People give up WAY too easily in Warzones.

Loadsamonie

Doing Dailies on one of my alts this morning, getting some quick EXP/Comms for transfer later as I work towards Legendary status, and I get queue'd for Denova. When we hit about 70% shields left, two teammates go and sit their *** on West, our only CP, and I stay there for about 30 seconds (before this I was the only one defending it) before I realize they're not moving, so I say "we don't need 3 people on West" and I run off to attack East.

I die, and one of the guys sitting says "Yeah we gave up lol."

*** is this crap!? We're not even halfway through the match and you GIVE UP!? I chewed the guy out on Ops chat, saying you can't win if you don't try.

I got laughed at.

THIS is the reason Pubs never win on Harbinger. People give up WAY too easily, and think it's okay. It's true though, you can't win if you don't try. Even if it looks awful, miracles DO happen, you just have to be willing to fight it out to the very end. You'll probably lose, but if you just throw in the towel you will lose for SURE.

But no, Pubs want to huff paint. *sigh*

Rant over.

Edited by Loadsamonie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing Dailies on one of my alts this morning, getting some quick EXP/Comms for transfer later as I work towards Legendary status, and I get queue'd for Denova. When we hit about 70% shields left, two teammates go and sit their *** on West, our only CP, and I stay there for about 30 seconds (before this I was the only one defending it) before I realize they're not moving, so I say "we don't need 3 people on West" and I run off to attack East.

*** is this crap!? We're not even halfway through the match and you GIVE UP!? I chewed the guy out on Ops chat, saying you can't win if you don't try.

I got laughed at.

THIS is the reason Pubs never win on Harbinger. People give up WAY too easily, and think it's okay. It's true though, you can't win if you don't try. Even if it looks awful, miracles DO happen, you just have to be willing to fight it out to the very end. You'll probably lose, but if you just throw in the towel you will lose for SURE.

Rant over.

It's not just pubs who do it. Imps do it just as often.

The really dumb thing is that they should keep fighting even if they are losing. It's obvious they need the practice. By giving up they will never get better, which then poses the question, "why even bother queueing"

The really dumb thing is that they should keep fighting even if they are losing. It's obvious they need the practice. By giving up they will never get better, which then poses the question, "why even bother queueing"

A thousand times this. But saying this in ops chat is likely to get you flamed. :D

It's *always* the people who could use a little more practice who give up. Most decent PvPers will continue fighting through a loss even if just for fun.

A thousand times this. But saying this in ops chat is likely to get you flamed. :D

It's *always* the people who could use a little more practice who give up. Most decent PvPers will continue fighting through a loss even if just for fun.

So true.

The only solution is to make them fight. ie, if you're on the dominating team, all rush them. They are usually all hanging at the same node. That makes them fight or die. When they die, they end up scattered after then respawn because you've usually 3 capped by then. That's when you go 1v1 or even 1v3 them to make them engage in battle.

It seems harsh, but it's tough love. That way if they are ever on your team, they may have a better attitude and slightly more skill.

Plus it's boring waiting out a match when they're all just standing there like mice in a trap. Even if I can't get my whole team to come, I'll attack or harass them all by myself. If I can just get one to chase me, then I can kill them while their silly friends watch.

It's not just pubs who do it. Imps do it just as often.

Finally someone who understands.

Sometimes nobody else will defend the objective and I'm stuck on babysitting duty (as a Tank, no less), but if we're losing anyway, I'll abandon the objective and try to take one away from them. I'll fight a match to the bitter end, no matter how hopeless it seems, because it helps me to improve.

Every game, good or bad, is a learning experience.

So true.

The only solution is to make them fight. ie, if you're on the dominating team, all rush them. They are usually all hanging at the same node. That makes them fight or die. When they die, they end up scattered after then respawn because you've usually 3 capped by then. That's when you go 1v1 or even 1v3 them to make them engage in battle.

It seems harsh, but it's tough love. That way if they are ever on your team, they may have a better attitude and slightly more skill.

Plus it's boring waiting out a match when they're all just standing there like mice in a trap. Even if I can't get my whole team to come, I'll attack or harass them all by myself. If I can just get one to chase me, then I can kill them while their silly friends watch.

Problem with that approach is theres reason they are all huddled on their off node: you broke them 4 times at middle thanks to your 2 healers while they don't have any. Go break them again 3 cap them then spawn camp them: just don't spam fleet afterwards "queue pvp" because thats on you that the queues aren't popping.

Finally someone who understands.

