HM Flashpoints ARE BROKEN. Need a NERF or take them out of DvL events

Christie_Swift

See:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9102099#post9102099

TO any DEV:

There are days...yes "entire whole days" that nobody queue up for HM flashpoints. Put aside the complexity of HMs nature for a min and at least focus on that topic.

Why is there is nobody doing them? All I know is that most people are not happy with incentives. Why do it when you can do "easier and much more populated" tact versions. The system is broken. I have not seen other MMOs that have a failed PvE queue system and just putting some light on the subject from that perspective.

To those who say why dont you do it with a guild? I do that as well. Even in my guild most people wont touch it. If you have any guild that does them frequently send an invite to change my mind. However, these are not a function of a guild but of a broken PvE queue system beyond broken.

Thanks!!!

To those who say why dont you do it with a guild? I do that as well. Even in my guild most people wont touch it. If you have any guild that does them frequently send an invite to change my mind. However, these are not a function of a guild but of a broken PvE queue system beyond broken.

What *exactly* is the queue system supposed to do if only one player queues? Or if nobody ever queues as Tank for content designed for bass, drum, and two guitars ... oops ... Tank, Heal, and two DPSes?

The queue system isn't broken. The flashpoints themselves aren't, as such, broken. Or, at least, what you've described doesn't tell me that they are. What do your guildies say when you ask them *WHY* they won't do HMFPs?

Do the mechanics not work correctly? Are there gaps in the maps where you fall into a Portal-style perpetual fall?

No? Then they aren't broken. (That's a little simplistic. I know there are ... issues ... surrounding Blood Hunt in any mode, even Solo, and that those issues are sufficiently obnoxious to be considered "broken" by some people.)

Perhaps they are just harder than people want to bother with right now.

See:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9102099#post9102099

TO any DEV:

There are days...yes "entire whole days" that nobody queue up for HM flashpoints. Put aside the complexity of HMs nature for a min and at least focus on that topic.

Why is there is nobody doing them? All I know is that most people are not happy with incentives. Why do it when you can do "easier and much more populated" tact versions. The system is broken. I have not seen other MMOs that have a failed PvE queue system and just putting some light on the subject from that perspective.

Thanks!!!

Like I said in other threads, HM FPS are fine, easy and dont need nerfs! Yes they have terrible drops/rewards but they r old stuff, so they are neglected, just like operations. BW is just waiting to let out 5.0 to forget HM FPS totally.

I am on TRE and queued solo tank HM FP Oct30 and Oct31 and both days I didn't wait more than 5 minutes. Not broken.

Edit> Also I finished Blood Hunt HM with PUG on both days. I think it's worth mentioning.

Edited by Deaconik

Speaking from a SWTOR Beta guild, with about two decades experience in MMOs - I'm not going to sugar coat it for you puggers: The problem is the Dark vs Light event is the HM Flashpoints really don't go well with it, at all. My guild loathed having to do them again, especially the 3.0+ ones. The vast majority of players strongly don't like doing them, as well indicated on the forums. The 3.0 on flashpoints are too difficult for most players, namely puggers. The rewards to them are incredibly lousy, especially for the all the effort put into it.

I don't know how it's going on "The Red Eclipse" or other European servers, but in North America pugging HM Flashpoints is horrid; meaning pugging it without any guild mates. I tried it on many of them and won't ever bother again. Honestly, finishing Legendary tier is blatantly an elitist thing, as the vast majority aren't going to be able to complete it. However, if BioWare doesn't make change HM Flashpoints difficulty now, during the event when it matters most, don't expect people to care about them later if positive change does happen.

Puggers, who don't get it;

Players already in active guilds/ raiders with the great gear, superior means of quick-response communication/ Teamspeak, Ventrilo, etc., and a lot of experience doing various objectives with other guildmates (seen many who have already finished the event) will always say: NO / nothing is wrong, leave it as it is, and keep the status quo. They want to make the Legendary tier reward as elite as possible. -Therein lies the real problem with HM Flashpoint reform during the event, when it appears to need it most.

