Security Key Log-in Failure on Swtor.com again?

anonymi

Did you buy the authorization off of the Cartel Market to allow you to login on the website?

Gee, I knew I forgot something. :p

Still cannot log on the website; am NOT logging off game just in case it is contagious, LOL.

Edited by anonymi

Sync the time and date on your device. Make sure both are correct.

And by correct, to the second. :)

Do you use the app or the physical Security key generator?

Ditto.

They tightened the amount of time drift you're allowed a few months ago. Others have reported this problem previously and that's been the cause.

Edited by dr_mike

is it strange that you are posting on the forum you cannot log into the forum or did i miss something?

The website is a Drupal install and the forums are vBulletin. A software bridge exists between them but they are different software installs.

Since the title says "swtor.com" I have a feeling that they can't login into the (Drupal) website.

Either that or they have an alt account. *shrug*

Edited by dr_mike

Let me be more clear:

1. You can post on the forum even when you are not logged into your account details, I can post but I cannot, for example, change my password or buy CC.

2. I can no longer log into the game due to this issue. The game booted me during maintenance so the security key bug is now affecting the game as well as the website for My Account.

3. This is EXACTLY the issue that affected so many physical security key holders about a month ago.

4. I *prefer* a physical security key. The only error message I get is: "Login Failed". This is the same thing that happened last time there was an EA issue with physical security keys.

5. I have no phone until the Galaxy Note 7 is re-issued or I decide on a different phone. Even in that case, see #4,

6. My browser cache dumps every time I close it.

7. I have filed a bug report in that sub-forum.

8. My time/date/timezone have not changed since my last physical security key login. I have been using a security key since 2011 with no issues until the big one ~6 weeks ago and now.

Thanks for all the suggestions, though. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Edited by anonymi