So in the end, what was the Fallen Empire?

gsummers

Story is not over yet. Looking for the answer now is premature. It may become very obvious why it was titled as such at the conclusion of the complete storyline.

But Knights of the Fallen Empire is over. And we did not get an answer.

The next story is Knights of the Eternal Throne. We know already now what the Eternal Throne is. Before the story even started.

I understand the marketing people decided on the name to tie it in to Knights of the Old Republic. So it would be a little unfair to expect the writing team to be able to craft a story based on the marketing people wanting people to see the game think about Kotor.

What exactly is that title referring to? Is it the fact that the Sith Empire fell to Zakuul? Then what about the Republic? If that is the case it should have been titled: Knights of the Fallen Empire and other similar Galactic Governing Institutions.

Is it referring to the Empire of Zakuul? Did Zakuul become a Fallen Empire when the events of the early chapters transpired? Even though Zakuul still rules the galaxy, perhaps it refers to a fallen morality within Zakuul culture. Maybe if that is the case it should have been titled: Knights of the Fallen Empire - a socio-cultural case study of the effects of leadership and droid-dependence.

Or maybe its more meta-physical. Perhaps the Empire refers to a place inside each of us created by our goodwill and teamwork. Now it has Fallen, because, I guess the expansion removed the need for teamwork.

Does anyone have any idea?

It refers to Bioware....... How the once mighty has fallen :(

I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the empire's gone

All my dreams pass before my eyes, and Koth still annoys me

Dust in the wind

The Fallen Empire is dust in the wind

Senyas song, just a boring harpy in apogee

All we do crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind

The Fallen Empire is dust in the wind

It refers to Bioware....... How the once mighty has fallen :(

Truth!!! LOL

The thing is, 1000yrs from now.... Luke would still be a panzy, Vader puts fear in everyone, (due to his heavy breathing). Leia still gets screwed by Han and Chewy, well, Chewy will still rock!! :D

There's probably a generator somewhere that takes five vaguely related star-wars words, jumbles them up and spits out a title for a film, book, play, game update.

seed it with such words as:

Throne

Attack

Revenge,

sith,

jedi,

warrior,

knight,

empire,

return,

fall,

rise,

Eternal

Revan,

war,

conflict,

force.

Balance

Republic.

Champion

Add in a few link-words like 'of' 'with' and 'the' ... throw the dice and see what you get.

There were no knights, unless your outlander was a Jedi. The empire was Zakuul, there was no 'falling', coz as someone above mentioned, we didn't know diddly about Zakuul before, so there's no frame of reference and we had it all pop out of hyperspace without warning, so we didn't really care about it that much.

Add in a few link-words like 'of' 'with' and 'the' ... throw the dice and see what you get.

Ok, Ill give it a go: rise, throne, Knights, fall

The rise and fall of the throne of Knights

The fall of the throne, the rise of the Knight

The Knights of the falling throne rise

It may be easier with 3 words, but it is a fun game nontheless.

Edited by Gokkus