( Spoiler )If I start KOTFE straightaway, what will I lost?

Ildun

1) Will I miss certain story/mission/item content permanently or I always can access ALL content of previous chapter?

2) Do the decisions made in previous chapter affect KOTFE? ( I knew Vette's dialogue will be different )

3) Will I lost certain companion permanently? Or they will available in previous chapter as if nothing has happens?( such as Scorpio )

1: you can't do the previous chapters as well as Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan.

2: no, you get a generic title and none that you've done previously matters at all.

3: you lost all of them, however you will get tons later on, and also you can claim your comps. back from a terminal if the chapters didn't introduced them. There are quite a few who didn't came back with the story.

1) Will I miss certain story/mission/item content permanently or I always can access ALL content of previous chapter?

2) Do the decisions made in previous chapter affect KOTFE? ( I knew Vette's dialogue will be different )

3) Will I lost certain companion permanently? Or they will available in previous chapter as if nothing has happens?( such as Scorpio )

1 - no

2 - LOL of course not. Don't be fooled by the whole 'choices matter' - they don't.

3 -

You lose all your pets shortly after starting Kofte, as part of the 'story', then embark on an endless, pointless quest to recruit more and more and more. Old faces may return, some will go, some you will never see again. Bioware did mention something about a terminal where you will be able to pick the pets you want to keep - but that's *soon

PS - I call them pets, because they behave like a pet. Stand on mailboxes, get in the way when you walk and are generally annoying when you need them not to be.

1: you can't do the previous chapters as well as Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan.

What happens if I started ROHC and SOR but not finish, then start KOTFE? :confused:

Edited by Ildun

1) This is a little complicated, but the essential summary is that a character who starts KotFE loses access to:

* Unfinished base class story (the part before you get sent to Ilum)

* Unfinished base class companion stories

* Unfinished or not-begun Forged Alliances, Shadow of Revan, and Rise of the Emperor stories. (Roughly, the Tython/Korriban/Manaan/Rakata Prime flashpoints, Rishi and Yavin 4, and Ziost.)

I recommend you do the FA/SoR/RotE series at least once, so that you see the story of Ziost. Some of the bickering in the early chapters of KotFE relies on you having done Ziost in order to fully understand what's going on.

2) Not very much. Sith Inquisitors will be greeted at the beginning of Chapter I by the Darth name they earned at the end of their base class story (Nox/Oculus(?sp)/Imperious), but that's just words. There are probably some other variations, but the overall flow of the story is affected mostly by your actions during KotFE.

3) Troopers lose "official" access to one companion for sure. A significant number of companions haven't made an official return yet. Base class companions can be recalled unofficially (including the now-absent trooper one), and the recalled one will be replaced when the official one returns. Returning "romantic interest" companions are *supposed* to correctly take into account your earlier decisions to romance them or not (but there were reports of problems with male Agents who romanced Raina Temple - or nobody at all - when Kaliyo returned in Chapter X).

Hope that helps.

1) This is a little complicated, but the essential summary is that a character who starts KotFE loses access to:

* Unfinished base class story (the part before you get sent to Ilum)

* Unfinished base class companion stories

* Unfinished or not-begun Forged Alliances, Shadow of Revan, and Rise of the Emperor stories. (Roughly, the Tython/Korriban/Manaan/Rakata Prime flashpoints, Rishi and Yavin 4, and Ziost.)

I recommend you do the FA/SoR/RotE series at least once, so that you see the story of Ziost. Some of the bickering in the early chapters of KotFE relies on you having done Ziost in order to fully understand what's going on.

2) Not very much. Sith Inquisitors will be greeted at the beginning of Chapter I by the Darth name they earned at the end of their base class story (Nox/Oculus(?sp)/Imperious), but that's just words. There are probably some other variations, but the overall flow of the story is affected mostly by your actions during KotFE.

3) Troopers lose "official" access to one companion for sure. A significant number of companions haven't made an official return yet. Base class companions can be recalled unofficially (including the now-absent trooper one), and the recalled one will be replaced when the official one returns. Returning "romantic interest" companions are *supposed* to correctly take into account your earlier decisions to romance them or not (but there were reports of problems with male Agents who romanced Raina Temple - or nobody at all - when Kaliyo returned in Chapter X).

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot, I thinks I should just give up the event :rolleyes:

What happens if I started ROHC and SOR but not finish, then start KOTFE? :confused:

Class stories, SoR and Ziost will be autocompleted and removed from your quest list.

Ilum, RotHC and Oricon will remain in the same state you left them, since they aren't affected by the KotFE storyline.

2: no, you get a generic title and none that you've done previously matters at all.

Thats not true.

There are various dialog & scene changes depending on your previous romatic affiliations & how you treated characters like Vette.

Starting KOTFE permanently ends your access to your original class story (chapters 1-3), Forged Alliances (introduction to Lana and Theron), SoR, and Rise of the Emperor (Ziost storyline), companion story arcs and access to any companions you didn't recruit through your class story in or outside of KOTFE chapters. Although you might be able to get those companions through the terminal at the alliance base in chapter 9. Haven't tried that with a toon that skipped straight to KOTFE.

ROTHC is unaffected for KOTFE. Planetary story arcs are unaffected. The mini arcs on fleet with the paired flashpoints are unaffected. The one-shot operations storyline missions are unaffected. Ilum story arc & paired flashpoint mini arc remain. HK-51 questline is unaffected. They all stay active and available whether you have them in progress or not at KOTFE start.

Not sure how romances are handled if you never got the flag for them and skipped straight to the expansion. They might not be registered and you'll not be able to pursue them. The Lana / Theron romances start in Forged Alliances, so I can't imagine you'd be able to pursue them in KOTFE either, especially since many people who didn't skip FA and did pursue romances there still didn't get them recognized when running KOTFE.

Edited by Nothing_Shines