Sometimes nobody else will defend the objective and I'm stuck on babysitting duty (as a Tank, no less), but if we're losing anyway, I'll abandon the objective and try to take one away from them. I'll fight a match to the bitter end, no matter how hopeless it seems, because it helps me to improve.

Every game, good or bad, is a learning experience.

If your the sole defender at grass while your team is still fighting for mid DON NOT LEAVE IT AND GO SNOW! Like seriously whats the matter with you? How will getting 3 capped help your team? It will probably break their will to go on. Even if it doesn't AND you take snow for grass how have you helped? assuming you manage to take snow v that stealther, which is unlikely given your a tank and they can hold you up all week.

Theres fighting to the bitter end and then theres just being silly. Charging out of the voidstar defenders spawn to stop a capper then getting globaled, respawning and doing the exact same thing? I've done that, died 14 times holding a door. Thtas fighting to a bitter end. Running into 6 guys defending mid all by yourself 8 times in a row? thats just being silly. Honestly what are you hoping to prove? by the 3rd death you know you can't 1v6 them. You think the snipers are gonna run out of bullets or something?

Edited by LadyDarkkitten

When we hit about 70% shields left, two teammates go and sit their *** on West

70%?! How about instant quit if their node was capped 1 sec before ours in Civil War? Or after they successfully capped mid in Novare? 70% is very generous! :p

If your the sole defender at grass while your team is still fighting for mid DON NOT LEAVE IT AND GO SNOW! Like seriously whats the matter with you? How will getting 3 capped help your team? It will probably break their will to go on.

I only do this on Denova, not on Alderaan, and only when we're about to lose. At that point it doesn't matter about defending your one CP because unless you take one of theirs by force (and if your team hasn't done that by now, chances are they're not going to be able to at all), you're hopelessly lost. You may as well throw yourself in there and HOPE that you can do something. And if they nab the CP you were guarding, oh well, you were losing anyway.

Edited by Loadsamonie

I got laughed at.

Rant over.

Bunch of *********** candy asses were probably happy with a "participation" trophy....

Sometimes nobody else will defend the objective and I'm stuck on babysitting duty (as a Tank, no less),

Not to pick on you specifically (especially since you did go guard :) ), but it's one of my pet peeves in this game when someone thinks it's everyone else's job to guard. You see them type into chat "someone go west", or "why is no one guarding the off node", but they themselves don't go guard it. I'll type "hey, don't leave the pylon unguarded", sure... while I'm running to guard it. Yes, it sucks that people take the node then leave. Yes, it sucks that you might not be the "best" class to guard it, but if you saw the problem, stop helping it be a problem and go solve it.

Also, I'd argue that 2 of the 3 tanks are pretty good guards. Sin/Shadow tanks are excellent guards, thanks to stealth of course. I feel pretty confident as a jugger/guardian guard. I don't know about the trooper-tank guarding, because I haven't played that class in a while... although, that's the AC that has the shoulder cannon, right? I've made the mistake of trying to sap cap them. :o

but if we're losing anyway, I'll abandon the objective and try to take one away from them. I'll fight a match to the bitter end, no matter how hopeless it seems, because it helps me to improve.

Yep. I've started to do that too. I'll just type in chat "we are down to 20%, so going east, leaving west undefended" or whatever. Sort of the exception to the rule for my rant above. :D

lol. you're not going to learn anything running into 3 superior players who will cut you down in about 2-3 gcd or immediately after your dcd drops off. it doesn't take more than a few deaths to feel out what the other team has and what yours has (or lacks).

CW is especially broken in this regard because the game is usually decided in the first 60-120s but goes on for another what? 8-10 mins? (2-1 node control).

1. I'll usually drop natural node and run interference for the capper. but I never drop natural right away because the second someone sees a teammate drop natural node, they assume done is done and go mid/off to "have fun dpsing." so that's step one in assessing just how asinine/savvy my team is. next is where the guy goes to cap.
  2. next, I'll watch how my teammate caps the node. the "proper" way to cap is behind the node so as to los enemies taking the quickest route (middle). does he stand on the side? (wrong) or behind? (correct)
  3. before I leave, I then take stock of where he positions himself. is he standing right next to the node or is he standing within range but a bit further off? if he's stealth, is he that special kind of idiot who stands in one place right on the platform?
  4. how many players drop to natural node and where do they run? if the first person runs to the node, does the second person also run to the node (like the useless fool that he is)? or does he take a path to inhibit the other team from interrupting a quick cap? (correct) the extra special person drops down behind me (3rd person going natural) and runs straight for the cap?

