Eric - Datamined information/Just a reminder

Jedi_riches

How is that sad? No matter how open any dev team is, Dataminers will usually have more info. This goes for any type of game thats datamined.

As far as i know EVE players are actively participating in the design of all new features. So it's not all games.

Sometimes im asking myself - how exactly Bioware get those "metrics" from the game that allow them nerfing classes to the ground?

And i can't find answer...

Are they playing?

Hmm... Maybe... Sometimes... After dinner...

Are they hardcore raiders that KNOW their game?

lol not a chance :D

Sorry, dear Bioware. But you DON'T know your own game from the inside.

You don't run raids. You don't run PVP. You don't do anything of that.

You just stick your noses to your files... and that's it!

Problem is that numbers and lines in CODE will NEVER give you TRUE vision how gameplay works.

If you wan't to do something right - use FORUMS. Where people actually trying to HELP you.

But...

You don't give a damn about them...

You prefer to "fix" things that doesn't require "fixes". And what community will get in the end? Completely broken classes.

Communication, Bioware.

C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N

This is keword that separates BAD gamedev from SMART gamedev.

I just love all the Official Indignation over content on a Public Test Server that's findable (lol, calling it datamining is really giving credit where it's not due) thanks to a vulnerability that's been there since what, launch?

I'm a good girl. I don't discuss it here, but I do discuss it elsewhere because if you're going to completely break the game I subbed to play years ago, kidnap my companions and hold them for ransom, then make their return an allegedly integral part of your Dysfunctional Star Warsy family story, and it's going to take you THREE YEARS to do so, Ima keep my eye on you.

Besides, you bribed the best remaining sources into an embargo which is ludicrous beyond belief, so ban people if you want, but you broke your toy, not us.

Considering we have to quite literally wait till October for ANY information at all on KOTET, it's no surprise people are looking for any information about it where they can. If the Dev's just released a few hints/teasers to let us know it's coming up it would be enough to get people interested/excited. I want to look forward to it I really do but it's hard when we haven't even been given any crumbs to get us excited...and we still have to wait till October to know anything and we don't even know what information we're getting in October at this point.

Considering we have to quite literally wait till October for ANY information at all on KOTET, it's no surprise people are looking for any information about it where they can. If the Dev's just released a few hints/teasers to let us know it's coming up it would be enough to get people interested/excited. I want to look forward to it I really do but it's hard when we haven't even been given any crumbs to get us excited...and we still have to wait till October to know anything and we don't even know what information we're getting in October at this point.

Not just that but a general lack of anything all that interesting in game to keep you focused on playing and not whats coming down the pipe instead.

The lacking all SWTOR in most areas from the game itself to communication to hints about the next patch is just terrible on all fronts.

It's not wonder people go looking elsewhere for information. There just isn't anything here to be interested in except how mindbogglingly sad things are in game right now.

It doesn't seem there are any holiday events or 5 year anniversary event (was a list of old content to repeat for CM boxes).

Hell if it was content I'd happily pay along side any subscription if that was the business model, but all there does seem to be is monthly cut scenes with some very very repetitive skytrooper murdering with an awful story (could have been good but instead is just so full of plot holes its hard to take seriously) and that is it. Now as I say if kotfe had a great story then that might of been enough to play it through multiple times but as it stands there is so little to do once its been completed. While the community team are determined to ignore the players.

It doesn't seem that the game is in a healthy place and the one communication we do get that isn't about bugs or maintenance is that its against the rules to talk about future changes....

Edited by Costello

How stupid can you be?

You upload the data into the launcher which makes it easily downloadable by others, OMG and then you will complain about: We are secretive about the things cause during SoR things came out and it was received negatively.

Oh man, such idiocy. Why not slowly keep us informed? Turn on the hype a little? Release some minor info and not statements like Ben gave: There are people........somewhere............working on something...........what it is.................we cannot say...............it maybe and operation.............it maybe not...............it maybe a flashpoint..............it maybe not.

FFS they may not even be working at all!!!

There are people........somewhere............working on something...........what it is.................we cannot say...............it maybe and operation.............it maybe not...............it maybe a flashpoint..............it maybe not.

lol yeah that part of the Live Stream was very weird, like they were on drugs talking crap like that.

Hell if it was content I'd happily pay along side any subscription if that was the business model, but all there does seem to be is monthly cut scenes with some very very repetitive skytrooper murdering with an awful story (could have been good but instead is just so full of plot holes its hard to take seriously) and that is it..

That's the main issue.

The gameplay through the vast majority of KotFE is just awful - walk 10 meters & fight 3 skytroopers, walk 10 meters & fight 3 skytroopers, walk 15 meters and fight 3 skytroopers, walk 20 meters and fight a boss who can't ever kill you but whose health pool is so big and whose knockbacks are so spammable that it will take 5 minutes to kill it, walk 10 meters & fight 3 skytroopers, walk 10 meters & fight 3 skytroopers, walk 15 meters and fight 3 skytroopers, walk 20 meters and fight a boss who can't ever kill you but whose health pool is so big and whose knockbacks are so spammable that it will take 5 minutes to kill it, walk 10 meters & fight 3 skytroopers, walk 10 meters & fight 3 skytroopers, walk 15 meters and fight 3 skytroopers, walk 20 meters and fight a boss who can't ever kill you but whose health pool is so big and whose knockbacks are so spammable that it will take 5 minutes to kill it, walk 10 meters & fight 3 skytroopers, walk 10 meters & fight 3 skytroopers, walk 15 meters and fight 3 skytroopers, walk 20 meters and fight a boss who can't ever kill you but whose health pool is so big and whose knockbacks are so spammable that it will take 5 minutes to kill it, and so on.

And the story is full of plot holes and contradictions that it looks like it was written by the oft mentioned 100 chimps with 100 typewriters (although to be fair I think they could do better than some of this tripe).

If both Storytelling and Gameplay are good then most people will find some degree of replayability, of one is bad and one is good some people with find replayability and some will struggle through and hope for better things to come.

When both are as bad as they are on KotFE the game needs either a change of leadership, a change of creative talent or both.

I think there's about 40 days left on my sub, things have to change - almost beyond recognition - in so many areas if there is any hope of Biowae seeing that Sub renewed.

I was playing between 2 and 4 hours a day as an average upto the final chapter of KotFE, I genuinely hoped they could salvage what had become a mind-numbing slog through MMO-mediocrity with a genuinely excellent final chapter. Instead they tripled down on the mundane mediocrity and removed what little agency our characters had left.

I completed the final chapter on 2 toons and I haven't logged into the game since.

And you know what is most worrying of all - I really, really do not miss what the game has become over the last 12 months. I miss engaging and reasonably written Class Story arcs. I mess content that challenged me, even if only a little at times. But I do not miss KotFE, not even for a second.

All The Best

Eric/Team

Thanks for reminding us of your ploicy re: datamined information, however I would just like to remind you and the rest of your team that this information is freely available elsewhere and are already discussing the information, so burying your heads in the sand for too long does nothing for the relations between us customers and yourself except further damage it (the relation is fractious as it is).

People would not go looking for datamined information so much if you were much more open with us, we all know that the PTS does not get used often so how can we possibly give any feedback if you won't let us discuss it until it is much too late and is almost live and has to go forward as it is rather than being able to change anything that people feel is wrong.

Thanks for listening

Well said.