Cartel Market Certificates and what you can buy

chisatq

So Cartel Market Certificates, as I understand it, are basically like winning the pack lottery.

I have no idea if they're still around, I haven't bought a hypercrate since Shipment 4, at least. But I've got 9 sitting around gathering dust and I've been wondering if buying outfits with them still unlock in collections - and if that's the case, does it also work when mixing pieces? (Say, 6/7 pieces bought through the vendor, and the last 1/7 piece bought on the GTN) Would the set still unlock then?

I always suspected possibly not, but with the way the DVL has been handling armor sets, I'm definitely wondering, and I don't even know where to look to figure this out, which has led me here. Help me forum-goers!

edit: i have no idea if this is the right section for this. Sorry if it's not.

Edited by chisatq

So Cartel Market Certificates, as I understand it, are basically like winning the pack lottery.

I have no idea if they're still around, I haven't bought a hypercrate since Shipment 4, at least. But I've got 9 sitting around gathering dust and I've been wondering if buying outfits with them still unlock in collections - and if that's the case, does it also work when mixing pieces? (Say, 6/7 pieces bought through the vendor, and the last 1/7 piece bought on the GTN) Would the set still unlock then?

I always suspected possibly not, but with the way the DVL has been handling armor sets, I'm definitely wondering, and I don't even know where to look to figure this out, which has led me here. Help me forum-goers!

It mostly depends on luck, some things unlock others don't and different things do or do not unlock differently for different people.

First off, this whole 'Cartel Market Certificates' debacle really needs to be addressed (and hopefully rectified SOON) by the devs. It's almost been a good year since 4.0 dropped, and still no official word if acquiring these Certificates will be possible in the coming days.

As it currently stands, the only way to nab this obscure currency is through buying "older" (pre- 4.0) Cartel Packs off GTN, or scoring them through sheer luck from the completely nerfed 'Contraband Slot Machine' - the latter being an almost hopeless resort.

There's still quite a few items I've been wanting to grab from that vendor on the Fleet (mostly "personnel" for the strongholds), but with no feasible way to get these certificates any longer, paying millions through GTN is essentially the only option. Err, no thanks.

Anyhow, are there "outfits" that can be purchased with these, and if so, where is the vendor located? Whatever the case may be, I'm assuming purchasing this exclusive gear from GTN would still unlock a complete set (and through Collections as well), provided you had enough possible "reputation" if required.

Unfortunately, I can't speak for DVL Packs / Armor Sets, since I've yet to partake in this event - as I've only purchased one Dark vs. Light Pack (the Cartel version). Here's hoping this Cartel Certificates issue will be sorted-out eventually... *crosses fingers in reluctance*.:rolleyes:

Anyhow, are there "outfits" that can be purchased with these, and if so, where is the vendor located?

At the fleet station, in the Cartel Market up top. Left hand side of the room on the upper dais. About 6 to 8 vendors in total, each with different rep from different packs.

At the fleet station, in the Cartel Market up top. Left hand side of the room on the upper dais. About 6 to 8 vendors in total, each with different rep from different packs.

Yeah, that's right. Thanks for the reminder. On the Imperial Fleet, all those random rep vendors are located in the 'Cartel Bazaar', close to where the Bounty Contract Week is usually popping-off

First off, this whole 'Cartel Market Certificates' debacle really needs to be addressed (and hopefully rectified SOON) by the devs. It's almost been a good year since 4.0 dropped, and still no official word if acquiring these Certificates will be possible in the coming days.

As it currently stands, the only way to nab this obscure currency is through buying "older" (pre- 4.0) Cartel Packs off GTN, or scoring them through sheer luck from the completely nerfed 'Contraband Slot Machine' - the latter being an almost hopeless resort.

There's still quite a few items I've been wanting to grab from that vendor on the Fleet (mostly "personnel" for the strongholds), but with no feasible way to get these certificates any longer, paying millions through GTN is essentially the only option. Err, no thanks.

Anyhow, are there "outfits" that can be purchased with these, and if so, where is the vendor located? Whatever the case may be, I'm assuming purchasing this exclusive gear from GTN would still unlock a complete set (and through Collections as well), provided you had enough possible "reputation" if required.

Unfortunately, I can't speak for DVL Packs / Armor Sets, since I've yet to partake in this event - as I've only purchased one Dark vs. Light Pack (the Cartel version). Here's hoping this Cartel Certificates issue will be sorted-out eventually... *crosses fingers in reluctance*.:rolleyes:

Unless the devs intend to leave the heavily nerfed slotmachines as the only source, I don't understand why they don't respond.

It mostly depends on luck, some things unlock others don't and different things do or do not unlock differently for different people.

^this is essentially your answer.

But bank on most things NOT unlocking properly in collections. BW put everything that used to be on these vendors into the Grand Chance item pool as new items with the same name and a CM icon on them. Sometimes, randomly, for certain people, collections will recognize the vendor bought items and allow you to unlock them. Most times: no dice. Wasted a bunch of certs myself on the stronghold defender weapons. Half didn't light up collections when bound and those that did are bugged and won't let me pay to unlock them across legacy. CS can't do anything other than one guy gifted me a dupe pistol on my merc.

No fix. No mention. Another abandoned part of the game.