Teaser for a new Blur Trailer for KotET

ObiWanBaikonur

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice knowing they put funds into this trailer rather than fixing the bugs, stopping the credit spammers etc..

I have to agree, we need a new 3 second trailer every month even if they have to stop any kind of development for the game.

#SWTORGameTrailersMatter

Might be per speculation but thought I remember somewhere that this was supposed to be a 3 part story. Since this is Part 2 - its Empire Strikes Back, so the 'heroes' get there butts handed to them before Part 3 and Redemption or the fall.

Considering they failed spectacularly in part 1 I can't imagine seeing how getting their butts kicked would look. The Outlander made every single thing worse- things would have been better if he/she had died in the carbonite.

Truetrue

Chapters I-IX had a more "New Hope" feel, and X-XVI had a "ESB" feel - complete with the disjointedness that included a Wampa Attack (Profits and Plunder being the parallel here) moment. ET could be an ESB-like arc, or ET'll be ROTJ.

You mean Arcann Vader will sacrifice himself to stop Daddy Emperor and the Outlander and friends will party with the locals?

I didn't see it - I blinked :/

It's nice knowing they put funds into this trailer rather than fixing the bugs, stopping the credit spammers etc..

To be fair they have to advertise the game in some format, given, I don't agree with the amount of money spent on these blur channels when we have rampant game breaking bugs.

I'm surprised this finger thing isn't getting more attention. Guess we have nothing in the game lore to match it with.

http://imgur.com/a/wAUEc

I think adult!Vaylin(?) just has her index and middle finger pressed together, which is harder to make out because of the Force glow, and the angle of the shot of child!Vaylin(?) just obscures her index finger.

Edited by DarthDymond

Wait... there's a larger picture of it on SWTOR's main page. If you look *very* closely at the kid's face... they look like they have pure black eyes. It could be just a trick of the light...

...but wasn't one of Vitiate's incarnations a bald kid with black eyes? (I heard that somewhere and have no idea where. Possibly from the Revan book, which I've never read? So if that's totally untrue, oops. .-. That's what I get for going off of secondhand information.)

Edit: ...or hey, maybe it's Vector. :p Except he'd better have a good reason for a) appearing WAY younger than he should, b) all those tattoos, and c) his newfound force sensitivity or whatever was going on there. My agent won't be happy. "Come ON, I *already* have a shorter lifespan than a human - and now you went and turned yourself into a kid of indeterminate age. Thanks for all but ensuring you'll outlive me...." (Yeah, I'm kidding.)

When you recruit Ak'ghal Usar for your Alliance he says a "Black Eyed Sith" betrayed him... Hmmmmm

When you recruit Ak'ghal Usar for your Alliance he says a "Black Eyed Sith" betrayed him... Hmmmmm

Please let it be Vitiate. :D Hopefully, if it IS Vitiate, the trailer will explain the abrupt shift from Vitiate "MWAHA EAT THE GALAXY AHAHA A GOD AM I" to Valkorion "I'm pretty much Barney and Friends next to Vitiate. A demonic version of Barney with the coolest voice known to man and several alien races besides, but still."

Edited by Jagaimee

Please let it be Vitiate. :D Hopefully, if it IS Vitiate, the trailer will explain the abrupt shift from Vitiate "MWAHA EAT THE GALAXY AHAHA A GOD AM I" to Valkorion "I'm pretty much Barney and Friends next to Vitiate. A demonic version of Barney with the coolest voice known to man and several alien races besides, but still."

Teh "black-eyed sith" is explicitly stated to be Vitiate in at least a couple of convo options with the new Dashade.

Teh "black-eyed sith" is explicitly stated to be Vitiate in at least a couple of convo options with the new Dashade.

Oh, okay. I haven't gotten that far in chapters or alliance recruitment yet. I meant "please let it be Vitiate" as in "please let the kid in the trailer be Vitiate." But...hm. I wonder if this means Ak'ghal Usar (that's his name, right?) has a larger part to play in upcoming chapters? Proooobably not, but...hey, that's what speculation is for. XD

They should leak a teaser of some form about the future every few days, in my view.

It provides the forum with much needed chew toys... lest members turn on each other and start chewing each others limbs off.

And it does not need to be a big teaser.. small ones are adequate for the purposes of being chew toys.

Edited by Andryah

Nah, it's Vitiate's new body, and he's getting ready to kick Valkorian's backside into oblivion. They are twin brothers after all. :p

No, you forget we already KNOW Vitiate = Valkorion, that's being confirmed several times in the story (Darth Marr etc.). I concur with the view that it's a scene of either young Valkorion or, just as likely, a scene from Vaylin's youth.

On top of that: I am very curious about "The Luminous Engine" and something tells me, that THAT mystery is not even revealed in KOTET; I believe that's something for season 3 (4,5...) :D

No, you forget we already KNOW Vitiate = Valkorion, that's being confirmed several times in the story (Darth Marr etc.). I concur with the view that it's a scene of either young Valkorion or, just as likely, a scene from Vaylin's youth.

On top of that: I am very curious about "The Luminous Engine" and something tells me, that THAT mystery is not even revealed in KOTET; I believe that's something for season 3 (4,5...) :D

We've been told it. Doesn't make it true. Though, since Valkorian is strongly implying it, it probably is true. @#$%

We've been told it. Doesn't make it true. Though, since Valkorian is strongly implying it, it probably is true. @#$%

Sic! We have enough other loose ends as it is and given what central part of the entire story Scorpio turned out to be I am very sure we will learn more about her motivations/plans going forward. We know already that mimicking "The Advisor for Vaylin" was *not* her long term goal and whatever she/it told Vaylin was most likely what Vaylin at that moment in time WANTED to hear - and she instantly fell for it. We know firsthand how well Scorpio can manipulate - Vaylin has yet to learn ;)