To everyone who has cancelled their subscription

bambuka

it's funny how i keep reading the "i cancelled my subscription X days ago" quote.

The thing is you can't post on this forum without a current subscription to the game..

So much trolling in this place.

People keep comparing this game to wow, and complaining about how many things need to be added.... i love it the way it is now; sure, many improvments can be done, but wow can also be improved. And i'm sure tOR will get better by the time.

Just have fun and stop analyzing the game so much!

Edited by bambuka

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's funny how i keep reading the "i cancelled my subscription X days ago" quote.

The thing is you can't post on this forum without a current subscription to the game..

People keep comparing this game to wow, and complaining about how many things need to be added.... i love it the way it is now; sure, many improvments can be done, but wow can also be improved. And i'm sure tOR will get better by the time.

Just have fun and stop analyzing the game so much!

If you subbed with a credit card then cancelled, you can still post until the 30 days are over.

You need an active subscription - you can still cancel your subscription. I am active for the next 20 days or so.

And I have canceled my subscriptions.

There is a ridiculous lack of basic MMORPG features in the game. I have no clue why they chose to ignore everything.

If they implement what they need to I will reactivate.

Mal

You need an active subscription - you can still cancel your subscription. I am active for the next 20 days or so.

There is a ridiculous lack of basic MMORPG features in the game. I have no clue why they chose to ignore everything.

Mal

and yet you are still posting, if you realy quit the game go away and never come back

I cancelled and my subscription ends on the 19th of January. I can still post.

Obviously.

In every MMO I've ever subscribed to, I cancel my auto-sub everymonth. As soon as my 1 month of game time takes effect, I cancel. Then, I resub the following month.

I can still post on these forums and every other MMO forum I'm a part of.

Nice try though :D

Edit: You might ask why. Well, I'm paranoid. I don't want my credit card info "attached" to an account. Also, If I was to "expire" I don't want my wife to have to struggle for months over a silly $15 a month fee, sending in records of my expiration and such just to cancel.

Edited by baznasty

Mal

This is my thoughts:

I read where our 30 days that came with the game would not start counting till we activated our accounts via Subbing. However I had 27 days left it said when I subbed

Yesterday the game was down from 12pm my time till almost 9 pm....no compension of time lost again. (adding that the the que to sub, so I could play my free time, I am already down another day)

If they really listen and fix the basics all at one time. I am afraid the maintenance will be longer than my remaining game time

I will owe them money for fixing it :eek:

Edited by Kaarina

Perhaps they are simply holding on to their right to provide feedback and join discussions for suggestions with the hope that they can later resubscribe.

Don't class them as unwanted or portray them as whiners with nothing else to do, they may simply be interested in the further development of the game, but can not play the game as it is now for whatever reason they may have.

Valuable feedback is valuable feedback regardless of having an active subscription or not.

Edited by Narzeja

Why?

He wants to stay in touch with the community and see how the developers handle things from here. What's wrong with that?

nothing wrong with that, but still posting and QQ'ing about issues is rather stupid, he dosnt play the game anymore hes quit, so why complain about issues that no longer effect him

nothing wrong with that, but still posting and QQ'ing about issues is rather stupid, he dosnt play the game anymore hes quit, so why complain about issues that no longer effect him

Because he might resubscribe if those issues are fixed.

Derp.

People actually like the game and want it to be better. What is the best way to get the attention of a business? Stop giving them your money. Bioware sees people cancelling subs, maybe the will do a better job of addressing people's concerns.

This isn't hard to figure out, please use your brain.

Perhaps they are simply holding on to their right to provide feedback and join discussions for suggestions with the hope that they can later resubscribe.

Don't class them as unwanted or portray them as whiners with nothing else to do, they may simply be interested in the further development of the game, but can not play the game as it is now for whatever reason they may have.

Valuable feedback is valuable feedback regardless of having an active subscription or not.

Except that in long term that feedback has no value anymore since he's NOT PLAYING anymore...

Why?

He wants to stay in touch with the community and see how the developers handle things from here. What's wrong with that?

Fanboy Ideology 101:

Lesson Number 1 Only those that think the game is perfect should post.

Lesson Number 2 Make as many whiner posts about whiners whinning as you can.

Lesson Number 3 Never take the time to check to see if you can still post with a canceled sub before making a post calling people who say they canceled liars.

The fail is strong with this one. Not to mention it is not unheard of for certain players to always cancel their accounts every month or pay month to month with a game card. So having an active account boils down to nothing more than your current payment cycle and nothing more.

Except that in long term that feedback has no value anymore since he's NOT PLAYING anymore...

Why? Why should the feedback, ex. "the spells have a 0.5 delay", be less worth coming from a guy with no active subscription than coming from one with an active subscription?

If it's enough to tip the scales to make player X not subscribe, it is in particular very valuable feedback, not only for player X, as he may see the issue fixed at some point and return to the game, but also for BW as they can fix a problem and get another subscriber that way.

As if anyone cares what a few whiners think. Look at the critic scores, look at sub numbers.

LOLcritics.

Really, you're suggesting what the 'critics' have to say has any value? God knows how many games have ahd great reviews (or more often PREviews) only to turn out utter turkeys when played more than the couple of hours the 'critic' spent.

Sub numbers?

Frankly, I was surprised that Bioware only had 1m 'registered accounts' (that's not the same as subscriptions of course) some days after launch, given the ultra-hype they've been givingit for years and the large number of gamers who for months and years have been telling their guildies in other MMOs they'd be 'moving' to SWTOR.

In fact, on the basis of registered acounts, Rift was more successful at launch than SWTOR.

Edited by KerinKor

Why? Why should the feedback, ex. "the spells have a 0.5 delay", be less worth coming from a guy with no active subscription than coming from one with an active subscription?

If it's enough to tip the scales to make player X not subscribe, it is in particular very valuable feedback, not only for player X, as he may see the issue fixed at some point and return to the game, but also for BW as they can fix a problem and get another subscriber that way.

Because I think the whole picture is important, not just one problem. If you left for one problem you'll probably leave again sooner or later.

And when you're not in the game, you won' thave that whole picture.

And in all honesty, I think paying customers deserve most attention first. No offence, but I think that's just how it is.

If I would cancell my account I would probably also still check out the forums. So you do whatever you want, it's all good :)

It's just that I probably won't nag too much about me having left the game. I won't be missed and my opinion is just 1 opinion.

Edited by Gimano