Steam Overlay - Working on win7

renegadelink

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
The overlay was working fine for me on Windows 7, but it doesn't work any longer after upgrading to Windows 10. What about everyone else?

Same issue. I used to broadcast on Steam when I was playing, I have just got a new PC today with Windows 10 and I can't get the overlay to work with the game. My friends were even able to see that I was playing "X in non-Steam game Star Wars The Old Republic" but it also doesn't show anymore.

Edit: Just fixed this. Make sure to run Steam as administrator.

Edited by demotivator

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Never had a problem even with the streaming launcher on Windows 7. Upgrade to windows 10 and the launcher will notify friends list that game is launched as soon as the swtor.exe kicks in to load the game its goes away and steam doesn't work in game

Removing the streaming client atm and redownloading the game to see if that works

I'm having quite a difficult trouble getting this working. The most I can get is that two windows open, one being a command box and the other saying "Waiting for other scripts..." with an OK button.

This only works if I have it set up like following:

Target: "F:\Origin Games\Star Wars - The Old Republic\steamswtor.vbs"

Start in: "C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe"

• 3 weeks later...
im having a bit of a problem as when i used all the steps it works Perfect when launching the game and all... tho when in the Character select screen its now showing that its Downloading the game and i am unable to play my character past lvl 20. and ones that are only on starter planets.

• 5 weeks later...
im having a bit of a problem as when i used all the steps it works Perfect when launching the game and all... tho when in the Character select screen its now showing that its Downloading the game and i am unable to play my character past lvl 20. and ones that are only on starter planets.

I have this exact same issue

I have this exact same issue

If the game is downloading at the character select screen you are using streaming , see my post on the previous page , you need to use non streaming launcher to use steam ( I don't think this has changed since I last looked )

Oh your post isn't about steam overlay but validation at lvl 20 , change your email address and see if it validates

Edited by OwenBrooks

Accually i have found the way to use now. kinda strange if u ask me but. 2 steps.

1. Launch the game with the steamswtor.vbs (the box that pops up saying its waiting for the other to finish should go away when u log into the Launcher and Press Play) if not just Press the ok button then it will..

2. when the game is started up go to steam and then to the Swtor on the library List the game will seem to Restart and open a new Launcher. Just Exit that and all the new windows that popup and the game will Pop-up where u left off at and u will also see the (Steam-Enabled thingy) on the bottom Right..

PS its 5:09AM i just woke up so Give me a Break if sounds like im talking nonsense.. Have fun with ingame browser

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, here's a weird one. I'm on Windows 10 64bit, I'm running both SWTOR launcher and steam in administrator mode, and I've quadruple checked that I've got the right paths to the steamswtor.vbs script. Here are my cut and pastes from the properties section where I added it to Steam:

Target: "c:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe" "c:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\steamswtor.vbs"

Start In: "c:\Windows\System32\"

I followed the link posted in a previous post to set myself up with the non-streaming launcher as well.

So, if I run the launcher normally, it works fine, no problem. If I run the steamswtor.vbs script by itself, outside of steam (just double click on it), I see the two pop-ups and the Launcher starts. I put in my info and click play, and boom, I'm in the game. So that's fine.

But when I click Play from Steam, I see the two pop-ups, and down in my task bar I see the SWTOR icon appear briefly, then it crashes and ends. The icon goes away from the task bar, and my two pop-ups are left waiting forever. If I look in my swtor launcher logs, even on debug, the only indication is that it crashed for some reason.

I'd really like to get this working under steam, as I have a Steam Link coming soon, and I'd love to be able to stream SWTOR to the living room with everything else. ;) Any ideas what may be happening?

• 5 months later...

I've never been able to get the overlay to work with this game, but I can alt tab to get chat messages if I start it up through a Steam shortcut.

(I'm on Windows 10 now, but I started with Windows 7.)

• 3 weeks later...
Well, i have 3 PC. Windows 7, 8 and 10. 7 - work perfectly. Simpy add and run from steam. Windows 8 still need run as administrator. But 10 - is a pain in the... Well, u know. After launching from steam - i have swtor in tray. 10 sec and launcher is closed.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Someone know is it possible to enable notification that im playing swtor right now? I mean i added it in my steam library and when i press play it launches launcher, but near my profile pic in steam still just "online" instead of "playing swtor".

• 7 months later...