Swap Character sex 5.0

TrixxieTriss

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been clear as what specifically makes things Disneyfied. Going from my friends who were in full wail and gnashing teeth mode, I figured it was making any future Star Wars films G-rated. As far as Revan goes, what was seen here in game was NOT my Revan who was a woman, so the guy claiming to be Revan was an imposter or delusional.

G-Rated?! That would have killed SW if that happened as it meant there would be no violence. That would have been messed up but then they do own Touchstone so that's their more adult oriented stuff so...

I'm still mad they made Revan no longer canon... :mad:

Why are we even arguing about this still.

We both know there are very easy and plausible ways to do it. I'm not going to keep arguing for the sake of arguing and repeating myself.

No. That's just it. We don't know if there is some easy way to do it. In fact, if it is easy to do and they could easily done it, then why haven't they, considering, they obviously don't care, since we've had the ability for same gender since Makeb.

If it was easy to do, I wouldn't see any reason for them not to do it.

Of course, now they would have to change parts of KotFE if they were to go back and change it so players can romance any companion they want regardless.

I've refuted all your arguments rationally, now you want to try and draw it out with "just because they have advanced technology, doesn't mean they've figured it all out"

I mean really, is that all you've got? It's a fictional world with spaceships, the force (Anikan was created by the force ;)) and bacta tanks and Darth Vader suits and you're trying to argue wether they've figured it out:rolleyes:

See, it's not about refuting arguments or not. This is not how coding works.

I always hated when i was asked to fix a bug of someone who wrote his/her code 5-10 years ago. You have no idea what they had in mind or where they are reusing their methods/functions/variables etc. Considering the tight budget and short timelines it was easier for me to write my own piece of code and try to call that instead of going through millions of lines of codes to figure out what the initial developer thought of.

For example, some of the dialogues as mentioned before are triggering based on the gender set during character creation. And based on that, if x = male , then dialogue 1/romance 1 else if x = female then romance 2 /dialogue 2.

In this case you will never have an option for x= male and romance 2/dialogue 2. In order to get this done you will need to recode and add conditions to enable that particular combination and you need to do this everywhere where these conditions are called.

And that has to be done throughout the game for all 8 classes. Not so simple anymore right?

I hope this clears a bit why BW said that this will not be done.

Edited by Alloou
Grammar

G-Rated?! That would have killed SW if that happened as it meant there would be no violence. That would have been messed up but then they do own Touchstone so that's their more adult oriented stuff so...

I'm still mad they made Revan no longer canon... :mad:

As much as my nerdly friends are generally reasonable people, sweet God upon High they are horribly prone to jumping to conclusions with our shared interests that if it was an Olympic event, they'd be sweeping the gold every time. For as much as they were deploring the buyout and went through the roof over the de-canonization of the EU as if the Disney Police would personally show up at their homes to confiscate any EU material they owned, it was a very begrudging admission that most of them liked Force Awakens.

As much as my nerdly friends are generally reasonable people, sweet God upon High they are horribly prone to jumping to conclusions with our shared interests that if it was an Olympic event, they'd be sweeping the gold every time. For as much as they were deploring the buyout and went through the roof over the de-canonization of the EU as if the Disney Police would personally show up at their homes to confiscate any EU material they owned, it was a very begrudging admission that most of them liked Force Awakens.

Well, making stuff past Episodes VI no longer canon is fine to me but prior to Episode I when George Lucas said it was canon that to me is a huge disrespect to the franchise. Turning them into legends when Vitiate/Valkorian was the whole reason Plagueis looked into the path of immortality and Plagueis is mentioned in Episode III yet the book about him was completely made no longer canon by Disney even though Plagueis is canon. They weren't thinking straight at all.

See, it's not about refuting arguments or not. This is not how coding works.

I always hated when i was asked to fix a bug of someone who wrote his/her code 5-10 years ago. You have no idea what they had in mind or where they are reusing their methods/functions/variables etc. Considering the tight budget and short timelines it was easier for me to write my own piece of code and try to call that instead of going through millions of lines of codes to figure out what the initial developer thought of.

For example, some of the dialogues as mentioned before are triggering based on the gender set during character creation. And based on that, if x = male , then dialogue 1/romance 1 else if x = female then romance 2 /dialogue 2.

In this case you will never have an option for x= male and romance 2/dialogue 2. In order to get this done you will need to recode and add conditions to enable that particular combination and you need to do this everywhere where these conditions are called.

And that has to be done throughout the game for all 8 classes. Not so simple anymore right?

I hope this clears a bit why BW said that this will not be done.

I never said it wasn't a time consuming job. But once that code has been identified (and yes, it's probably is a mess because the whole engines a mess), the job itself isn't that hard, but the time to do it and the monotony of doing all 8 classes would be large. It's why I suggested you get interns or plebs to do it. Isn't that what theyre for, to do the menial work that Devs don't want to do or dont need to do.

