Gearing Changes in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wanna know what the DEV's plan for the random gear loot through the galactic command system.

As a DPS Guardian I have no use for healing gear, do I have to grind to the next level to 'maybe' get a chance at my class gear? Or what if you want to complete your armor set, you miss for example just the earpiece, do you need to keep your fingers crossed for another chance at a new loot box?

Commendations where good to complete armor and 'customize' the set we want.

How do you plan to solve that (question for Eric Musco) now that the commendations are being abolished.

Kind regards, a worried (loyal) player

You should read through the dev tracker for more info. Drops will at least be advanced class specific. So no Jugg healer gear, only DPS or tank gear.

Yes, there will be a weekly cap. However this cap is not being put in place to halt or slow progression in anyway. The purpose of the cap is a safeguard should some exploit or bug crop up which allows people to gain CXP in an unintended way. I can assure that cap will be really, really high!

-eric

Hey Eric,

1. Can you tell us exactly how high the weekly cap is, or when we can expect to obtain that information in an official announcement?

2. When will we get an official announcement about what content gives how much CXP?

3. As a whole, will there be another livestream, series of forums announcements, or other official method announcing more information about this system and gearing in general?

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

I was asking for specifics.

~ Eudoxia

And, she's right to do so.

Right now, we don't know how the devs view, oh, say the factional grinds. If maxing Gree weekly influence (for instance) is considered "high" than "really, really high" would be questionable for what you, she, or I would consider "normal."

And, I'm a non-casual casual.

And, she's right to do so.

Right now, we don't know how the devs view, oh, say the factional grinds. If maxing Gree weekly influence (for instance) is considered "high" than "really, really high" would be questionable for what you, she, or I would consider "normal."

And, I'm a non-casual casual.

The reputation caps are exactly what I'm thinking of.

We don't officially know how much each op, GSF daily, etc will reward. The rumored numbers indicate that something like the 12000 XP cap for each reputation type would be difficult to achieve on one toon in a week, as far as I can tell. You might be able to by doing every heroic, GSF daily, PvP daily, ranked daily, and SM and HM of each op, and all the KotFE/KotET missions. But adding up roughly the time that takes, you'd likely die of sleep deprivation.

~ Eudoxia

My brother was going to resub and come back to play swtor with me. He was around when the game launched and remembers the RNG nightmare for what it was. After hearing about the upcoming changes to end-game gear and how it will affect pvp he decided not to resub and is trying to get me to leave and play something else with him instead.

I'm very much considering my options right now...

Question I have:

So, with the new RNG end game gear duplicating the system of the previous PvP RNG gear that went over so terrible you guys fixed it quick. When this happens (not if, but when), are you going to implement a realistic system within a month of expansion launch when you realize this goes over like a lead balloon in the same vein the PvP one went over like?

Hi. sorry for my bad english. Ist not my first language.

Some questions to Bioware:

We have a raid Team, 8 People.

1 Person goes to vacation or have some real life issues. We Need to replace this Person.

The 7 People of the raid Team are GC Level 75 for example. The new raidmember is GC Level 1.

How can we equip and how fast can we can equip this new raidmember? We are trying Master&Blaser and Revan HM.

Do we Need to wait 3 Months before the new raidmember is ready for M&B and Revan HM? Do we Need to wait bevor the new raid member ist GC Level 75? This is a big Problem for raidteams and new Players or Players that return to SWTOR.

Next question:

Some Servers dont have a big Population. Or the imperial Population ist bigger. A raid Group on Republic Side misses one member. On many Servers they log to the imperial side and ask on the fleet for 1 raid member. At the Moment we can send legacy gear to the republic character and raid with this raid Group on Republic side.

With your new System and current Information legacy gear ist not longer in the game. And this raid Group has big issues to find a raidmember for his raid on Republic Side.

How do you think to solve this Problem?

There are so many questions more at the Moment. And we Need your informations. And you Need Response of your community!

Please speak and hear to your community.

Thanks

Ok so admittedly I did not watch the stream or wish to read 90+ pages, when it comes to cxp 'qualifying' activities I assume the original 1-50 levelling is excluded from gaining cxp regardless as to whether or not I may hit level 70 on alderran? It would only be the activities on the galactic conquest board specifically that gain cxp?

Ok so admittedly I did not watch the stream or wish to read 90+ pages, when it comes to cxp 'qualifying' activities I assume the original 1-50 levelling is excluded from gaining cxp regardless as to whether or not I may hit level 70 on alderran? It would only be the activities on the galactic conquest board specifically that gain cxp?

yes, you only get cxp after you level to 70. And as far as i know any gold+ mob gives cxp then.

Edited by Tsetso

yes, you only get cxp after you level to 70. And as far as i know any gold+ mob gives cxp then.

Not sure if I worded it right, but basically since I do everything I come across I hit level 65 quite early in the game so 70's not exactly a push, but other than gold mobs and obviously heroics and fps I would have to wait until I get towards the KotET story chapters to earn cxp on story stuff? Despite the fact I would have been level 70 for a while?

Not sure if I worded it right, but basically since I do everything I come across I hit level 65 quite early in the game so 70's not exactly a push, but other than gold mobs and obviously heroics and fps I would have to wait until I get towards the KotET story chapters to earn cxp on story stuff? Despite the fact I would have been level 70 for a while?

KotFE, KotET, heroics, dailies, Ops, pvp, gsf, basically everything there is is giving you cxp

KotFE, KotET, heroics, dailies, Ops, pvp, gsf, basically everything there is is giving you cxp

I dont think cxp is the issue, its the gear crates and min maxing for content/pvp.

The whole thing looks neat, just remove rng.

Not saying anything that hasn't been said yet, but just want another voice to be heard. Letting a grind be the path to the best gear is a horrible decision. Putting gear in randomized crates is an even worse decision. Please listen to the player feedback and revert the system to Operations bosses dropping tokens for turn in and putting the best gear in Operations only.

I wouldn't even be opposed to putting set bonus mid tier gear in hard mode flashpoints. For the current tier this would be 216 set bonus gear and maybe even 220 tokens on the final or bonus bosses.

For PvP let them have their expertise gear or at least some sort of token system as well.

I dont think cxp is the issue, its the gear crates and min maxing for content/pvp.

The whole thing looks neat, just remove rng.

That depends on the rate of gaining levels. Since there are several tiers of gear, i'm more concerned with the grinding up to ~70+ rank than the rng. Sure i won't have full set for a long time because of the rng but the difference in ststs won't be that big if i miss one piece. Having to grind heroics flashpoints and dailies to get to the point where the needed gear starts to drop however is a deal breaker for me.