Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Cross-faction warzones

omaan

I could actually see how a cross faction pvp operation, and mission chain even could be added to KOTFE.

it is an alliance, so we have reps and imps teaming up in the game, why not allow this in some pvp settings, maybe a section of zakkul being a pvp ( team maybe) area, where you could have a very free team structure, base on the alliance and totally cross faction

8 REP+IMP vs 8 REP+IMP could be very cool

and this can be even randomized to be alliance vs others making it a random draw if a team is faction mixed or not, base on who playes the alliance side.

Lots of stuff to open up for here with the mere existnce of the Alliance and how it is also apart form both republic and empire

In my opinion and of many others ( not all of course) one of the main things that makes this game special abd stand apart from other sci-fi games is not only the story but the fact that it's Star Wars.And to a lot of ppl (again,not all granted) one of the core iconic things to expect out of a Star Wars game is Light vs. Dark/Jedi vs. Sith action.

Sure if a great threat appears and is gonna wipe both factions out,it makes sense to team up for a while to defeat the common enemy. But,if all we do from now on is hold hands with the other faction until the game is shut down years into the future then this game loses one of the main things that makes a Star Wars game,a Star Wars game.

Sure,you could say the story here regardless is good,but only relying on a good story while we progressively keep eliminating core iconic elements then all you have left is a (in my opinion) a mediocre game with a decent story. If that's all we have left,then there's many other games that do this better.

Of course,we all know the Cartel Market saved this game when it went F2P but the thing is that even the Cartel Market wouldn't have saved this game if it wasnt for the fact that it's a Star Wars game to begin with.

My point is that in our quest to make grouping easier we need to be carefull that we don't ultimately end up with a generic sci-fi game and not the Star Wars game we all fell in love with. There needs to be a balance.

In my opinion and of many others ( not all of course) one of the main things that makes this game special abd stand apart from other sci-fi games is not only the story but the fact that it's Star Wars.And to a lot of ppl (again,not all granted) one of the core iconic things to expect out of a Star Wars game is Light vs. Dark/Jedi vs. Sith action.

Sure if a great threat appears and is gonna wipe both factions out,it makes sense to team up for a while to defeat the common enemy. But,if all we do from now on is hold hands with the other faction until the game is shut down years into the future then this game loses one of the main things that makes a Star Wars game,a Star Wars game.

Sure,you could say the story here regardless is good,but only relying on a good story while we progressively keep eliminating core iconic elements then all you have left is a (in my opinion) a mediocre game with a decent story. If that's all we have left,then there's many other games that do this better.

Of course,we all know the Cartel Market saved this game when it went F2P but the thing is that even the Cartel Market wouldn't have saved this game if it wasnt for the fact that it's a Star Wars game to begin with.

My point is that in our quest to make grouping easier we need to be carefull that we don't ultimately end up with a generic sci-fi game and not the Star Wars game we all fell in love with. There needs to be a balance.

And how much actual pvp have you done in this game?

And how much actual pvp have you done in this game?

Been playing both pvp and pve since I started playing this game during the first few months after launch.I may be wrong but it seems your point will be that you think I'm ignorant when it comes to pvp or something similar.I have 4 elite warlords which i got during my first few months on this game all those years ago and I have not stopped playing since.I was there during the random gear bags and was there for the short lived 8v8 ranked warzones.

While I understand that cross-faction warzones can bring benefits to the game experience,I feel this shouldn't and doesn't have to come at the cost of destroying the core lore of the game. We should add to it,not just destroy what came before. That's why I support the addition of new warzones that are cross-faction and making arenas and huttball cross-faction.

This way,the lore survives and we still get more cross-faction content. Like I said before,in my opinion balance is key to make this fun but yet still keep what makes this game,a Star Wars game.

That's why I support the addition of new warzones that are cross-faction and making arenas and huttball cross-faction.

This way,the lore survives and we still get more cross-faction content. Like I said before,in my opinion balance is key to make this fun but yet still keep what makes this game,a Star Wars game.

I've also been playing pvp since day 1, which means I remember back in the day when queing as an imperial meant that you would play huttball against other imperials. Period. lol.

I don't think we need every warzone to be cross faction, but yeah, the arenas and huttball ones should be. Those were never imperial vs republic anyway. They were always murder zones for the sick enjoyment of the hutts.

Flash points should not be cross faction but, I don't know, maybe operations could be cross faction. It might increase participation in Ops, which would make me happy. It does seem a little weird though, I don't know if I'd like it or not.

Been playing both pvp and pve since I started playing this game during the first few months after launch.I may be wrong but it seems your point will be that you think I'm ignorant when it comes to pvp or something similar.I have 4 elite warlords which i got during my first few months on this game all those years ago and I have not stopped playing since.I was there during the random gear bags and was there for the short lived 8v8 ranked warzones.

While I understand that cross-faction warzones can bring benefits to the game experience,I feel this shouldn't and doesn't have to come at the cost of destroying the core lore of the game. We should add to it,not just destroy what came before. That's why I support the addition of new warzones that are cross-faction and making arenas and huttball cross-faction.

