Lightsaber Pike

So the Pikes are going for 100m at the absolute least, they generally hover around 150. If you want more figures, this is 100% pathetic. Creating a new & cool weapon that has been sought after since the launch of KotFE & allowing only an infinitesimally small number of individuals to possess it is entirely unfair & it reeks of greed through microtransactions.

I sincerely hope that the Pike will make its way to the CM as a direct purchase. It's not as if we are asking it for free, we are willing to pay for it. But against these odds it is insulting.

So the Pikes are going for 100m at the absolute least, they generally hover around 150. If you want more figures, this is 100% pathetic. Creating a new & cool weapon that has been sought after since the launch of KotFE & allowing only an infinitesimally small number of individuals to possess it is entirely unfair & it reeks of greed through microtransactions.

That's a low end price. I've seen them going for as high as 200m.

That's a low end price. I've seen them going for as high as 200m.

400m on my server. ^^ Managed to snag the first one that ever came up on the gtn for 19m though. Pure luck. ^^ Still think it's a unique enough weapon (far more so than the Kylo-saber stuff) to warrant a version in the CM. (Also, vibro pikes because awesome.)

The problem is these weapons have been desired since the teaser trailer for KotFE. It has nothing to do with the "Senya Inspired Lightsaber Pike", which is BS anyway because she was holding a pike for less than a minute & I doubt it was hers anyway. She owned a lightsaber & she did not seem to have it at the time, which is why she had to grab the Yellow crystal lightsaber from the battlefield when Vaylin stole "her" pike.

The rarity of these items is utterly ridiculous. It would be fair to see a variation of it placed within the CM for direct purchase.

Listed price =/= sale, i've seen items up for sale for 60M and the same item sitting in GTN and not selling after 2 days for 20M.

My only beef is that BW allows these prices and then nerfs heroics because of the game economy, completely absurd.

As long as in say 3 months, less rare versions of the pike are available i would call it working as intended.

It is a merely vanity item. You don't NEED it to play the game, you merely want it. And if it's not a necessity, you should pay very dearly for it.

It's good that not everyone and their moms will run around with the same gear. I'm all for diversity tho, so they should probably add other pikes to the game, although if more easily to obtain it shouldn't look as cool.

It is a merely vanity item. You don't NEED it to play the game, you merely want it. And if it's not a necessity, you should pay very dearly for it.

It's good that not everyone and their moms will run around with the same gear. I'm all for diversity tho, so they should probably add other pikes to the game, although if more easily to obtain it shouldn't look as cool.

Why can't it look as cool? It should be different, but not any less appealing. The mentality of a direct purchase for something that's not as cool is exactly the kind of RNG Cartel Market thinking that pushes their agenda. You sure you don't work for them?

Why can't it look as cool? It should be different, but not any less appealing. The mentality of a direct purchase for something that's not as cool is exactly the kind of RNG Cartel Market thinking that pushes their agenda. You sure you don't work for them?

Why should it look as cool?

Why shouldn't a Ferrari look cooler than a Yugo?

Why should a Chevy look as cool as a Lamborghini?

I sincerely hope that the Pike will make its way to the CM as a direct purchase. It's not as if we are asking it for free, we are willing to pay (a pittance)for it. But against these odds it is insulting.

Fixed that for you.

I think a pike should be made available on the CM but it should be inferior in quality to Senya's. The point of Senya's is that it's a special ultra-rare item; adding a similarly aesthetic one to the CM is thus self-defeating. Of course I was fortunate enough to get Senya's pike in my only hypercrate so I'm probably biased but I really don't see the point of making a similar-quality pike available directly on the CM. Certainly have one, but less aesthetic and more generic - reflecting the fact that it is essentially a general item.

Not exactly. I never stated or implied what price I'd like to see for it.

Are you willing to pay the cost that many who have obtained one of those lightsaber pikes out of a pack paid? Are you willing to pay the AVERAGE of what those who have obtained a lightsaber pike from packs have paid? Are you willing to pay the cost of a hypercrate, or several hypercrates?

I highly doubt that most who want to direct;y purchase a lightsaber pike are. In fact, the number I saw was 1000-1500 CC"s. That, IMO, is a pittance.

EDIT: Whoever posted that "suggested price" of 1000-1500 CC's edited their post to remove that "suggested price". I wonder why.

Edited by Ratajack