Hope for change from a company that is utterly indifferent to anything that isn't next months cartel pack projected earnings, or get into a great active guild. Your call.

Edited by Willjb

Hey man, just wait for the weekend when it's busy. Did you try going to Fleet and actually asking for people to join group with you? Building a group yourself is a good skill to learn, but you have to just jump in and do it or you won't become good at it. It's fairly effortless once you get a lot of practice at it.

It might also be that you're on a weakly populated server. A server transfer will probably cost you 1000 Cartel Coins and can be started at https://account.swtor.com/user/account/transfer

You should go read: . . Character Transfer FAQ

Harbinger is probably still the most well-populated server.

Edited by anonnn

What *exactly* is the queue system supposed to do if only one player queues? Or if nobody ever queues as Tank

World of Warcraft implemented a special rewards system for class roles in high demand.

For example, if people are queueing as heals and damage dealers, but nobody is queueing as a tank, the groupfinder menu will advertise a special "bag of goodies" for the next tank to join a group and complete the instance. In WoW, these bags of goodies usually contain rare mats, gear, or even a mount.

The system works. Special rewards are coveted.

But of course, their dungeons aren't "broken" the way OP claims ours are. So we might need a combination of nerfs and special rewards to lure the playerbase back into HM flashpoints.

Hmm.. the 3.0 cycle HM FPs are definitely a step up in difficulty from the 2.0 cycle HMs. I completed all my 25x achievements for the 3.0 HMs, during that cycle, with only pugs (except for Mokan.. grr..), including groups where one or two players needed to be taught more than just the mechanics to be able to get through it, so I would hardly call them impossible, but I did notice them become more problematic once the DvL event started.

I suppose this is probably not the case on the few populated servers out there, but after the 90CC transfers, I could be queued as a tank or healer for hours without ever getting a pop.. until DvL started.. and suddenly things picked up again, as the queue got filled with lvl50s in their lvl30 gear, often with several empty slots, often queued as tank (or sometimes healer) when they were, in fact, not a tank (or healer).

One good player with the ability to clearly convey instructions can carry a group like that through Athiss HM or Hammer Station or Mando Raiders.. eh.. I'd say one excellent ranged dps with the ability to respec to heal can carry a mediocre group through something like blood hunt--and yeah, I can explain how I did it.. figure out with what class/spec I could carry DvL pugs through my Legendary achievement, but in the end it all comes down to how many experienced players you have left in the queue.

Every other player I know who is at my level (or higher) in this sort of content, has done these achievements with their guild, because pugs are too much of a pain, too big a chance that it will fall apart for too little a reward. Now I play these things in pugs because I do not have or want another guild than the one I share with my partner (who is not interested in Legendary or grinding out HM FPs), but the (sadly very few) times that I did go along with a guild run, it was a fun and smooth experience.

So should they be made easier so that pugs can complete them most of the time? I'm on the fence regarding that.. though I wonder if perhaps 5.0 gearing will mitigate the problem somewhat. A good player in poor gear will out-perform an.. inexperienced (in this content, specifically) player in good gear.. but rather carry that player in good gear than in pitiful greens.. :p

it works fine, most people dont want to do with random pugs cause most of then cant be bothered to learn mechanics and stop standing im stupid

All hm are doing doable in 208 pvp gear baring batte of rishi and bloodhunt, and maybe first boss of assualt of tython,

Those need people know what there doing and how to play toon and meet dps requirements, they already all been nerfed alot it quality of people knowing there toon and how to meet dps requirement that is the issue.

Edited by Kyuuu

If I had anything to suggestions about tweaking the HM FPs it's maybe just add a 1/2 sec duration on both Assault on Tython and Blood Hunt first boss AoEs because the wipe rate is really frustrating, or maybe do a slight nerf on the burst dmg caused by them. Also Battle for Rishi final boss is HUGE strain on healers who dont have full 224 gear so...do something about the constant dmg maybe?

I gave up on the final rank for DvL because my only option was to pug these FPs and it's very much like pissing in the wind for what, a mount? Nah i'll pass thx :p