Obviously if there are other things that are more important, they would get done first, like everything that needs fixing and they still haven't bothered to do it. Which means this would never get done.

It's not about can they do it or wether it's possible to do it, it's about time, money, will and resources. So you're right it wouldn't be done, no matter how much I or others would like it. Doesn't mean it can't be done.

Still, no reason they can't allow a gender swap after the vanilla companion stories are completed.

Still, no reason they can't allow a gender swap after the vanilla companion stories are completed.

So when you finish all vanilla companion stories and have romanced vette as a male, start doing kotfe and meet vette again but you've gender swapped, will she remember you as a romanced companion from you being a previous male or will she see you as a "sister" friend?

Will the quest be as if they have never happened or reset? How would you make this scenario work as there are love interests that have returned?

Edit: typing on phone and auto correct isn't behaving proper, some things gs might not make sense .:rak_02:

Edited by Eshvara

-SNIP -

I never said it's not doable. The real question would be: Is it really worthwhile?

BW has not released any new planet / daily hub/ OP / FP / Decent pvp map for more than 2 years.Only thing we got in KotFE is a watered down story with some new places which we cannot visit again like the swamp, asylum etc.

The only new content we got was Star Fortresses and a base in Odessen which looks more like the size of a cantina instead of a real planet. And ofc the rescaling of all the lovely planets,H2s, OPs etc that we already did when we were leveling.

Even if they somehow found the budget to get something extra done, would you rather have them develop something new or go through all the code to allow the gender change?

Imo, i would vote for the former, but it all comes down to personal preference i guess.

So when you finish all vanilla companion stories and have romanced vette as a male, start doing kotfe and meet vette again but you've gender swapped, will she remember you as a romanced companion from you being a previous male or will she see you as a "sister" friend?

Will the quest be as if they have never happened or reset? How would you make this scenario work as there are love interests that have returned?

Edit: typing on phone and auto correct isn't behaving proper, some things gs might not make sense .:rak_02:

Would it be any different from those who bought a lvl 60 token and chose to do the Sith warrior class? There'd be no love interest there as it never would have existed to begin with and you'd just be friends with Vette like my male Sith Warrior did.

I never said it's not doable. The real question would be: Is it really worthwhile?

BW has not released any new planet / daily hub/ OP / FP / Decent pvp map for more than 2 years.Only thing we got in KotFE is a watered down story with some new places which we cannot visit again like the swamp, asylum etc.

The only new content we got was Star Fortresses and a base in Odessen which looks more like the size of a cantina instead of a real planet. And ofc the rescaling of all the lovely planets,H2s, OPs etc that we already did when we were leveling.

Even if they somehow found the budget to get something extra done, would you rather have them develop something new or go through all the code to allow the gender change?

Imo, i would vote for the former, but it all comes down to personal preference i guess.

Um, we got two pvp maps, Odessen Proving Grounds may not be decent but the other one was cool looking, from KOTFE and the Eternal Championship dailies. Arcaan destroyed Asylum so that's why you can't return and I have gotten back to the swamps on Zakuul, can't remember how but I did.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Would it be any different from those who bought a lvl 60 token and chose to do the Sith warrior class? There'd be no love interest there as it never would have existed to begin with and you'd just be friends with Vette like my mail Sith Warrior did.

So everything would be as it has never happened then? Sure , if that's what appeals to people just for a gender swap maybe that could work.

I still don't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to bother instead of just making an alternative toon of preferred gender.

Won't buying a 60 token just be enough too? But then again come kotet and the gearing changes, maybe not.

The Advanced class change made by someone is a good idea though:rak_03: I'd like that! And AC doesn't have any effect on the story!

Edited by Eshvara

So everything would be as it has never happened then? Sure , if that's what appeals to people just for a gender swap maybe that could work.

I still don't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to bother instead of just making an alternative toon of preferred gender.

Won't buying a 60 token just be enough too? But then again come kotet and the gearing changes, maybe not.

I'm not sure either as it's not what I want to do. I was just asking if it would be any different from that cause I don't know I never used my free one...

Good reasoning as always.

Seriously why do you only ever throw in your little -1 anyway, I can understand opposing viewpoints but at least explain why you disagree. Sometimes it's funny and all but when you do it on every occasion it gets old.

Maybe a way to avoid confrontation?

Um, we got two pvp maps, Odessen Proving Grounds may not be decent but the other one was cool looking, from KOTFE and the Eternal Championship dailies. Arcaan destroyed Asylum so that's why you can't return and I have gotten back to the swamps on Zakuul, can't remember how but I did.

I am sorry but i found the pvp map added dreadful (my opinion).

And the EC? That's 1 quest. Reach level 5,7 and 10 in a round room? When i am saying daily hub i mean Ziost, Section X etc where you have open world, roam around and decide which dailies you are willing to do or not. But ofc that means they need to develop a new area/planet.