so all that happens and I'll run back around to mid if there's no trouble. that's never even getting close enough to the node to earn a capper medal. what's the situation at mid? oh look, the other team's capping and TWO of my teammates are screwing around at the off node. I don't need to stick around for this. I'll leave or go sit on the natural node all game and ignore our wonderful original poster's meaningless drivel. it's possible to still win (more than statistically but conceivably. I mean...I've only diagnosed HALF of my team as mentally disabled. the other half might be able to carry) either way, it's not a game anymore. iunno. maybe it's a game YOU want to play. I'm not interested in that kind of game. so I don't fret about it. if that pisses you off? good. you're probably the reason I'm frustrated as well. comes around. goes around.

Edited by foxmob

lol. you're not going to learn anything running into 3 superior players who will cut you down in about 2-3 gcd or immediately after your dcd drops off. it doesn't take more than a few deaths to feel out what the other team has and what yours has (or lacks).

CW is especially broken in this regard.

1. I'll usually drop natural node and run interference for the capper. but I never drop natural right away because the second someone sees a teammate drop natural node, they assume done is done and go mid/off to "have fun dpsing." so that's step one in assessing just how asinine/savvy my team is. next is where the guy goes to cap.
  2. next, I'll watch how my teammate caps the node. the "proper" way to cap is behind the node so as to los enemies taking the quickest route (middle). does he stand on the side? (wrong) or behind? (correct)
  3. before I leave, I then take stock of where he positions himself. is he standing right next to the node or is he standing within range but a bit further off? if he's stealth, is he that special kind of idiot who stands in one place right on the platform?
  4. how many players drop to natural node and where do they run? if the first person runs to the node, does the second person also run to the node (like the useless fool that he is)? or does he take a path to inhibit the other team from interrupting a quick cap? (correct) the extra special person drops down behind me (3rd person going natural) and runs straight for the cap?

so all that happens and I'll run back around to mid if there's no trouble. that's never even getting close enough to the node to earn a capper medal. what's the situation at mid? oh look, the other team's capping and TWO of my teammates are screwing around at the off node. I don't need to stick around for this. I'll leave or go sit on the natural node all game and ignore our wonderful original poster's meaningless drivel. it's possible to still win (more than statistically but conceivably. I mean...I've only diagnosed HALF of my team as mentally disabled. the other half might be able to carry) either way, it's not a game anymore. iunno. maybe it's a game YOU want to play. I'm not interested in that kind of game. so I don't fret about it. if that pisses you off? good. you're probably the reason I'm frustrated as well. comes around. goes around.

Then leave the Warzone and let someone else take your spot. We don't need your worthless *** sitting there farming medals, contributing nothing. Players like you are the reason Pubs lose over half the games they play on Harbinger.

You don't just "give up."

Edited by Loadsamonie

Then leave the Warzone and let someone else take your spot. We don't need your worthless *** sitting there farming medals, contributing nothing. Players like you are the reason Pubs lose over half the games they play on Harbinger.

You don't just "give up."

why would I leave when I can have the pleasure of knowing that it bothers you?

Actually when I see teammates do this I leave the warzone. If I stay I will most likely get stuck with those same tards. Better to queue dodge them.

But sometimes I will stay to teach them a lesson. Especially if I'm on a sorc with my friend. I will run into some enemies and then bring them over to our node...about half way. Need to make sure I have phase walk set up first of course. But then I have my sorc friend pull the medal farmer into range of my pull. Then I pull them and phase walk away leaving them to their fate. Repeat as necessary.

If I am on the opposing team of the medal farmers I will go to their node with a friend and kill them all. Then proceed to spawn camp them until they rage quit. They don't deserve medals anyway. I don't even care if it's a douche thing to do. I hated people that do that and will do what I can to make them miserable.

Edited by Saikochoro

Actually when I see teammates do this I leave the warzone. If I stay I will most likely get stuck with those same tards. Better to queue dodge them.

At least you're giving someone else a chance to join and get their comms. But the bottom line is: You can't win if you don't try.

At least you're giving someone else a chance to join and get their comms. But the bottom line is: You can't win if you don't try.

No I don't quit in lieu of farming medals. I quit when I see medal farmers on my team. I don't have time for that trash. I will also drop a team immediately if I load in and recognize someone from a prior match that gave up after 2 seconds. Not going to waste my time with garbage teammates.

Edited by Saikochoro

Problem with that approach is theres reason they are all huddled on their off node: you broke them 4 times at middle thanks to your 2 healers while they don't have any. Go break them again 3 cap them then spawn camp them: just don't spam fleet afterwards "queue pvp" because thats on you that the queues aren't popping.

