Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

It is time to...

helpmewin

Wait! Ranked without leaderboards? How does that work? Aren't the leaderboards where you see what your rank is? If you can't see your rank, what's the point of ranked?

There is no reason of leaderboards without cross-server or any good attention to PvP. As everyone knows dat more people play renked for fun when there is no season and no salty tryharders in it. Casual teams can't find their niche in ranked coz there is problem 1.no X-server 2. not enough teams in q 3. low rating and losses to more skilled team make them salty and they stop to q.

Edited by helpmewin

8v8? No chance. We don't have the people for it. We DID...but we don't any longer.

Now? Mb not as it was before, coz there is no 8*8 rwz to say will have this part of PvP sucess. How many people quit when they delete RWZ? A lot of. Can some part - return? I think yes. This game lose nothing if devs just switch on this option tho.

Edited by helpmewin

There is no reason of leaderboards without cross-server or any good attention to PvP. As everyone knows dat more people play renked for fun when there is no season and no salty tryharders in it. Casual teams can't find their niche in ranked coz there is problem 1.no X-server 2. not enough teams in q 3. low rating and losses to more skilled team make them salty and they stop to q.

My point was that you can't call it ranked if there aren't any rankings. (Well, OK, there *would* be rankings, but if they are hidden, they might as well not exist.)

And no, I didn't know that more people play ranked for fun blah blah blah.

(Parenthetical comment: Things that "everyone knows" are rarely known as widely as the writer is trying to suggest.)

No problem with regs queueing. Why would ranked 8v8 be different? Sure, less people queue ranked, but maybe that's because its 4v4. I know that's why I pass on ranked.

I'm a decent PvPer, I'm not a Ranked PvPer and there are certainly people far better than me, but I'm not terrible at all. I play objectives, I call incoming, I absolutely pull my weight in damage, I use stims, health packs, I respec specifically for PvP, I know when to use my cooldowns...but the beating I take (nearly) every time I PvP, is infuriating. There's no chance guys like me will join Ranked just to get my *** kicked even MORE. Pubs barley do well in Regs...I'm not going to subject myself to an even bigger whooping just for the hell of it.

EDIT: Make this cross faction 4+4 vs 4+4, and it might stand a chance.

Edited by TUXs

My point was that you can't call it ranked if there aren't any rankings. (Well, OK, there *would* be rankings, but if they are hidden, they might as well not exist.)

And no, I didn't know that more people play ranked for fun blah blah blah.

(Parenthetical comment: Things that "everyone knows" are rarely known as widely as the writer is trying to suggest.)

No point in ranking sistem in this game as experience shows. Team ranked alive only in pre-season and died again when season started. And how many peoples active and interested in yolo and rewards? 10-20-30 per server?

Anyway i'm not here to argue. I think give players to choose is a good point. Thats why i cr8ed this thread.

Edited by helpmewin

I'm a decent PvPer, I'm not a Ranked PvPer and there are certainly people far better than me, but I'm not terrible at all. I play objectives, I call incoming, I absolutely pull my weight in damage, I use stims, health packs, I respec specifically for PvP, I know when to use my cooldowns...but the beating I take (nearly) every time I PvP, is infuriating. There's no chance guys like me will join Ranked just to get my *** kicked even MORE. Pubs barley do well in Regs...I'm not going to subject myself to an even bigger whooping just for the hell of it.

EDIT: Make this cross faction 4+4 vs 4+4, and it might stand a chance.

I get pummeled either way lol. Sounds like its time you joined the dark side.:csw_vader: But yeah, definitely don't mind cross faction.

I get pummeled either way lol. Sounds like its time you joined the dark side.:csw_vader: But yeah, definitely don't mind cross faction.

I just can't...I realize it's the cool thing to do now, but I try not to follow the crowd, especially in PvP...I prefer being the underdog, and I enjoy having to work my *** off for a win...I just don't enjoy getting my *** handed to me quite so badly as it's been lately. PvP has become Imp only these days...that's a HUGE problem imo. We need cross faction PvP teams.

The current ranked system is way too easy to exploit. On most servers, it's hard -not- to exploit it when you know all of the characters that Q. Ranked needs to be x-faction and servers need to be merged (or x-server). Without those, I am sticking to regs and/or other games.

many peoples active and interested in yolo

YOLO? People in SWTOR know almost nothing of YOLO.

