224 Gear Upon Chapter 16 Completion

peter_plankskull

I actually did the whole thing in my pvp set

Not that I'm taking a stance on your post, other than that the entire expansion is pretty accessible.

I did it on one with PvP 208 gear and one with *partial* PvE 208 gear. Neither had had companions above influence of 10 (that could be used).

No problem and no concern whatsoever.

Though, the BH in PvP gear crushed the trash much quicker than the SI in just-good-enough gear.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even 212s are better. Though 30% chance for 413 crit rating for 6 seconds every 20 seconds is nice.

http://imgur.com/a/9ZwH2

It's useless compared to 216+ ops relics. Getting 216 isn't even that difficult because only few people actually roll for those. Sometimes nobody wants a relic and it gets randomed.

And how did you calculate exactly that those 212s are better?

It's a 224 relic that boosts 2 stats instead of just 1, its a nice freebie because its a pain to get 216+ relics that have that auto activate ability, and it's just one piece, and a relic doesn't do much its not like they gave us a 224 main hand weapon, or a 224 token that we could farm and have a full 224 geared character without stepping foot into a HM or NMM operation.

A 224 relic freebie doesn't hurt the game, and makes gearing for NMM operations 1 small piece easier.

And how did you calculate exactly that those 212s are better?

212 gives 903 Power or Crit.

The Season 1 relic gives 416 Power & Crit

416 x 2 = 826.

903-826 = 77 less stat points.

Assuming it procs every 20 seconds and lasts 6 seconds, that's 18 seconds a minute.

So 1386 stat points a minute less, that will have an effect in really really close fights, but won't matter much in Ops.

A bigger question: does it make sense to use it in PvP despite the lack of expertise?

Edited by AshlaBoga

Seriously Bioware... you're literally giving people a relic of 224 after finishing the expansion? It's not the same as operation gear of course, but gives power and critical, but still.... why Bioware... no one needs anything outside of a brain and 208 blue gear to do your game.

Maybe they should have given you a cookie. But then again, you might complain if it's not chocolate chip. :)

Seriously Bioware... you're literally giving people a relic of 224 after finishing the expansion? It's not the same as operation gear of course, but gives power and critical, but still...

I was hoping for gear that was an improvement. Sadly, I sold it because it wasn't as good as what I already had. This is especially sad because I don't do PVP, have never run an Op, and never bought anything epic from the GTN.

As for all those posters who are upset that people complain, I have two things to say:

1) You're complaining about people complaining. I can't help but laugh.

2) This is a forum for discussing things we love and hate, not an exclusive hangout for people who think the game is perfect in every way.

To all you posters who I completely disagree with, keep on posting! Your opinion counts.

Edited by Xina_LA

This relic is not that significant in terms of whats dropped in HM Operations. Do a little research before going off on this 224 relic. The 220 Seredipitous Assault and Focused Retribution relics are still better than this relic, and same goes for the tanking relic.

It just offers sort-of a serendipitous assault type relic without the crit stat (yes I know there is a crit chance bonus), and not even half the power bonus. Same analogy can be applied to the tanking relic. If you've got 220 token relics, this is a **** drop comparatively. Hell, maybe even 216.

For comparison:

Relic of the Eternal Combatant (Item Rating 224)

+203 Endurance

+77 Power

Equip: Healing an ally or performing a damaging attack on an enemy both have a 30% chance to grant 413 Power and Critical Rating for 6 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds.

--------------------

Exarch Relic of Serendipitous Assault (Item Rating 220)

+177 Endurance

+73 Power

+42 Crit

Equip: Healing an ally or performing a damaging attack on an enemy both have a 30% chance to grant 945 Power for 6 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds.

--------------------

Ultimate Exarch Relic of Serendipitous Assault (Item Rating 224)

+186 Endurance

+77 Power

+44 Crit

Equip: Healing an ally or performing a damaging attack on an enemy both have a 30% chance to grant 966 Power for 6 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds.

Yeah, I'd take the 220 over this any day. Endurance won't matter at all really. And you only get one of these. No one that is serious about gearing will be using this if they are doing operations gear grinding. Maybe only in the short term, which is long enough to get something better.

I'm not parsed this yet, but Both Serendipitous Assault and Relic of the Eternal Combatant could be better since the relic procs power and crit and stacks power on double proc's. A higher critical should beat the mastery bump especially if you stack power. At least that is my theory I want to test.

It doesn't matter what the devs do in this game they will get mauled. Give a gift to the player base - wahhhhhh but I wanted something else. Give a 224 relic at end of story - wahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Bunch of frickin cry baby's.

Well, here's what a lot of people fail to understand. The devs rely on us players for their livelihood. We don't rely on them for ours. I pay to play this game, so I expect gear ratings to be standardized. So if the devs are going to put a 224 rating on a relic , I expect that relic to be better in every aspect than a 220 rated relic. When that 224 relic is not as good as a 220 relic, I have to reasonably wonder whether this was intended to make us think we're getting something we're actually not or whether the devs simply made a mistake. It's hard enough to figure out what stats you need in order to optimize your toon because the devs really don't provide any information in that regard. So when the devs put a 224 rated relic into the game that clearly should not have a 224 rating, that just makes matters worse. Because I'm sitting here scratching my head and wondering if there is something the devs know that I don't for why they rated that relic 224. I'm wondering, do I keep my 220 relic or switch it out for what appears to be a inferior relic. This game should not be that hard to figure out. If it is not obvious that the relic will improve my toon,, then obviously the relic should not have a higher rating than what my toon is wearing now. This 224 relic appears to be nothing more than a pig wearing lipstick.

• 1 month later...