Wz passes removed from the cm???

JohnnyGunman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I just noticed that WZ passes as well as OPS passes appear to no longer be on the CM.

Am I missing something or what???

You aren't wrong- are they frelling insane? I don't use either but they are a major source of revenue both as from Preferred and from Subs selling it on the GTN, they are one of the most reliable means of CCs to credits.

Just what the frell...

You aren't wrong- are they frelling insane? I don't use either but they are a major source of revenue both as from Preferred and from Subs selling it on the GTN, they are one of the most reliable means of CCs to credits.

Just what the frell...

IKR! I'm like WTH!!????

Can Eric clarify just wth is going on here?

Since preferred won't be able to gear for max lvl pvp, my guess is they are removing the restriction for low and mid level pvp and keeping it for max lvl where anyway only subs can do it.

That seems logical, except that removing prefs ability to pvp would be the single worst thing they could do.

Well it could be a bug but at the same time these are items that won't be useful in 5.0 anymore so maybe they are phasing them out. Chances are they'll be replaced with something else that fits 5.0 but I can see why these particular items will no longer be useful.

So either it's a bug or it makes sense but why they didn't tell anybody? Well, BWA and communication right?

i just checked the CM-all the weekly passes are gone, not just the wz ones, I am a sub right now so it doesnt affect me really, but an explanation wouldnt hurt. I guess with wzs as someone said they might remove the restrictions for lowbies, 65 pref and ftp wont be able to get the gear anyway and either way its not a secret you can bypass the whole thing by just grouping up with somene and they que the group instead of you.

Removing the fps pass though makes no sense, as eric stated that fps are still gonna drop gear-at least lowbie gear, so unless they remove the restriction there too, it makes no sense to remove the weekly pass.

currently dont have a theory for the ops pass.

Edited by LadyHF

i just checked the CM-all the weekly passes are gone, not just the wz ones, I am a sub right now so it doesnt affect me really, but an explanation wouldnt hurt. I guess with wzs as someone said they might remove the restrictions for lowbies, 65 pref and ftp wont be able to get the gear anyway and either way its not a secret you can bypass the whole thing by just grouping up with somene and they que the group instead of you.

Removing the fps pass though makes no sense, as eric stated that fps are still gonna drop gear-at least lowbie gear, so unless they remove the restriction there too, it makes no sense to remove the weekly pass.

currently dont have a theory for the ops pass.

Seriously, they should have told us they were doing this and why- obviously there's a reason and letting things stretch on, even if they're going to tweak for 5.0, it makes no sense to remove them for now because that's a whole month and a bit they're depriving themselves of weekly pass revenue that frustrates the players who use and sell them.

The idealist in me says this means they are removing the restrictions for pre-70 content.

The cynic in me says they're doubling down on "sub or get the **** out" in yet another way.

The programmer in me says it's a bug.

The psychologist in me says there was a miscommunication and someone took it out by mistake.

The food in me says mmm, hunger satisfied. Food good.

Most likely they are removing them now so people don't spend money on them and then complain that they were ripped off when 5.0 drops.

It's not uncommon for games to remove new purchases of things in advance of something that will be impacted negatively by upcoming changes.

I imagine they'll bring them back in a different form that's better suited to the post 5.0 world when it goes live.

I wouldn't surprise me in the least if they want to enforce SUB only. But then they end up making everyone that bought into their CM store very angry and cheated. Or it could be they are removing the restriction and are allowing people to play OPS, PVE, PVP, GSF, Space Missions for free. But I really doubt it. No way would EAWare remove the very thing that allows them to produce more money for their pockets. I think they want to compete with WOW all over again with Sub.

It's not uncommon for games to remove new purchases of things in advance of something that will be impacted negatively by upcoming changes.

You must be new. BW never tells the community in advance. They like keeping things to themselves until the last minute.

Edited by DarkEcIipse

it could be they are removing the restriction and are allowing people to play OPS, PVE, PVP, GSF, Space Missions for free.

Possible, no reason to not allow those players to participate in that content as they can't gear through it anyway.

Much more likely they've removed them for the following;

- It's a bug / error.

- They're changing it to GC passes to allow access to all of the above content and increasing the price for doing so.

The idealist in me says this means they are removing the restrictions for pre-70 content.

The cynic in me says they're doubling down on "sub or get the **** out" in yet another way.

The programmer in me says it's a bug.

The psychologist in me says there was a miscommunication and someone took it out by mistake.

The food in me says mmm, hunger satisfied. Food good.

they really would like to go back to a subscription model with the cash shop. they are working their way back there but I think it will go over like a fart in church. Not well received.

That seems logical, except that removing prefs ability to pvp would be the single worst thing they could do.

I don't want ungeared people on my team for any activity PvP or PvE. They will be unable to contribute properly. If you want to play in 5.0 you need to be subbed.

I am surprised if the passes are gone a month early though.

Edited by annabethchase

Actually, what would be a positive change is giving F2P/Pref unlimited access to Ops, Warzones, etc. and selling a GC pass if they want gear. That way it will make pops happen much more frequently / easier to get groups for ops and BW can still make money off of GC passes.

Actually, what would be a positive change is giving F2P/Pref unlimited access to Ops, Warzones, etc. and selling a GC pass if they want gear. That way it will make pops happen much more frequently / easier to get groups for ops and BW can still make money off of GC passes.

I don't want a pop with a guy not geared for the content. Hard pass on that plan.

They'd have to break it down to a GC pass, plus other optional passes. Otherwise, there's already a GC pass, it's a subscription.

I mean, yeah, you could theoretically have shorter time GC passes, but that's effectively saying "sub for a day or a week." Which they clearly aren't interested in, or they'd sell time cards denominated in less than month increments.

was obvious that they'd do this with the new system. Still sucks. BW you're making a gigantic mistake and you will pay for it, turn back before it's too late

PS: I hope you are going to issue refunds, cause this is totally unacceptable.

Maybe they're making warzone's free for all unlimited!!!

Prolly not, but if hope so. All the passes sucked either way and f2p players couldn't afford them. I never got what the point was.

I remember in one of their blogs them mentioning that they were going to be available without limit, either this year or last. but that never got implemented.

Edited by Eshvara

- They're changing it to GC passes to allow access to all of the above content and increasing the price for doing so.

Yeah i thinking this as well you get one global pass that lets you do everything.

It will be interesting to see what other changes are coming to the ftp/sub model.