The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

help me with vanguard

Izmalckov

it's link for powertech. I'm play vanguard.

I tired to draw analogies with rotation powertech. plus it is long.

The 3.0 guide for the Vanguard DPS rotation is still relevant (and should be relevant when 5.0 drops). Im not sure if the link is still in the PT guide, but you can find the 3.0 VG guide in my sig. The only difference really is the addition of Storm (Jet Charge) to the opener in the event you need to (which is almost never), and gearing which is faction neutral anyway.

The 3.0 guide for the Vanguard DPS rotation is still relevant (and should be relevant when 5.0 drops).

It won't be. With Pulse Cannon becoming instant, you can now use Shockstrike exactly on CD (10 uses in 90s instead of 9). This completely changes the rotation so you always have one GCD between each of your 15s abilities (Pulse Cannon replacement, Fire Pulse, Plasmatize, Incendiary Round and High Impact Bolt) for the drifting Shockstrike. This also means the 2p will always be drifting in the rotation, the 6p will be procced every 63s pre-alacrity and you will not be able to line up the 6p and Battle Focus without delaying it by 4 GCD every time.

All this means you can time average all the buffs since they are all drifting and will ultimately cover the whole rotation.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

It won't be. With Pulse Cannon becoming instant, you can now use Shockstrike exactly on CD (10 uses in 90s instead of 9). This completely changes the rotation so you always have one GCD between each of your 15s abilities (Pulse Cannon replacement, Fire Pulse, Plasmatize, Incendiary Round and High Impact Bolt) for the drifting Shockstrike. This also means the 2p will always be drifting in the rotation, the 6p will be procced every 63s pre-alacrity and you will not be able to line up the 6p and Battle Focus without delaying it by 4 GCD every time.

All this means you can time average all the buffs since they are all drifting and will ultimately cover the whole rotation.

Good point, for some reason I was thinking AP/Tactics, not Pyro/Plasmatech (even though Plasmatech was clearly stated in the original post). There will be a new rotation come 5.0, which I have written down somewhere and will use to get a new guide out (unless dulfy found someone who's playing more often than me to write it, which im perfectly fine with)

The 3.0 guide for the Vanguard DPS rotation is still relevant (and should be relevant when 5.0 drops). Im not sure if the link is still in the PT guide, but you can find the 3.0 VG guide in my sig. The only difference really is the addition of Storm (Jet Charge) to the opener in the event you need to (which is almost never), and gearing which is faction neutral anyway.

thank you bro.