You got 4 elite warlords during the Ilum fiasco? Doesn't mean anything. Experience from 5 years ago also has nothing to do with why x-faction is needed in game now. Currently most servers, even Harbinger, are dominated by one faction. Looking at ranked right now on some servers the average number of wins for a character on one side can be in the medium double digits and the other in the low single digits: this means if you want to do ranked at all you need to be on one faction. The same is true in regs but to a lesser and less obvious extent. Premades and cheaters have lots of fun with qs on servers with not so high populations or not so many people in q and two factions. the reasons for x-faction are all about fairness and opportunities for fun fof the most people without forcing people to abandon factions/characters. If you've done any significant amount of pvp lately (and that was what my question was about) I'm really not sure how you can miss that.

As for story... why exactly can't my ds Jedi (who might resemble Vader) join forces with Sith to crush Jedi? Or my ls Sith Warrior defend some pubs right to exist? My agent only pays lip service to imp fealty and if the chips were thrown he would side with the republic in many battles or a war. I understand your 2d sensibilities but they don't apply to this game and game fairness demands more.

Lore? Oh come on...a better gaming experience for their customers absolutely trumps "lore" any day for me, and presumably, most players. Hell, even Bioware gave up on the whole "lore" thing...or did you miss the part of KOTFE where you join sides with the opposite faction?

I notice this all the time, and it makes me laugh. People saying that people need to roll the other faction (in any game) but THEY continue to stick to their faction and veteran characters. It doesn't work that way. You want to balance things, YOU DO IT. and you HOLD to it. You fight those losing battles, again and again and again and again.

If you go by ranked, don't bother. Many of those people swap factions constantly. Ranked is also arena which...is the biggest waste of resources ever put into PvP in ANY game. If you just want to death match, go play a FPS...in MMOs we expect you to be intelligent enough to play objectives and do more than kill the other faction.

Also, outside of ranked I don't see the pubs losing so spectacularly at all on EH. It is pretty 50/50 over all.

You got 4 elite warlords during the Ilum fiasco? Doesn't mean anything. Experience from 5 years ago also has nothing to do with why x-faction is needed in game now. Currently most servers, even Harbinger, are dominated by one faction. Looking at ranked right now on some servers the average number of wins for a character on one side can be in the medium double digits and the other in the low single digits: this means if you want to do ranked at all you need to be on one faction. The same is true in regs but to a lesser and less obvious extent. Premades and cheaters have lots of fun with qs on servers with not so high populations or not so many people in q and two factions. the reasons for x-faction are all about fairness and opportunities for fun fof the most people without forcing people to abandon factions/characters. If you've done any significant amount of pvp lately (and that was what my question was about) I'm really not sure how you can miss that.

As for story... why exactly can't my ds Jedi (who might resemble Vader) join forces with Sith to crush Jedi? Or my ls Sith Warrior defend some pubs right to exist? My agent only pays lip service to imp fealty and if the chips were thrown he would side with the republic in many battles or a war. I understand your 2d sensibilities but they don't apply to this game and game fairness demands more.

Never said valor ever indicated skill but it does indicate time spent. And like i said,I still play today as much as i did back then so today's pvp state and faction imbalance is something I know about. My point is that i agree that more cross-faction warzones would help greatly. Where you and I disagree (or maybe you misunderstood what i said before) is that these cross-faction warzones should be new ones added to the game,not old ones changed.

There is room for both the gameplay experience and the lore on this game. It doesnt have to be one or the other and trying to force things to cater to one way of enjoying the game when there's room for both is narrow minded in my opinion.

I notice this all the time, and it makes me laugh. People saying that people need to roll the other faction (in any game) but THEY continue to stick to their faction and veteran characters. It doesn't work that way. You want to balance things, YOU DO IT. and you HOLD to it. You fight those losing battles, again and again and again and again.

If you go by ranked, don't bother. Many of those people swap factions constantly. Ranked is also arena which...is the biggest waste of resources ever put into PvP in ANY game. If you just want to death match, go play a FPS...in MMOs we expect you to be intelligent enough to play objectives and do more than kill the other faction.

Also, outside of ranked I don't see the pubs losing so spectacularly at all on EH. It is pretty 50/50 over all.

TEH is actually the most balanced server I've seen but even that favors one side over the other (and most of the times the pub side does well is because an imp side pvp guild swaps out after being exasperated by the bad pub teams they played against). JC, SL and Harbinger are or were more Imp dominated even if you throw out ranked (which is much easier to cheat in with two factions vs one). Check out the "Pub PvP" thread on the front page of the PVP board.

I disagree that wzs should exist in a perfect game where one faction has a much smaller chance of winning even if the classes are the same. Not when there's an alternative. Bear in mind that the different factions appeal to different player types. And a large number of experienced players will just go to the side they think will lose less. I also don't agree with arbitrarily restricting/limiting x-faction to a small number of wzs only unless players are allowed to pick wzs they q for (not gonna happen).

Edited by Savej

As i wrote in my first message i was thinking like you but lets be honest,do we really have republic vs empire fights? 85 % of all fights are empire vs empire, 10 % fights are Odessen prooving grounds and 5 % are ending at start or mid because reps are leaving fast from wrz because of total loosing! + with KOTFEE star wars already lost it's main feature because now due to the plot both republic and empire fighting together against Zakuul.... there is no republic vs empire now so no sense to complain about it. I really tired of playing my imps char and i want to play pvp on some republic toons but we all know republic is only a pve faction....such position makes this game one-factioned and it has it's own consequences - people are leaving this game because they can't play faction they like or want to play.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.