Huttball and Hypergate

LizarKing

We tend to pay little attention to loading screens and the info is too informal.

Psandak is right

No he isn't. If people pay to little attention to loading screen; what makes you think they are going to pay any attention to a wall of text of someone explaining what to do? It is not the responsibility of the rest of the people in WZ to type out what needs to be done. If a new player ask and no one else provides information than it falls on the rest of group. The problem lays in that people don't ask they just chase little red dots around and blame everyone else for the ignorance. People take ZERO responsibility for personal action.

No he isn't. If people pay to little attention to loading screen; what makes you think they are going to pay any attention to a wall of text of someone explaining what to do? It is not the responsibility of the rest of the people in WZ to type out what needs to be done. If a new player ask and no one else provides information than it falls on the rest of group. The problem lays in that people don't ask they just chase little red dots around and blame everyone else for the ignorance. People take ZERO responsibility for personal action.

Yeah people are this and people are that. And god forbid someone precisely does something about it.

Having someone communicate > static loading screen

But nevermind.

Yeah people are this and people are that. And god forbid someone precisely does something about it.

Having someone communicate > static loading screen

But nevermind.

That's not what he's saying.

If you're PvPing for the first time, GREAT!!!! We are THRILLED to have new people PvP, PvP depends on new people, it thrives on new players, and it's the only game activity that is 100% dependent on other like minded players.

The only things we ask are - read the instructions - look it up online...have an idea of what you're walking into...or, at the very least, say something. As long as you try, I don't care what your numbers look like or what the final score is...I'll take 100 losses with players who TRY to win.

If you're PvPing for the first time, GREAT!!!! We are THRILLED to have new people PvP, PvP depends on new people, it thrives on new players, and it's the only game activity that is 100% dependent on other like minded players.

The only things we ask are - read the instructions - look it up online...have an idea of what you're walking into...or, at the very least, say something. As long as you try, I don't care what your numbers look like or what the final score is...I'll take 100 losses with players who TRY to win.

Not what he's saying either.

I for one never paid attention to the fact you need 2 guns in Novare until someone else said it in pvp chat. Sure it was on a loading screen. But we do tend to skip those things.

Then I have given instructions/hints later on and people have paid attention and thanked.

Don't expect others to go the extra mile - googling, checking youtubes Dulfy and whatnot - if you can't even bother to give simple advice... plus I suspect Psandak even has that text ready somewhere for copy/paste.

I always try to keep the enemy from getting the other pylon on my Agent (stealth ftw) for as long as possible in Hypergate matches, and then try stealth-captures after they have it.

I don't care that my chances are usually zero and that nine times out of ten I just get killed. It's fun to try.

When Huttball starts, along with my "Oh no, not frelling Huttball" moaning, I will sometimes say "Please DO NOT give me the ball because I always get lost"

I always try to keep the enemy from getting the other pylon on my Agent (stealth ftw) for as long as possible in Hypergate matches, and then try stealth-captures after they have it.

I don't care that my chances are usually zero and that nine times out of ten I just get killed. It's fun to try.

I used to do that until I learned that each time you get killed = major points for the enemy... that's specific to Hypergate.

Not what he's saying either.

I for one never paid attention to the fact you need 2 guns in Novare until someone else said it in pvp chat. Sure it was on a loading screen. But we do tend to skip those things.

Then I have given instructions/hints later on and people have paid attention and thanked.

Don't expect others to go the extra mile - googling, checking youtubes Dulfy and whatnot - if you can't even bother to give simple advice... plus I suspect Psandak even has that text ready somewhere for copy/paste.

We don't disagree as much as you may think...I think the loading screen needs to be replaced with an actual interactive tutorial/video of what needs to be done. This game has always done a poor job with tutorials.

I've given plenty of advice...I still do when asked...but at this point. 99% of the people PvPing, have done it before...sadly, this game isn't growing...

This, please

I used to do that until I learned that each time you get killed = major points for the enemy... that's specific to Hypergate.