If you want to see YOLO in action, try ArcheAge sometime. There, you'll find YOLO when upgrading gear, when deciding to go on a sea-borne trade run, when jumping off tall mountains(1), a metric crapton of things.

(1) I used to do this. Of course, you need to make sure you have a glider before you do it, and you better hope you can get back on the ground in the next three minutes, or you're on a short journey to a rez point. Or like I did, one time. I was up on a mountain, deciding which way I wanted to fly, when a guildie contacted me and asked if I wanted to do something. OK, sure, let's meet at location X. Wait, location X is in sight, but down there. Glider: launched. Fly fly fly fly. Hmm. Still too high. Well, looks like if I fold the glider now, I'll fall in the right place. Fold. Plummet plummet plummet. (It was still a *long* way up.) Splat. I know, I'll lie here - like I had a choice! - and wait for Mr Guildie to arrive, coz I know he has a rez skill. I missed the target spot by only about fifty feet, too.

YOLO: You Only Live Once. An expression of gamer's fatalism.

The current ranked system is way too easy to exploit. On most servers, it's hard -not- to exploit it when you know all of the characters that Q. Ranked needs to be x-faction and servers need to be merged (or x-server). Without those, I am sticking to regs and/or other games.

This is what I hear from my friends that used to do ranked.

1) get rid of arenas now, use those maps for the grand tournament or something.

1a) arenas only exist for the deathmatch crowd, a type of pvp that needs utterly destroyed and killed off, nothing is more boring. I personally know of 20 people that love this game, but refuse to play it because arenas are part of the que (they only play a game if it has a PvP they enjoy in it) they left once arenas started becoming commonplace.

1b) the current arenas, if repurposed for the grand championship/tournaments could add some randomness tot he fights that is sorely lacking, and make adding an op mode to it even easier.

2)make like 2 more versions of alderaan, 2 more of novera, 2 more of voidstar, 2 more hypergate, and 2 more huttball maps

2a) we have the rules for these matches already set, new maps would take time but with the rule sets known and even re-using of assets would keep the ammount of time used to make them low

2b) you crank out new maps and you re-invigorate PvP even if they don't have new rule sets

3) make "ranked" a huttball only event.

3a) ranked should have a sports-like component and not be something so boring as a death match

3b) this will radically change the specs people will use, and even prefered classes... ex: 2 gunslingers/snipers can hold the ball area and control the ball that way where as currently they are despized in arenas

3c) this forces a level of teamwork between random players, and you can mix reps and pubs into the same teams without any lore problems

i can only speak for tre but ranked 8 vs 8 will have some sort of pvp revival here. even TR here has been picking up lately. Other things bioware must do is re balance the meta to make diff classes more viable in pvp. If pyrotech and lethality were viable it would add much to pvp dynamic. Also buff oper/merc heal and everything else outside fotm spec. Most pvp players I know ( and i mean dedicated ; as in no pve ) hate objectives. most good pvp guilds refuse outright to do it only dps farm and rightly so as objective is a snoozfest. rank rewards need to be reconstructed into something worth attaining . Its criminal that casual pve can gain better looking stuff then sweaty nerds in ranked who spend much more time and have much more skill. Lastly bioware need to support the pvp community , Like more features on the client main page to pvp stream so we can grow. Maybe host an official tournement with crazy rewards.

Overall my prediction is 8 vs 8 will bring some of the ancient pvp guilds/players back temporarily but once they find is lack of competition, **** leader board filled with wintraders/hackers/q-dodgers( i.e ; shout out to certain 2.5k rated sages), lack of rewards and notalgia is worn off they will go. They will see a clear lack of supp from the devs and disappear again just like this season. We saw great players from the past come back to play only to realise its a dump here in terms of support for pvp and the damage has been done visibly to the hardcore pvp population.

Bioware MUST change up the meta and make interesting FUN to play classes that are viable to keep these players.Pyrotech has so much potential to be great ; if only they would exploit it. There must be rewards worth having and solid competition , which i admit is dependant on the current crop of pvp players to come through and old ones to come back , but this can be helped MASSIVELY by server merges , cross faction and cross EU/NA pvp.

This would be a WORTHY investment bioware ffs. The potential of subs would be crazy and not only that subs that add depth to this game. The subs that tell you the dynamics of your combat system , who create excitement, attain skill , put in the most hours. so put in 8 vs 8 ranked , make classes viable and FUN , make pvp rewards great again and support our community if you are truly srs about this worthy endeavour .

Edited by Dzillah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.