Bioware Did Something Cool

ZanyaCross

I don't know if it's been mentioned before here, but they added A LOT of the classic gear back into the Supplies quarter. Stuff like the Panther outfit, Saber Marshal's robes (which I've been trying to complete for like 3 years), Jedi Stormguard armor, Watchman jacket, etc, as legacy-bound adaptive gear. It's all being sold by this one guy on each station who used to only sell really sad newbie Lv 7 gear for about 20-30 common crystals a piece. Really good Mando armor too (the name of which escapes me).

Given how many people accused Bioware of taking them out of the game just to sell more cartel outfits, this is a pretty pleasant surprise. I hope they do the same thing with the gear you used to get from heroics, like the "Mercenary Elite" stuff on Taris.

Edited by ZanyaCross

Yeah, this has been here since...what patch was it...I forget. But it was added in not that long ago, on both the Imperial and Republic fleets. I'm really happy with it - I got some cool armor pieces to mix and match with others.

Also, some of the older armors seem to have been added back in through random drops on mobs in leveling planets. I was on Nar Shaddaa with my marauder and got the Agile Judgement vest. My knight on Quesh and Voss got the Elder Exemplar's Robe and Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard, respectively.

Yeah, they did this a while back (I wanna say March or April?) and it was a very welcome change. Another good thing to note, those armors aren't faction locked which means you can get a Sith armor set on an Imperial character, put it in your legacy bay, and then grab it and use it on a Republic character without the look changing or something. This was extremely useful for finding Lord Scourge a good armor set that looked similar to his original. The armors had previously been Empire-only, but with this vendor I was able to get him a good set that looked similar to his old one but could be dyed.

I second the hope that they'll add more, as well. I don't even mind if they're not legacy bound. Just having more options would be a great thing.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

I don't know if it's been mentioned before here, but they added A LOT of the classic gear back into the Supplies quarter. Stuff like the Panther outfit, Saber Marshal's robes (which I've been trying to complete for like 3 years), Jedi Stormguard armor, Watchman jacket, etc, as legacy-bound adaptive gear. It's all being sold by this one guy on each station who used to only sell really sad newbie Lv 7 gear for about 20-30 common crystals a piece. Really good Mando armor too (the name of which escapes me).

Given how many people accused Bioware of taking them out of the game just to sell more cartel outfits, this is a pretty pleasant surprise. I hope they do the same thing with the gear you used to get from heroics, like the "Mercenary Elite" stuff on Taris.

I noticed that just yesterday too, but on Dromund Kaas. I'm guessing it's the same vendor. I thought it was pretty cool too.