I tend to see it as a case of risk vs reward. If I can pull the capture at the right time, that's worth a lot more to my team than the enemy got for killing me. Admittedly the odds are rarely (if ever) in my favour.

I remember at least one match where I was getting yelled at for trying to get the second pylon... and then I succeeded just in time to get us the double-capture that turned the tide.

"You may now thank me"

The yeller didn't though.

I tend to see it as a case of risk vs reward. If I can pull the capture at the right time, that's worth a lot more to my team than the enemy got for killing me. Admittedly the odds are rarely (if ever) in my favour.

I remember at least one match where I was getting yelled at for trying to get the second pylon... and then I succeeded just in time to get us the double-capture that turned the tide.

"You may now thank me"

The yeller didn't though.

Sending a couple to the other teams pylon can also divert the enemy from mid so your team can get orbs or even more kills assuming it only peels off a few leaving the numbers at mid more in your teams favor.

Last night we had a guy complaining we couldn't win because the other team had heals and we were down by 80 or so side points. Someone took thier pylon shortly after and we went on to win even though they were beating us in kills.

For the past 3 months I have noticed an unbelievably useless amount of people playing warzones, especially in Huttball and Ancient Hypergate. There are useless people in the others as well but these two are most egregious.

Huttball: PASS THE BALL, get ahead of the ball carrier so they can pass to you, rinse and repeat. if you're doing anything other than trying to advance the ball to the goal you should go back to Chutes and Ladders.

Ancient Hypergate: Capture one pylon, guard that pylon, run orbs. Only engage in combat if necessary because when you die it gives the other team points. Trying to stealth and capture the other pylon is a waste of time and you're hanging your teammates out to dry that are trying to run orbs and guard the pylon.*

Be a winner

*Capturing a second pylon may be neccessary if you ****ed up the first sentence....

Kinda cute to be posting this in the section of the General discussion forum, - is this a kinda passive aggressive statement!!?;)

Edited by t-darko

Back in the day when I pvp'd regularly, it was considered sound strategy to have one or two players defending the middle of the Huttball court. This lets you block the other team from grabbing the ball uncontested after someone scores, or lets you grab it uncontested if the other team isn't there. Has this changed?

Back in the day when I pvp'd regularly, it was considered sound strategy to have one or two players defending the middle of the Huttball court. This lets you block the other team from grabbing the ball uncontested after someone scores, or lets you grab it uncontested if the other team isn't there. Has this changed?

If you played Pub and ever won, yes...this has changed :p

If you played Pub and ever won, yes...this has changed :p

I played both sides and won regularly. So you are saying no one guards the ball respawn any more? I loved doing that :( but I don't want to be "that player" that screws things up. I need to brush up if I'm going to get back into pvp.

I played both sides and won regularly. So you are saying no one guards the ball respawn any more? I loved doing that :( but I don't want to be "that player" that screws things up. I need to brush up if I'm going to get back into pvp.

No no no...I was joking that Pubs never seem to win these days...not that the strategy is any different. A good strategy is ALWAYS a good strategy...and yours is a proven winner quite often. You will NOT be the one screwing anything up, I promise :)

Ok here it is in a nutshell, note: I'm not a elitist but I'm good. i play good, i run with good players and solo. The bottom line after reading what has been said it there is a lot of stupid (expletive) being said.

It goes both ways and EVERY one is to blame period.

1. If you don't listen to instructions (announcers, team mates, do your research like google and dulfy and all that, than you either don't care or expect everyone to help and guide you or even worse "carry you" or are arrogant and will figure it out as you go (how many of you still dont know the point of ODESSON PROVING GROUNDS????) . Dont expect anything from anyone. The guy who said he tends to skip these things ( we all do) but if you dont know what the goal is then dont skip stuff. YOUR fault.

2. Those more experienced players need to be more patient and teach more instead of ************. This is hard because teaching on the fly while playing is a pain in the azz. Teaching in the WZ should be done but still limited. This is what guilds and friends are really for. But to many dont want to be in guilds and they are not as helpful as they should be - CONQUEST headhunter morons. i have seen it shouted in guild chat at one time: "it does NOT matter if you know what your doing. Even if you loose you get conquest points." Good jobs guilds .

