alliance, which we can "grow" by doing Heroics for Alliance supply crates. While the idea does have potential, it doesn't really flow with the way things are going, and personally I'm fine with that. But who knows, maybe we'll see something like this after KOTET, where you, as the Commander of the Alliance, will helm its flagship (the Gravestone?) and can fortify it or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
So you're basically asking for Class Halls/Garrisons type structures in SWTOR with a mission table and some personalization options? Just seeing if I understood right.

That would be that, if i understand what you mean. A ship where you could recruit, launch missions and personalize.

A bit like the garrison in WoW, but with more personalization and troops instead of single heroes.

I like that idea in WoW, but it was poorly implemented. And it would make perfect sense in SWTOR, as your character is often commanding alliances, invasions, etc, through the story.

It's a unique idea, though I don't think it will happen. Our character's "Power base" is directly tied into the story, right now being the Alliance, which we can "grow" by doing Heroics for Alliance supply crates. While the idea does have potential, it doesn't really flow with the way things are going, and personally I'm fine with that. But who knows, maybe we'll see something like this after KOTET, where you, as the Commander of the Alliance, will helm its flagship (the Gravestone?) and can fortify it or something like that.

Even with a base it would still make sense. Especially since the Alliance base doesn't really evolve and isn't customizable. A more "personal" ship would be interesting, and maybe could take the place of your small ship.

You're supposed to be the commander of an alliance, and you're flying a small pile of iron while "commanding" an empty base.

It's a bit disappointing tbh. I don't know about KOTET, as i didn't start that part yet, but the base is a bit dull. And there's not many things to do on it.