I am sorry but i found the pvp map added dreadful (my opinion).

And the EC? That's 1 quest. Reach level 5,7 and 10 in a round room? When i am saying daily hub i mean Ziost, Section X etc where you have open world, roam around and decide which dailies you are willing to do or not. But ofc that means they need to develop a new area/planet.

With EC they are repeatable daily if I remember correctly. That says daily to me at least.

With EC they are repeatable daily if I remember correctly. That says daily to me at least.

What i meant that we got 1 daily (not that it is not repeatable :p, i didn't make myself clear :) ). And yes, i was referring to that 1 repeatable quest that we got in a whole expansion.

Compare that with what we got before:

Ziost planet hub

Rishi planet hub

Yavin 4 planet hub

Oricon planet hub

Makeb planet hub

Section X planet hub

Even CZ 198 had a daily hub center

And now we get a round room with 10 levels.

Edit: By the way i think we are derailing Trixie's post about the Sex Swap option :)

Edited by Alloou

What i meant that we got 1 daily (not that it is not repeatable :p, i didn't make myself clear :) ). And yes, i was referring to that 1 repeatable quest that we got in a whole expansion.

Compare that with what we got before:

Ziost planet hub

Rishi planet hub

Yavin 4 planet hub

Oricon planet hub

Makeb planet hub

Section X planet hub

Even CZ 198 had a daily hub center

And now we get a round room with 10 levels.

Edit: By the way i think we are derailing Trixie's post about the Sex Swap option :)

Lol! Yeah. :) oops! Sorry Trixie. :p

Haven't seen her get upset when people have romanced Lana?

Haven't seen her get upset when people have romanced Lana?

I'm pretty sure you can break up with her in case you choose Lana, there should be a dialogue for that. I haven't seen it so I can't really say if she gets upset or not.

I think most people chose Jaesa over Vette and she isn't back yet so yah.

Edited by Eshvara

This should NEVER be an option in any game, same goes for species/race change. You made the choice to be a male Zabrak Knight you should have to live with that. No leveling up then switching to a female Mirialan. There need to be permanent choices and your gender is one of them. I hope BW never allows gender swapping. Live with your choice.

It never will be an option, so put your mind at ease. They've said it's too much work on more than one occasion. Example:

Character customization will not allow for players to switch their gender. Although this seems like a simple appearance change there are a lot of factors tied to gender in our game. Gender affects everything from gear selection all the way to companion romance and dialogue choices throughout the game.

Hope that answers your question!

Proponents of a gender change option can and will bend and twist such statements into "not being a big deal, you just gotta X, then Y" or "yeah well Bioware has changed their minds before!", but just let them. Smashing someone's dream is cruel.

...and if Quinn isn't into Males...?

I don't agree with making all comps open to any form of romance, as much like real life, not everyone is bisexual, and not everyone is straight, people have different likes or interests and I can only see very few vanilla companions being bisexual, IE Kaliyo. Story> a selective amount of player interests, I would much rather have the story fit the user than it bend to the person.

It wasn't immensely popular when Bioware made every romanceable companion in Dragon Effect 2 bisexual. Quite the opposite. Which is probably the reason they haven't repeated it since.

It wasn't immensely popular when Bioware made every romanceable companion in Dragon Effect 2 bisexual. Quite the opposite. Which is probably the reason they haven't repeated it since.

Having everyone bisexual is a poor choice imho. In Swtor there are certain characters that fit well as gay, straight and bi. Unfortunately all vanilla characters are straight. I think theron and Lana fit fine as bi, but I don't think it does for Koth. Maybe that's my opinion. I always thought he was female only until about last month ;p

I think they did a great job in DA inquisition with the romance and sexualities. Wish I could romance Cole though! Never gonna happen :rak_03:

Don't know what Dragon Effect 2 is but I still find that messed up that they didn't make story companions flirtable for both male and female to begin with because that was highly unfair to the LGBT community. I for one didn't like that I play male characters and the only people I was allowed to flirt with were females. I felt very offended by that. I was thrilled when I played RotHC and was able to flirt with the male pure blood Sith only to be disappointed that it didn't get very far cause you either sacrifice him and he dies or if you save him he is severely injured and ends up leaving you either way. Then Theron came along and then you mostly got the same idea and when I saw he had returned for KOTFE and you could enter a romantic relationship with him I was thrilled but that still doesn't compensate for the disappointment I still feel that I was not able to do so with my class companions. I'd have enjoyed a bit of drama if one of my male love interest had come back and met my new love interest Theron but I'm denied that because it wasn't available unlike those who got to do that with their female companions they romanced if they are male or their male companions if they are female. That's like a swift kick in the balls to me for being gay.

Add-on: Not to mention but say if my Sith Warrior had romanced Malavai Quinn his betrayal to me and the difference that may have made to his betrayal to the Sith Warrior would have been so much of an interesting situation.

Edited by DarthEnrique