3. STOP waiting until 65 to do warzones. Start learning EARLIER>. 65 PVP is endgame pvp not really learning pvp. Some would argue Ranked is, and they would be right but so is 65 Regs. As already stated much more forgiving at lower tiers, even though the bracket gap still has some power gap issues.

4. If you going to que and do it, then try. i have heard as well from one guy that just stood there the hole match (lowbies) "i just got a full level for 6 mins of doing nothing" F-ing Moron plain and simple.

Then theirs the issue of NOT knowing your toon. if you cant handle PVE cause you dont know your toon, then you certainly will not know your toon in PVP. (you may argue but that is why your dead all the time and only put out 100k damage in a long warzone.)

There comes that time when you need to understand if you CAN do something or you CANT do something. Show respect - if you just cant do it, DONT do it. I get it - you pay your money so you can do what you want - ok, noted, my sentence still proves true.

There is issues on both sides and the devs dont and cant balance the PVP so we all have to figure out how to put up with each other/

Ok here it is in a nutshell, note: I'm not a elitist but I'm good. i play good, i run with good players and solo. The bottom line after reading what has been said it there is a lot of stupid (expletive) being said.

It goes both ways and EVERY one is to blame period.

1. If you don't listen to instructions (announcers, team mates, do your research like google and dulfy and all that, than you either don't care or expect everyone to help and guide you or even worse "carry you" or are arrogant and will figure it out as you go (how many of you still dont know the point of ODESSON PROVING GROUNDS????) . Dont expect anything from anyone. The guy who said he tends to skip these things ( we all do) but if you dont know what the goal is then dont skip stuff. YOUR fault.

2. Those more experienced players need to be more patient and teach more instead of ************. This is hard because teaching on the fly while playing is a pain in the azz. Teaching in the WZ should be done but still limited. This is what guilds and friends are really for. But to many dont want to be in guilds and they are not as helpful as they should be - CONQUEST headhunter morons. i have seen it shouted in guild chat at one time: "it does NOT matter if you know what your doing. Even if you loose you get conquest points." Good jobs guilds .

3. STOP waiting until 65 to do warzones. Start learning EARLIER>. 65 PVP is endgame pvp not really learning pvp. Some would argue Ranked is, and they would be right but so is 65 Regs. As already stated much more forgiving at lower tiers, even though the bracket gap still has some power gap issues.

4. If you going to que and do it, then try. i have heard as well from one guy that just stood there the hole match (lowbies) "i just got a full level for 6 mins of doing nothing" F-ing Moron plain and simple.

Then theirs the issue of NOT knowing your toon. if you cant handle PVE cause you dont know your toon, then you certainly will not know your toon in PVP. (you may argue but that is why your dead all the time and only put out 100k damage in a long warzone.)

There comes that time when you need to understand if you CAN do something or you CANT do something. Show respect - if you just cant do it, DONT do it. I get it - you pay your money so you can do what you want - ok, noted, my sentence still proves true.

There is issues on both sides and the devs dont and cant balance the PVP so we all have to figure out how to put up with each other/

You're also to blame if you believe by snapping fingers and demanding people to suddenly become professional investigators things will magically correct themselves... use your expletive now.

We all can do something, yes. Be the change you want to see in warzones lol...

You're also to blame if you believe by snapping fingers and demanding people to suddenly become professional investigators things will magically correct themselves... use your expletive now.

We all can do something, yes. Be the change you want to see in warzones lol...

Since your reply was not constructive or on point, ill just say your a moron. look for me on the battlefield kid..... Ill be the one whooping your ***. Expletive used X$%#. My post was on point and factual and was open minded on both sides.

I am the change and ill be dropping it on you all day long boy!

Since your reply was not constructive or on point, ill just say your a moron. look for me on the battlefield kid..... Ill be the one whooping your ***. Expletive used X$%#. My post was on point and factual and was open minded on both sides.