The solution to this I've found (IF as the dominating team you can get your teammates to go along with it) is to always leave one node open while you're removing the defenders from another. A little victory for them, even as they're losing, goes a long way to keeping morale up.

Ultimately we just want to fight. I don't need (or indeed want) to rub people's noses in it, but I do want to keep fighting.

No I don't quit in lieu of farming medals. I quit when I see medal farmers on my team. I don't have time for that trash. I will also drop a team immediately if I load in and recognize someone from a prior match that gave up after 2 seconds. Not going to waste my time with garbage teammates.

Oh, my mistake. In any case though, there's way too many people that give up before the match is even underway. It doesn't matter if it looks bad, there's always the possibility to turn a bad game around. Sometimes all it takes is a little communication.

Taking two seconds to say "Grass 4" so your teammates know that assistance is needed...it goes a long way.

Edited by Loadsamonie

lol. you're not going to learn anything running into 3 superior players who will cut you down in about 2-3 gcd or immediately after your dcd drops off. it doesn't take more than a few deaths to feel out what the other team has and what yours has (or lacks). .

I respectfully disagree.

Even when we're getting spawn farmed, I'll make a point of dropping down and seeing how effectively I can use the few seconds I'm alive for, and how long I can draw things out. I'll set myself little objectives - can I make it to the corner? Can I get this person down past half health (or even kill them)? Can I explore weaknesses in their lineup and identify stronger and weaker players? I've had a *lot* of solo-queued matches like that over the years, and using that experience has absolutely made me a better player. No question about it.

I respectfully disagree.

Even when we're getting spawn farmed, I'll make a point of dropping down and seeing how effectively I can use the few seconds I'm alive for, and how long I can draw things out. I'll set myself little objectives - can I make it to the corner? Can I get this person down past half health (or even kill them)? Can I explore weaknesses in their lineup and identify stronger and weaker players? I've had a *lot* of solo-queued matches like that over the years, and using that experience has absolutely made me a better player. No question about it.

^This this this this this so much of this its not even funny. So many ppl had to deal with this even more so then now tbh when the first server merges happened and ppl were taken out of their small ponds and thrown into the sea and it had and has def made ppl better players especially when it comes to analyzing like stated above.

Nah waste of time. If I want to test a player I'll get a one v one with them at decent off node scrap. Had some duals t tonight with a sniper and an apt on my merc. The sniper was good, a real test, the apt used a lag switch on me to kill me 4 times. Had some good fights with a sin who was smacking talking my operative, telling me I was rubbish. Went on my shadow had some fun with him. I wouldn't dream of letting him kill me 8 times with his friends just to prove "I had staying power". whats the matter with you people?

If your the sole defender at grass while your team is still fighting for mid DON NOT LEAVE IT AND GO SNOW! Like seriously whats the matter with you? How will getting 3 capped help your team? It will probably break their will to go on. Even if it doesn't AND you take snow for grass how have you helped? assuming you manage to take snow v that stealther, which is unlikely given your a tank and they can hold you up all week.

Theres fighting to the bitter end and then theres just being silly. Charging out of the voidstar defenders spawn to stop a capper then getting globaled, respawning and doing the exact same thing? I've done that, died 14 times holding a door. Thtas fighting to a bitter end. Running into 6 guys defending mid all by yourself 8 times in a row? thats just being silly. Honestly what are you hoping to prove? by the 3rd death you know you can't 1v6 them. You think the snipers are gonna run out of bullets or something?

Honestly I have capped both grass and snow solo with no gaurd support and frequently enough to make it relevant in todays pvp.

Why?

• Most people suck and I will take nodes quick.

• Everyone is Deathmatching at mid so I just take side nodes with no work. Sometimes no guards.

• No one knows Languages on either team. No communication = easy caps.

• Half the time the gaurd never looks behind them or they are afking or to bored to notice. I've Ninja'd snow on a merc before.

Yes I will ask for someone to guard or to take snow but no one listens. After losing over 100 pts in civil war as a grass guard I will abandon for snow. Why? Because with my team we lost either way. Maybe by capping I can motivate someone to keep the two nodes we have. Sometimes its just a heal stall at mid. By lossing both grass and snow sometimes mid can be taken soon after.

But at this point someone yells at me for leaving grass undefended. Uh hello I just took snow and I asked for help. *sigh*

As for 1 v 6...I feel like I won the game if I can make a sorc barrier before I die at such odds. XD