Imagine the rage if they had invited too many people and the servers crashed.

Turukano

Well even if the servers could handle it, no one would be able to do a quest because everyone is at the same place in the story. It not going to be very fun fight over mobs to begin with today and tomorrow, I wouldn't even image everyone hitting the servers at the same time. Edited by Kiodine

Finaly someone who gets it... :D

relax people, We all prefer to actualy be able to play when we get in the EVERYONE get in and lagg out.

Heck, I was not planning on playing today anyway. I have school all day. We all have real life to deal with first.

Well even if the servers could handle it, no one would be able to do a quest because everyone is at the same place in the story. It not going to be very fun fight over mobs to begin with today and tomorrow, I wouldn't even image everyone hitting the servers at the same time.

There is that too.

Strange how other MMOs have had smooth launches without resorting to this stupidity.

Yet how many of those other mmo's had the pre-orders that SWTOR has? In fact, how many have launched with 20 servers and all were medium with only half the people who pre-ordered on the first day? Not everyone who pre-ordered day 1 are even in yet.

Strange how other MMOs have had smooth launches without resorting to this stupidity.

Seriously... have you ever payed another MMO on launch day??? Everyone has glitches. There is no such thing as a smooth launch