I am the change and ill be dropping it on you all day long boy!

Does anyone care if you can handle a bunch of pixels? I believe the mirror is full of what you want to see... moron...

typical of the scum rampant on Harb...

Edited by BenduKundalini

Does anyone care if you can handle a bunch of pixels? I believe the mirror is full of what you want to see... moron...

AAAAAAHHHHH your cute. Not helpful or constructive at all, but cute. Its obvious by your reply's to other peoples post's that your just here to cause issues and can offer nothing meaningful to the conversation other than your wrong replies.

Yes the mirror does show me who i am. i can admit it and work toward change because i have the capability to help change me and things. You do not however, which makes your way worse than me. But to quote a age old saying: ill still whoop your asss. lol

Back on topic. Then

AAAAAAHHHHH your cute. Not helpful or constructive at all, but cute. Its obvious by your reply's to other peoples post's that your just here to cause issues and can offer nothing meaningful to the conversation other than your wrong replies.

Yes the mirror does show me who i am. i can admit it and work toward change because i have the capability to help change me and things. You do not however, which makes your way worse than me. But to quote a age old saying: ill still whoop your asss. lol

Back on topic. Then

The only thing on point is who is the incontinent subpar education specimen unable to come to a topic without bringing insults when there were none before we had the joy of having you today ladies and gents? You believe you're constructive eh? Go perfect your duckface or something.

Edited by BenduKundalini

I agree that teaching is better than pissing and moaning but the minute before the warzone starts is not the time for teaching. Also, people should be asking how to play each warzone if they don't know...they have to take some initiative or any instruction will be for naught.

You are 100% right that the 2 minutes before starting is not the time to teach...but it is the PERFECT time "remind"/"refresh"/"briefly explain" the objectives.

The problem with new players asking what to do is that teammates are more likely to up and quit because they do not want to be teamed up with "n00bs".

ROFL Really?

If they aren't willing to read the loading screen or listen to the announcer which explains what needs to be done than what makes you think they are going to read what someone else types explaining it? If new player truly cared about learning they would say something. Lets blame everyone else for our own ignorance; instead of owning up to it.

• In huttball sure the announcer says, "get the ball, pass the ball, get it over the opponent's line, and kill as needed, but there is no mention of the pass the ball button that pops up when you have the ball and exactly HOW to pass the ball.
  • In hypergate, the announcer makes no mention of HOW to capture a pylon or of the orbs or that dying generates points for the enemy.
  • In Voidstar there is no mention of the fact that you have to place bombs on the doors - just get to the computer.
  • In CW and NC there is no mention of HOW to capture the guns (not saying it is not fairly obviously once you get there but until you do, you just would not know)

Furthermore, some players do play with the sound off for myriad reasons so they would not even hear the announcer (yes there is chat text, but maybe they have that turned off too).

But how many elitists ******s would up and quit at someone saying, "Hey folks I'm new here any advice would be appreciated"? And what message/feeling does that convey? All I am suggesting is that veterans be proactive by typing as little as: "remember stay near the ball" or "remember try to capture and fight near the objectives." Doing so would probably go a long way. Some new player might whisper you and in fact ask, "hey I'm new what else can you tell me?"

Edited by psandak

But how many elitists ******s would up and quit at someone saying, "Hey folks I'm new here any advice would be appreciated"? And what message/feeling does that convey? All I am suggesting is that veterans be proactive by typing as little as: "remember stay near the ball" or "remember try to capture and fight near the objectives." Doing so would probably go a long way. Some new player might whisper you and in fact ask, "hey I'm new what else can you tell me?"

The same "elitist *****s" who will quit at the 1st sign they will need to work hard for a win...either way, weed em out early.

And if you PvP at all, you know people do that all the time - "fight on doors/node" or "Please be sure to call incoming". It's not at all uncommon to see that in chat prior to the fight. I survey the room, inspect gear...anyone with a high valor level or all 204/208 gear, I assume has PvP'd enough to know the basics, so I generally don't say anything, but I appreciate that others do.